Ultimate Fighter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ultimate Fighter?

Anyone watch this show during? The finals were tonight and as amateurish as most of the fights have been during the course of the season, there were a few good fights.

It was pretty wild seeing a 5'11" dude knock a 6'7" foot guy down twice. The fight between Luke Cuomo and Joe Stevenson sucked though. They were waaaaay too friendly during the fight.

The show is pretty much 2/5ths infomercial for Xyience supplement products, 2/5 male soap opera and 1/5 actual asskicking. I just tune in for the last 15 minutes (when the fight happens). If you have nothing better to do, it's worth the watch.

I watched it. I thought the Luke vs Joe fight was good. Joe just always acts like that, I don't think he was "too friendly" that's just how he is. I also just watched the fights for most of the matches today, but I watched the whole thing for some of the earlier shows and that's how Joe always acted. He just doesn't take things seriously.

Anyway it was entertaining. I didn't see the final fight though, who won that?

Comment

I'm on the West Coast, so it's on right now. It's Diego Sanchez (from season 1) and another up-and-comer named Nick Diaz. Diaz knocked out Robbie Lawler recently, and is a pretty good striker.

Right now, Diego is controlling the whole fight, and it's in Round 2. Diego has pretty much had Nick on his back with Nick trying to avoid submission in the guard. Unless Nick gets up and can knock him out, it's pretty much going to be Sanchez 4 win.

Comment

Yep, fight over, Diaz wasn't able to stay off of his back. Diego Sanchez won in a copiously bloody decision.

Comment

Is this Ultimate Fighting or some new thing?
          Anyway, I like the Pride and Pancrase tournaments more than the UFC.

Comment

True. UFC and TUF have nothing on Pride. K-1 is fun when Genki Sudo fights.
            Jesus Christ on a pogo stick

Comment

Yeah K-1 is cool and Mr Neo-Samurai is damn elite. Although, I liked Andy Hug the most of all the K-1 fighters, too bad he died. )=

My favourite fighter in Pride is easily Kazushi Sakuraba. He is a damn cool fighter to watch.

Comment

Too bad his body is a wreck and he fights people that outmuscle him by far, he should fight in a lower weight division. My personal favourite is Crocop, but I feel a little sorry for him. He has been so close to getting a title for so long but never quite makes it.

Did you see the Shogun vs Arona match?

Comment

I enjoy K-1 a lot more than UFC.

It's always funny watching Bob Sapp fight, especially. I like his "style", or lack of anyway

It's a shame Tyson never actually did K-1. I'd like to see his getting owned :up:

Comment

The thing with Sakuraba is that he doesn't take training as serious as others do. He smokes, drinks, then goes up in the ring, and can beat people who are in great condition. He is a cool fighter and his style is beautiful, but I would like to see him use a little anabolics, he would own!

No, I haven't seen Pride Final Conflict yet, but I heard he beat up Arona, which is very impressive.

Actually, I think Tyson would do very well. If Botha can own, so can Tyson.

EDIT: Btw, did you see the Andy hug vs Crocop fight in 2000. Very nice fight and Andy won it. It was two months after that fight Andy died. )=
                    Last edited by R1pp3r; 11-06-2005, 10:32 AM.

Comment

The only thing Tyson can own these days is a compact car. He can't even afford tigers for his house anymore.

In addition to money, Tyson doesn't have the speed or quickness either. I really don't think he would stand a chance, especially against a mixed martial artist. He would totally resort to biting again. :shuriken:

Comment

What does money have to do with anything? I doubt you even know what the K-1 is.

Comment

Duh, it's another MMA fighting competition.

Tyson's lack of money has to do with his complete collapse as a fighter, and lack of talent. If he could still fight, he would have some coin, instead of hanging out in a birdhouse and flippin pigeons.

Comment

K-1 is for the most part just striking. They do have MMA too, but most of the matches are freakshows.

Comment

I've never seen one, but I've seen the pay per view ads during the WSOP 2 years ago. They were making it seem like a circus of unusual matchups but with MMA too. Like, see a 7' striker fight a 6' kickboxer.

Any good?

Comment

Working...
                              X