Are you human?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tone
    9/11 was an inside job asshole. thats not a conspiracy theory, the only theory is no evidence 19 hijackers theory. the death of 3000 is considered an ethical sacrafice to force the change taking place. my sources for all my posts have been all good and you havent checked any of them or really investigated anything i posted.
    How's that for relevance?
    :confused: Are human fat?

Comment

Originally posted by Facetious
      edit: (Money just PMed me his address so I can go to Houston and fight him)

Comment

hahahah god bless you Annux
        can we please have a moment for silence for those who died from black on black violence

Comment

how does comparing the amount of cells of human and bacterial have anything to do with wether we are human or not.

BActeria were amongst the first living organisms, they are extremely small and extremely adaptable. It is no wonder that they are abundent in our bodies for both benefical and negative purposes, since as more complicated multi celluar organisms evolved they would be exploited by and exploit what came before them.

Yes mitochondria have their own DNA and biologists believe that at one point they were a seperate organism that now live in symbiosis with their parent cells. Using the term factory makes it sound like mitichondria are incontrol like a virus when in fact there growth in a cell is controled by our cells.

But none of that actualy matters to what the essence of humanity is and what makes us human. We are not meerly a factory for these bacteria but a product of our evolution progressing so living in symbiosis was benefical to both parties in terms of an evolutionary edge, we get aid in digestion and energy making and the bacterial get a place to breed and continue their genetic replication. We wouldn't exist without them or these steps in evolution.

It is all very interesting , specially mitochondira. But its more about a history off a great step forward in evolution in cells than bringing into question our humanity.
          In my world,
          I am King

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by PH
            I thought the ":P" was a dead giveaway that I was joking.
            no you need to include something along the lines of
            "I AM JOKING"
            I really do like pie

Aos> im a freelance Gynecologist

GHB>I AM ANGRY ON THE INTERNETf

Matchbot1> You can't challenge your own squad, silly :P

Comment

Originally posted by Tone
              9/11 was an inside job asshole. thats not a conspiracy theory, the only theory is no evidence 19 hijackers theory. the death of 3000 is considered an ethical sacrafice to force the change taking place. my sources for all my posts have been all good and you havent checked any of them or really investigated anything i posted.
              Perhaps for the first time in these forums, you are exactly right. Exactly right about me not spending time 'investigating' anything you post.
              There is no need to, it is completely evident and grossly apparent that you have a closed mind and are unwilling to consider any other position other than the one you promote. Out of the number of moronic posts you have made, point us to one, just one, where you present two sides of the argument. Doh good job in making my case for me.

So why would anyone bother to even read your inane ramblings disguised and thinly veiled as 'original thoughts' when you show zero capacity for doing balanced and fair discovery.
              I am blown away that someone as worldly, knowledgeable, and well-informed as to grace our little forum with your theories. But since the extent of you being sure about your absurd theories only reaches as far as you posting on these obscure forums, have you given thought to going public with a book or lecture tour? I am sure that you would be able to not only rake in the big bucks with the indisputable evidence you have, but actually be remembered as a historical figure. Your theories would hence be known as the 'Tone Theory'.

Perhaps your in-depth investigations should include the origns of the new word "Ignoranus", defined as a person who's both stupid and an asshole at the same time.

And oh, btw, this is the last time I ever waste my time replying to anything you post, so enjoy the silence.
              Last edited by Ephemeral; 11-16-2005, 06:35 PM.

Comment

that tone
                got owned
                word.

Comment

edit:sorry, thought i was creating a thread
                  boo...:eek:

Comment

Originally posted by Ephemeral
                    Second, this info is in this month's National Geographic, not some stupid BLOG or conspiracy site.
                    Regardless, that's like saying a house isn't a house because there are more people living inside the house than there are houses inside the house....

Bacteria aren't part of us, they just live inside (or arguably mostly 'outside' us, as the GI system is technically just a hollow tube that runs through us and that's where most of the bacteria in us live) us so what does it matter?
                    Epinephrine's History of Trench Wars:
                    www.geocities.com/epinephrine.rm

My anime blog:
                    www.animeslice.com

Comment

Hey, everyone, feel free not to oppress his ability to question.
                      boo...:eek:

Comment

Originally posted by Ephemeral
                        Perhaps none of us are. It seems that not all is as it appears.

If you count the amount of cells we all have, we are not humans at all. The number of non-human cells that we all walk around with are, by a factor of 10, greater than the amount of human cells we have.
                        These included hordes of bacteria cells that cover every square inch of our skin and exist in huge numbers in our intestines.

And perhaps this is not just an semi-interesting fact. If we are basically self contained eco-systems for bacteria, is that why we have evolved the way we have? Is this our purpose on earth, to be a support system for microbes?
                        I think its some sort of symbiotic relationship, because for the most part these bacteria are benevolent. At least, I think most of them are.

These microbes wouldn't exists without us (animals). It's symbiotic! (although I'm not exactly sure we'd need bacteria if there was none to begin with).
                        If we didn't have any, we'd need to manufacture at least some of them. Not all... but I believe there are bacteria that assist in digestion, breakdown of other substances... Enzymes could do this, but I think the body doesn't bother making heaps of these because the bacteria is doing it.
                        Last edited by Theif of Time; 11-16-2005, 08:51 PM.

Originally posted by Disliked
                        Imagine a world without morals... it would be like the tw community
                        +++ Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++

Comment

Originally posted by Blanke
                          Hey, everyone, feel free not to oppress his ability to question.
                          He's not questioning; he's trying to convince others, and that's a different thing entirely.

Comment

I thought this thread was going to be about that reverse Turing-test thing where you have to prove to the computer that you're a human.

That thing was really deep, and i think it is better at making you question your own humanity than whatever the hell you guys are talking about.

But regarding the thread, I agree with
                            Regardless, that's like saying a house isn't a house because there are more people living inside the house than there are houses inside the house....
                            --|-- Question #60 | Category: History
                            --|-- Question: What husband wife team starred in "a turkey for the president"?
                            --|-- Hint: Starts with 'Ron'
                            ConCor> ronald reagan
                            ConCor> ronal
                            --|-- No one has given the correct answer of 'Ronald and Nancy Reagon'

Comment

it's really more of a state of mind thing, because the way I see it, we're all part of something or other. Did you know they have this anthropology test where they can check what % you are of each of the major races from around the world by comparing your DNA?

My friend whos supposedly "African" turned out to be 95% european. He had really dark skin too, which goes to tell you looks are deceiving.
                              TelCat> i am a slut not a hoe
                              TelCat> hoes get paid :(
                              TelCat> i dont

Comment

i'll just stick to being human thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                X