No announcement yet.

China is becoming more of a threat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=Liquid Blue] If you want to talk about the reasons for the war, that's cool- but you asked if I knew how it started, and I was taught that this death was what set everything off to war.QUOTE]

I didn't ask how it started, I asked what caused it to happen. There have been more assassinations on politicians in the history of men, but it never ended in a world war.
    You say times are different now because there is nukes now. The more reason not to think like they did back then -and you do now-.
    I think that nukes speak more to my defence, it's less likely that a war will happen if there are nukes.
    The cuba crisis is kind of similair to what happened in the early stages of the first world war, but because of the nukes, noone could affort to let it escalate.
    So you are saying that I should see China as an enemy because they have nukes and you fear them?
    You ate some priest porridge

Comment

Originally posted by Ratty
      Typical americans to think this way. It's like being in elim listening to newbies about how many nukes they have, and how they can destroy the world with it. Nothing is more annoying than arrogant americans who talks about nukes. Any countries who isn't a 3rd world country can launch a nuke to destroy something.
      I like how you quoted the part where I specifically said it wasn't only about America, and asked other people if they thought China was going to go after any other country. I don't see how it's arrogant when I ask you your opinion about which country you think China might go after. I never bragged about how many nukes we have, or tried to say how America can never be defeated, it's like you are going out of your way to make random assumptions, like you want me to be an asshole to you, just to justify the arrogant american stereotype.

Originally posted by Zerzera
      I didn't ask how it started, I asked what caused it to happen.
      I wonder if you ever heard about the first world war and how it started.
      Post #51 if you are still having trouble remembering. I guess you wanted me to assume you meant the reasons behind the whole war though, and not how it started. I won't take you literally next time and just assume you mean something else.

There have been more assassinations on politicians in the history of men, but it never ended in a world war.
      Originally posted by Liquid Blue
      If you want to talk about the reasons for the war, that's cool- but you asked if I knew how it started, and I was taught that this death was what set everything off to war.
      I think that nukes speak more to my defence, it's less likely that a war will happen if there are nukes.
      The cuba crisis is kind of similair to what happened in the early stages of the first world war, but because of the nukes, noone could affort to let it escalate.
      So you are saying that I should see China as an enemy because they have nukes and you fear them?
      I didn't know you were in defense of anything, but I understand what you're talking about when you sya there is less likelyhood of a war if there are nukes.

Thank you for talking about the cuban missle crisis, this is the type of thing I was trying to get more people to talk about, a situation that has nukes involved.

I never said you should see China as an enemy, from the beginning I was asking everyone if they thought China was a threat, not only to America, but countries all over the world. I don't fear them, and I don't see what's with you and Ratty constantly trying to look for some hidden agenda in this post- it's an opinion topic, I'm not trying to look for self-validation or reassurance through this discussion. America doesn't automatically equal arrogance, this like many of my other topics is to help inform myself further and anyone else on this forum.
      My father in law was telling me over Thanksgiving about this amazing bartender at some bar he frequented who could shake a martini and fill it to the rim with no leftovers and he thought it was the coolest thing he'd ever seen. I then proceeded to his home bar and made four martinis in one shaker with unfamiliar glassware and a non standard shaker and did the same thing. From that moment forward I knew he had no compunction about my cock ever being in his daughter's mouth.

Comment

From WordNet (r) 2.0 :

threat
        n 1: something that is a source of danger; "earthquakes are a
        constant threat in Japan" [syn: menace]
        2: a warning that something unpleasant is imminent; "they were
        under threat of arrest"
        3: declaration of an intention or a determination to inflict
        harm on another; "his threat to kill me was quite
        explicit"
        4: a person who inspires fear or dread; "he was the terror of
        the neighborhood" [syn: terror, scourge]

Don´t use the word threat then you moron. Maybe you should have called them a contender for the title of ´most aggressive country in the world.
        You call them a threat, you don´t ASK what we think.

