25 Years Ago Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 25 Years Ago Today

The passing of one of the most influencial people to grace this earth - John Lennon. Twenty Five years ago, he was shot twice in the back, outside his home by a "fan" that asked him for his autograph. He was a great man, that touched nearly everyone in this world, and will be forever immortalized in his music, words, and aid. What did he mean to you, what do you remember of John Lennon and the Beatles?
    Last edited by Capital Knockers; 12-08-2005, 12:20 PM.
    7:Knockers> how'd you do it Paul?
    7:Knockers> sex? money? power?
    7:PaulOakenfold> *puts on sunglasses* *flies away*

1:vys> I EVEN TOLD MY MUM I WON A PIZZA

7:Knockers> the suns not yellow, its chicken
    7:Salu> that's drug addict talk if i ever saw it

1:chuckle> im tired of seeing people get killed and other people just watching simply saying "MURDER. RACISM. BAD"
    1:chuckle> ive watched the video twice now

His song Imagine was badass. A shame his life had to end the way it did.
    My father in law was telling me over Thanksgiving about this amazing bartender at some bar he frequented who could shake a martini and fill it to the rim with no leftovers and he thought it was the coolest thing he'd ever seen. I then proceeded to his home bar and made four martinis in one shaker with unfamiliar glassware and a non standard shaker and did the same thing. From that moment forward I knew he had no compunction about my cock ever being in his daughter's mouth.

Comment

My lecturer hates him so I walked into the room with my friend talkig as loudly as I could about the anniversary of his death. My lecturer also said today "... and the guy in the office was no help at all, he was a bit of a bummer"
      Last edited by ZeUs!!; 12-08-2005, 11:17 AM.
      Originally posted by Facetious
      edit: (Money just PMed me his address so I can go to Houston and fight him)

Comment

As someone who grew up in the 60's and early 70's, the Beatles were somewhat influential in my life. I have always appreciated the fact that no one has since made an impact on rock and roll like they did. Their Revolver album, and Taxman song, changed forever the way albums were recorded in studios and opened the innovation door for all the artists that have come along since then.

Comment

took that photo myself...
          Last edited by DUMBRIT!; 12-08-2005, 12:45 PM.
          A drunken mans words are a sober mans thoughts

LIGHT4CHAMPS

Comment

BBC (if I am correct) is airing a highly questionable interview with his killer today, of wich the John Lennon Family disaproves.

He made great songs, Imagine rocks.
            Maybe God was the first suicide bomber and the Big Bang was his moment of Glory.

Comment

This is interesting listening. It's an interview he did with rolling stone in 1970 looking back at his time with the beatles.

The Wenner Tapes - John Lennon

Comment

The Wenner Tapes are interesting, and I totally respect his arrogance, he was a genius. Working Class Hero is one of my favourite songs ever, and he and the Beatles have had a massive influence on the whole music industry.
                1:LMAO> lets do everything dirty
                1:LMAO> hack
                1:LMAO> i will back u up
                1:LMAO> whatever it takes to win

Comment

sad the way he died but i dont really like the beatles

Comment

You are hereby exiled from Britain for being unpatriotic.

I was going to make a thread about this myself. Looks as though I've been rumbled.
                    5:royst> i was junior athlete of the year in my school! then i got a girlfriend
                    5:the_paul> calculus is not a girlfriend
                    5:royst> i wish it was calculus

1:royst> did you all gangbang my gf or something

1:fermata> why dont you get money fuck bitches instead

Comment

When is Chapman suppost to get out?
                      that would be an intresting day
                      duel pasta <ER>> i can lick my asshole

Mattey> put me in corch

zidane> go kf urself pork

Comment

My father would listen to the beatles quite often while I was growing up, so I was infected too.

I love the song 'Imagine', it touches me.

Comment

Working Class Hero is an amazing song.
                          7:Knockers> how'd you do it Paul?
                          7:Knockers> sex? money? power?
                          7:PaulOakenfold> *puts on sunglasses* *flies away*

1:vys> I EVEN TOLD MY MUM I WON A PIZZA

7:Knockers> the suns not yellow, its chicken
                          7:Salu> that's drug addict talk if i ever saw it

1:chuckle> im tired of seeing people get killed and other people just watching simply saying "MURDER. RACISM. BAD"
                          1:chuckle> ive watched the video twice now

Comment

Originally posted by Capital Knockers
                            Twenty Five years ago, he was shot twice in the back, outside his home by a "fan" that asked him for his autograph.

Didn't have time to read the thread, just wanted to comment that I always thought he got shot 4 times? Or am I just plain wrong?
                            Originally Posted by HeavenSent
                            You won't have to wait another 4 years.
                            There wont be another election for president.
                            Obama is the Omega President.
                            http://wegotstoned.blogspot.com/

Comment

To be honest, this was about the best thing that could have happened to John Lennon. This is event is responsible for John Lennon's Legend state and for the vast attention for what John Lennon stood for. John Lennon wouldn't be John Lennon if he were alive right now.

Now of course, I don't agree with this event, it shouldn't have happened. He could have done alot of great stuff. But for him and what he stood for to be as big as it is right now, it's all because he did get shot. Same with Kennedy really, it's very doubtfull Kennedy would ever have been so big if he just served his term etc.
                              Maybe God was the first suicide bomber and the Big Bang was his moment of Glory.

Comment

Working...
                              X