Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Texas holdem

Comment

why not just leave the ppl in East Asia alone?

a check for $3000 instead of a group of colledge kids coming over preaching at them and going home, would improve their lives more.
      In my world,
      I am King

sigpic

Comment

Our youth group is also trying to raise money. We're going to Orlando, Florida for a national youth convention. Some of the things we're doing to raise money:

~Spaghetti dinner - just make a public dinner in the church, just like a real restaurant. The people who are going will be the servers and such. Spaghetti is really easy to make. Just offer different kinds of pasta and sauces. Sell tickets for about $5 each, offer reservations, and have a freewill offering near the door for when they leave.

~30 hour famine - http://www.30hourfamine.org/PortalFlash.asp

~Carnival - Again, sell tickets for about $5 each. If you can get a whole congregation in on this, you'll be surprised at the amount of stuff you can get together to do there. We have members who have a dunk tank ($1 for 3 throws), snowcone maker, cotton candy maker, popcorn maker, and other small games you can play. Set up a volleyball net or something and you're set.

~Bake sale - who doesn't love gluttony?

I don't know the age range or the amount of people involved or anything, but if you need more ideas I'll find out what else we're doing.
        Pandagirl!

(ph)>12 is just right

In the most dangerous game...warping will only prolong your defeat. ?go warpwars -Chao <ER>
        1:Chao <ER>> what the FUCK?
        1:Chao <ER>> I just adverted and no one came
        1:Chao <ER>> at all
        1:Mantra-Slider> chao
        1:Mantra-Slider> you are in the wrong arena
        Panda <ZH>> ?find chao <ER>
        Chao <ER> - hero

Comment

I thought you aren't suppost to keep the money from 30 hour famine.. seeing how its done by World Vision so the money should be going to them...

:P
          duel pasta <ER>> i can lick my asshole

Mattey> put me in corch

zidane> go kf urself pork

Comment

Originally posted by Pandagirl!
            who doesn't love gluttony?
            Jesus.

Proverbs 23:2
            Last edited by ConcreteSchlyrd; 11-21-2005, 09:00 PM.
            Music and medicine, I'm living in a place where they overlap.

Comment

Ok, you analyzed that way too much. Just saying that everyone loves homemade cookies. And anyone who does it needs to be shot. :P

Well for the 30 hour famine thing, our church is doing 50/50 donations I think. Like, we tell them before they donate that half is going to us, half to them.
              Pandagirl!

(ph)>12 is just right

In the most dangerous game...warping will only prolong your defeat. ?go warpwars -Chao <ER>
              Chao <ER> - hero

Comment

Me and My friends used a 30-Hour Famine to raise 300 each to world vision.
                Originally posted by Jeenyuss
                sometimes i thrust my hips so my flaccid dick slaps my stomach, then my taint, then my stomach, then my taint. i like the sound.

Comment

We have many local churches that every year sponsor trips to Alaska to help build 'fellowship' and spread the Word. Funny thing is local churches in Alaska come here to do the same thing.
                  It seems clear to me that the most efficient use of resources would be for everyone to stay home and do the work they need to do locally. But I guess that wouldn’t give them all the free trips that is clearly the real motivation many have. My God can see into the hearts and minds of people and knows why people do the things they do, the devil does indeed sit in the first pew.

(Note, I do not mean to cast any judgments upon the people who have posted in this thread. Their motives may or may not be true, I certainly have no way in knowing that, but God does.)

Comment

Originally posted by Ephemeral
                    the devil does indeed sit in the first pew.
                    I thought she was the preacher's wife, my mistake.
                    People who are rather more than six feet tall and nearly as broad across the shoulders often have uneventful journeys. People jump out at them from behind rocks then say things like, "Oh. Sorry. I thought you were someone else."

Comment

Our youth group is also trying to raise money. We're going to Orlando, Florida for a national youth convention. Some of the things we're doing to raise money:

~Spaghetti dinner - just make a public dinner in the church, just like a real restaurant. The people who are going will be the servers and such. Spaghetti is really easy to make. Just offer different kinds of pasta and sauces. Sell tickets for about $5 each, offer reservations, and have a freewill offering near the door for when they leave.

~30 hour famine - http://www.30hourfamine.org/PortalFlash.asp

~Carnival - Again, sell tickets for about $5 each. If you can get a whole congregation in on this, you'll be surprised at the amount of stuff you can get together to do there. We have members who have a dunk tank ($1 for 3 throws), snowcone maker, cotton candy maker, popcorn maker, and other small games you can play. Set up a volleyball net or something and you're set.

~Bake sale - who doesn't love gluttony?

I don't know the age range or the amount of people involved or anything, but if you need more ideas I'll find out what else we're doing.
                      what are some of the amounts raised?
                      TelCat> i am a slut not a hoe
                      TelCat> hoes get paid :(
                      TelCat> i dont

Comment

I'll have to find out. Over the span of 4 years we raised over $15,000, which is pretty good for a congregation of about 200 people. The dinner and the carnival were huge successes, probably made at least $2,000 at each one. Just buy an ad in the newspaper or something, and you'll be set.
                        Pandagirl!

(ph)>12 is just right

Chao <ER> - hero

Comment

Working...
                        X