Comment

It was a very "Americanesque" type of question though. You may have phrased the question for how it would apply to countries besides the U.S., but the question itself was conceived in a very American perspective. If you look back at your initial post, it was very much about America, though you tried not to make it so; the question seemed to be along the lines of what people from other countries think about China as a threat if the U.S. isn't able to stop it. That's a very American way of phrasing the question you were trying to ask.

From an American perspective, your initial reaction is China as a potential military threat, but my perspective, which may or may not be a typical Canadian view, is that it's just another step in China's continuing progress to becoming a power on par with the States.

Comment

Post #51 if you are still having trouble remembering. I guess you wanted me to assume you meant the reasons behind the whole war though, and not how it started. I won't take you literally next time and just assume you mean something else.
            No, I am sorry. English is not my native language, and I first stated my questions differently, but because of the poor grammar I changed it.
            I thought the rest of the post would make it clear enough, I stated that the real cause of the war was the paranoia of some European countries like France and Germany. But really, I prefer not to talk to people like you, calling other countries a threat just because they build up an army too. Maybe you should just attack them to sort things out, instead of talking this sort of crap on online gaming forums.

I'm sure you all know that the addition of nuclear capabilities has boosted China into an even bigger threat then before..but now countries close to it are saying that the US could not win a war with them.
            a bigger threat, you don´t ask us if we think they are a threat, you call them a threat, and even a bigger threat than before. Why are they a threat again.
            I see, they attacked alot more countries in the last century than America did.
            Last edited by Zerzera; 11-26-2005, 11:45 PM.

Comment

Typical americans to think this way. It's like being in elim listening to newbies about how many nukes they have, and how they can destroy the world with it. Nothing is more annoying than arrogant americans who talks about nukes. Any countries who isn't a 3rd world country can launch a nuke to destroy something.
              With the small exception of New Zealand... our nuclear free policy, you see. We'll just hide behind Australia *Brings out Aussie riot sheild*
              I stated that the real cause of the war was the paranoia of some European countries like France and Germany.
              From what I recall, paranoia, misunderstanding, build up of hatred and long standing grievances, etc. the assassination was nothing but a trigger, an excuse, if you will (Much like the events of 911 were a trigger or excuse for the war on terrorism)
              Saying there is any single cause is silly, as nothing is quite as simple as you'd like to believe.
              It reminds me of a science joke.
              A cow is sick. The farmer calls in a biologist, a chemist, and a physicist. The biologist takes a look, looks up some reference books, then tells the farmer that the cow is having intestinal troubles. The chemist has a look at the symptoms, etc., mixes up a chemical cocktail to cure the cow.
              The physicist ponders the cow, makes measurements, does some calculations, and then comes up to the farmer and says
              "First, let us consider a spherical cow in a vaccuum..."

Hmm, maybe you have to do physics to get it...

Originally posted by Disliked
              Imagine a world without morals... it would be like the tw community
              +++ Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++

Comment

Don´t use the word threat then you moron. Maybe you should have called them a contender for the title of ´most aggressive country in the world.
                You call them a threat, you don´t ASK what we think.
                My my you sure are getting hot under the collar about this, aren't you? Slinging names around like no tomorrow. I use what words I want to, and if you disagree then that's perfectly fine. I know they aren't the most agressive country in the world, and never said they are- like TK said, I did call them a threat but then I asked you what countries they might go after. True, I didn't ask you if you thought they were a threat, and that was a mistake on my part, but I don't see how you're getting so hyped up over it, it's not hard to simply say you don't see them as a threat to begin with from the very beginning instead of going through this long, drawn-out deal about world war 1 and how or why it was caused.

Originally posted by TK
                It was a very "Americanesque" type of question though. You may have phrased the question for how it would apply to countries besides the U.S., but the question itself was conceived in a very American perspective. If you look back at your initial post, it was very much about America, though you tried not to make it so; the question seemed to be along the lines of what people from other countries think about China as a threat if the U.S. isn't able to stop it. That's a very American way of phrasing the question you were trying to ask.
                Really? That's interesting, I didn't think of it that way when I first made the OP. That's a different way of looking at it and I guess it did seem that way after looking back. Good to know, I'll work on that in the future.

