Are you human?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are you human?

Perhaps none of us are. It seems that not all is as it appears.

If you count the amount of cells we all have, we are not humans at all. The number of non-human cells that we all walk around with are, by a factor of 10, greater than the amount of human cells we have.
    These included hordes of bacteria cells that cover every square inch of our skin and exist in huge numbers in our intestines.

And perhaps this is not just an semi-interesting fact. If we are basically self contained eco-systems for bacteria, is that why we have evolved the way we have? Is this our purpose on earth, to be a support system for microbes?

And to be greedy and gluttonous too, dont forget the gluttony.
    I really do like pie

Aos> im a freelance Gynecologist

GHB>I AM ANGRY ON THE INTERNETf

Matchbot1> You can't challenge your own squad, silly :P

Comment

An interesting idea, but are we the only animals that do this?

Comment

I don't really think the number of certain cells defines who we are, or what we are. Our actions, civilization, society and forms of communication for the most part, "make us human". Then again I don't know if you're just trying to do this from the biological angle so I'm not going to be a douche and derail.
        My father in law was telling me over Thanksgiving about this amazing bartender at some bar he frequented who could shake a martini and fill it to the rim with no leftovers and he thought it was the coolest thing he'd ever seen. I then proceeded to his home bar and made four martinis in one shaker with unfamiliar glassware and a non standard shaker and did the same thing. From that moment forward I knew he had no compunction about my cock ever being in his daughter's mouth.

Comment

But without those microbes we would cease to exist, so in theory its these microbes that make us what we are therefore, human.

Comment

We're really a factory for mitochondria...
            Epinephrine's History of Trench Wars:
            www.geocities.com/epinephrine.rm

My anime blog:
            www.animeslice.com

Comment

Hello Tone,

Please log off of Ephemeral's account.

Thanks,
              PH

:P
              Originally posted by Tone
              It is now time for the energy shift of the 7th root race to manifest on the 3D physical plane and uplift us back to 5D.
              Originally posted by the_paul
              Gargle battery acid fuckface
              Originally posted by Material Girl
              I tried downloading a soundcard

Comment

Originally posted by PH
                Hello Tone,

Please log off of Ephemeral's account.

Thanks,
                PH

:P
                Lol!
                I was about to post something similar to that :grin:
                A kiss is a rosy dot over the 'i' of loving.

Cyrano de Bergerac

Comment

These microbes wouldn't exists without us (animals). It's symbiotic! (although I'm not exactly sure we'd need bacteria if there was none to begin with).
                  (ZaBuZa)>sigh.. i been playing this game since i was 8... i am more mature then ull ever be...

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Peanuts
                    But without those microbes we would cease to exist, so in theory its these microbes that make us what we are therefore, human.

Alot of those microbes are in a plethora of animals around the planet. Lets just say it's safe to say that without bacteria, algae, etc (single celled organisms that can't be seen with the naked eye) we wouldn't be where we are today. Microbes (outside the body) do lots of things, from helping us clean our water, to decomposing dead organisms.
                    Lets just say that they're important inside and outside our bodies.
                    I really do like pie

Aos> im a freelance Gynecologist

GHB>I AM ANGRY ON THE INTERNETf

Matchbot1> You can't challenge your own squad, silly :P

Comment

humans will come to the point to where they could be considered a new species, after the merging with technology takes place.

Comment

Note to the smartass posters who are comparing me to Tone. First, fuck you.

Second, this info is in this month's National Geographic, not some stupid BLOG or conspiracy site.

Comment

I thought the ":P" was a dead giveaway that I was joking.
                          Originally posted by Tone
                          It is now time for the energy shift of the 7th root race to manifest on the 3D physical plane and uplift us back to 5D.
                          Originally posted by the_paul
                          Gargle battery acid fuckface
                          Originally posted by Material Girl
                          I tried downloading a soundcard

Comment

Originally posted by Ephemeral

Second, this info is in this month's National Geographic, not some stupid BLOG or conspiracy site.
                            Ahaha!
                            Eph was it that easy to make you lose composure :fear: it was supposed to be a funny sowy
                            A kiss is a rosy dot over the 'i' of loving.

Cyrano de Bergerac

Comment

Originally posted by Ephemeral

9/11 was an inside job asshole. thats not a conspiracy theory, the only theory is no evidence 19 hijackers theory. the death of 3000 is considered an ethical sacrafice to force the change taking place. my sources for all my posts have been all good and you havent checked any of them or really investigated anything i posted.

Comment

Working...
                              X