Geldof for feeding the hungry but against email

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Geldof for feeding the hungry but against email

Bob is a fantastic representative for world hunger, but when he starts speaking out against email and how it is disruptive to ones daily activities, I gotta wonder how much extra time he must have on his hands.

Rather than reading his emails, perhaps he should be making sandwiches and fed-exing them to Somalia?

At the conference, organised by the innovation firm ?What if! , Bob Geldof said he dreaded seeing lots of e-mails in his inbox, as they imposed an agenda on him, and disrupted his own plans for the day.

A successful businessman as well as social activist, Mr Geldof also warned of the perils of a badly-phrased e-mail, which he said he knows from personal experience can cause serious commercial harm.

"The tone can be wrong", he explained. "An ill-considered e-mail can destroy a deal."
    I love how it is paraphrased that it imposes an agenda on him. My postal mail delivery brings me utility bills every month....what an imposition to me this is!!! These bills distrupt my bank account!

In my business, a contract is never based upon an email or a telephone conversation. A quotation is usually submitted and followed with a written contract/purchase order agreement, of which would then be signed and dated by both parties. I feel so bad for Bob and his email problems.

Makes me wonder how his last benefit was organized contractually.
    May your shit come to life and kiss you on the face.

"The tone can be wrong"

lol this is kinda apt for a certain, ehm "unamed" person on these forums

Anyway i agree with Bob purely becuase i've spent the last fecken week trying to solve an e-mail problem where my hotmail account wasn't sending or recieving e-mails right with my friends so i change to a diffrent e-mail server and now one of my friends doesn't get any, another seems to get them in junk mail and another gets them fine. I am starting to get very frustrated at the whole e-mail thing and have been trying to send my old hotmail account a msg from my new server and it doesn't get through!!, I tried adding to contacts adding mail listing or something and other things to no avail. GO BOB GOOOO !!!!
    In my world,
    I am King

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pressure Drop
      "The tone is always wrong"
      fixed

Comment

and that is why I don't use hotmail.

I get my work roster every week by email, I find it quite useful. Except sometimes, the roster doesn't get sent out, and I have to ring work and ask someone.
        But regular hours means that it doesn't really matter much anymore.

Originally posted by Disliked
        Imagine a world without morals... it would be like the tw community
        +++ Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++

Comment

I agree with Bob as well, but why would he put so much emphasis on email. I find email to be a pain in the ass, yet it works in situations as to where attachments can be sent as well as basic communications. I would think that in his sature, he would have someone checking his email as well as have a spam filter on it.

Email is a pain in the ass, yet at the same time it does work wonders in communication. Would I make my only and major means of communications via email? never! Some things are meant as well as work great using email & other things should be left to hard copied good ol' write it, type it or print it on paper type documents.
          May your shit come to life and kiss you on the face.

Comment

i think its more that when your a man off his stature that everything you say is taken to seriously.

He was on a programme called "grumpy old men" where post-middle aged men whined at stuff and it was funny becuase its kind of true but pointless as nothing was destined to change.
            http://www.bbc.co.uk/comedy/guide/ar...99031010.shtml

he was probably just having a good old grump about e-mail becuase it can be a pain in the ass, but he probably doesn't want it abolished and will use it like the rest of us, just whine about it too
            In my world,
            I am King

sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X