From an American perspective, your initial reaction is China as a potential military threat, but my perspective, which may or may not be a typical Canadian view, is that it's just another step in China's continuing progress to becoming a power on par with the States.
                Understandable, I don't see how it was hard for Z to simply say the same thing you just said.

No, I am sorry. English is not my native language, and I first stated my questions differently, but because of the poor grammar I changed it.
                Yea, it's no problem.

But really, I prefer not to talk to people like you, calling other countries a threat just because they build up an army too. Maybe you should just attack them to sort things out, instead of talking this sort of crap on online gaming forums.
                That too is no problem, but to clarify, I didn't call china a threat because they were building an army (they already had one built, but I don't know if you meant that and it's just an english wording thing for you again). I was talking about nukes and how they boosted the amount of danger they could present, when coupled with their vast army. After reading TK's post and looking back though (along with the other posts, I'm not forgetting you guys on page 1), I realize that it wasn't a good idea to automatically assume them as a bigger threat then before, or even a threat to begin with. If you want to go the immature route by calling people that you disagree with names and make cheapshot allusions to America attacking things, I'm fine with you wanting to "talk to other people". Makes things easier for both of us.
                My father in law was telling me over Thanksgiving about this amazing bartender at some bar he frequented who could shake a martini and fill it to the rim with no leftovers and he thought it was the coolest thing he'd ever seen. I then proceeded to his home bar and made four martinis in one shaker with unfamiliar glassware and a non standard shaker and did the same thing. From that moment forward I knew he had no compunction about my cock ever being in his daughter's mouth.

Comment

Maybe it's a bit naive to think like this, but nobody wins a war.
                  6:megaman89> im 3 league veteran back off

Originally posted by Dreamwin
                  3 league vet

Comment

Well. TECHNICALLY the side that obliterates the other side wins, but I agree with your line of thought. Plus if you throw nuke's into the pot, you get an ending where everyone loses.
                    I really do like pie

Aos> im a freelance Gynecologist

GHB>I AM ANGRY ON THE INTERNETf

Matchbot1> You can't challenge your own squad, silly :P

Comment

Yeah, the 'winners' are the survivors.
                      Also, I note that in the OP the tokyo governer says that China will not hesitate to use nukes on american or asian cities.
                      Now he's a governer, not a military strategist, and politicians have a way of mincing their words and boldy stating their opinion. Thats what I think this is, just his opinion. Chinese generals surely know that nuclear war is not in their peoples best interests, and I think this tokyo governer is out of line in saying this (Or fear mongering...)

Originally posted by Disliked
                      Imagine a world without morals... it would be like the tw community
                      +++ Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++

Comment

Dear Canada,

We hereby request the prompt and immediate delivery of:

1 "Nickname"
                        1 "Epinephrine"
                        1 "Troll King"

Once we receive these parcels, we will have no further qualms with you and will promptly ask you to shut the hell up forever because you'll have nobody else left worth saying anything of value.

Sincerely,
                        The United States of America
                        5:royst> i was junior athlete of the year in my school! then i got a girlfriend
                        5:the_paul> calculus is not a girlfriend
                        5:royst> i wish it was calculus

1:royst> did you all gangbang my gf or something

1:fermata> why dont you get money fuck bitches instead

Comment

Originally posted by Fit of Rage
                          Dear Canada,

We hereby request the prompt and immediate delivery of:

1 "Nickname"
                          1 "Epinephrine"
                          1 "Troll King"

Once we receive these parcels, we will have no further qualms with you and will promptly ask you to shut the hell up forever because you'll have nobody else left worth saying anything of value.

Sincerely,
                          The United States of America

cut me deep
                          I really do like pie

Aos> im a freelance Gynecologist

GHB>I AM ANGRY ON THE INTERNETf

Matchbot1> You can't challenge your own squad, silly :P

Comment

Working...
                          X