Something you think other people should know, But assume they don't

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A few simple facts that you may find useful later in life:

1. Capital gains are taxed at a lower rate than dividends, which in turn are taxed at a lower rate than interest income.

2. Don't always believe polls that state "accurate to within 1%, 19 times out of 20" because without doing the proper tests, you can use stats to prove almost anything.

3. Communism doesn't = evil and democracy doesn't = good.

and I'll end it with...

4. All Canadians do not live in igloos or have polar bears as pets.

Comment

Communism = Failure though.

Trust.
      Originally posted by Jeenyuss
      sometimes i thrust my hips so my flaccid dick slaps my stomach, then my taint, then my stomach, then my taint. i like the sound.

Comment

Originally posted by DoTheFandango
        Communism = Failure though.

Trust.
        Pure communism yes, but then again a pure democracy would be a failure to. No country in the history of mankind has been either purely communist or purely democratic.

Comment

I know, I didn't argue for pure democracy.

People are fucking retarded. (This is a comment about Democracy).
          sometimes i thrust my hips so my flaccid dick slaps my stomach, then my taint, then my stomach, then my taint. i like the sound.

Comment

Despite popular belief, the atom wasn't split first in the atom bomb. It was first split by Ernest Rutherford, when he fired alpha radiation (Helium Nuclei) at Nitrogen, causing a reaction forming Oxygen and Hydrogen gas.
            This was like, in 1907.

Originally posted by Disliked
            Imagine a world without morals... it would be like the tw community
            +++ Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++

Comment

I find it extremely irritating when people in cars, especially taxi drivers, honk their horns when they are waiting outside a place. Even a "polite" little toot. It gets on my last nerve.
              Will Thom Yorke ever cheer up? - ZeUs!!!

Comment

The habs have won more stanley cups than any other Hockey team.
                7:Randedl> afk, putting on makeup
                1:Rough> is radiation an element?
                8:Rasta> i see fro as bein one of those guys on campus singing to girls tryin to get in their pants $ ez
                Broly> your voice is like a instant orgasm froe
                Piston> I own in belim
                6: P H> i fucked a dude in the ass once

Comment

Today I again found out that life is fucking exspensive, and then I am lucky enough to live in a country in wich you'll always get money from the goverment when you unemployed and were everyone is insured.

I am in the process of buying an apartment, wich is gonna cost about 160 000 Euro, when I buy it, it's gonna cost me another 10 to 15 thousand euro for Taxes, real estate broker, stuff you have to pay to the city, stuff you have to pay to make the house yours, etc. Wich means I'll need a morgage (sp?) of about 75.000 seeing as I am paying 100.000 euro's out of my own pocket. Then when you think about everything I have to pay each month for insurance, water/elec./gas, interest on my morgage, money for the owners association of the building, etc. It will cost me about 600 euro's (roughly) a month to live there. Then considering for stuff that has to be done from time to time, maintance. The food you gotta buy, clothles, etc. And then I am lucky enough to have no income cept my student financing wich means I'll be getting money from the taxes instead of having to pay antyhing. I mean, life is fucking exspensive.
                  Maybe God was the first suicide bomber and the Big Bang was his moment of Glory.

Comment

Have they ever found out who the Tiennenman Square man was?
                    haha, yeah, he's apparently a regular socialite now. my friend did catering for a while and catered some party he was at.
                    5:gen> man
                    5:gen> i didn't know shade's child fucked bluednady

Comment

Originally posted by Eric is God
                      Pure communism yes, but then again a pure democracy would be a failure to. No country in the history of mankind has been either purely communist or purely democratic.
                      Actually, pure forms of both would be quite the opposite ( and what they <i> ideally </i> sought ) -- a political paradise. Communism would have each individual with an exact amount of supplement to spur him through his life. Democracy would allow for equal governing among people while allowing for an ultimately lax method of hierarchial progression.

Adam Smith's view on democracy is more similar to communism than today's democracy. He would probably be aghast at the consumer and economical powers that reign in America.

Comment

You know who had a good government?

Comment

You know who had a good government?

You know who HAS an even better government?

Comment

Originally posted by froedrick
                            The habs have won more stanley cups than any other Hockey team.

Habs are the best. Go canadians! :fear:

Sorry dont have anything interesting you guys would want to hear.

Comment

1:ZeUs!!> my mobile phone is in my pocket and every 10 minutes or so I can hear the signal through the speakers of my computer, and my phone's set to vibrate so every time I hear the signal I'm expecting my phone to vibrate iand I'm getting more and more
                              1:YoMama!!!> hmm what else can u check
                              1:YoMama!!!> oh oh
                              1:YoMama!!!> u got LONDONDRUGS.com there?
                              1:ZeUs!!> tense so when it does go off its going ot frighten the life out of me
                              Originally posted by Facetious
                              edit: (Money just PMed me his address so I can go to Houston and fight him)

Comment

-in the battle of stalingrad, the nazi commander Marshall Paulus was promoted to Field Marshall when he was losing the battle.

Hitler promoted him because in the history of the third reich a field marshall had never surrendered. Hitler didn't want Paulus to surrender, he wanted him to die gloriously.

Paulus decided to surrender being the first field marshall to ever surrender

-Origin of the term "Catch-22".

A no-win dilemma or paradox, similar to damned if I do, damned if I don't. For example, You can't get a job without experience, but you can't get experience unless you have a job. The term gained currency as the title of a 1961 war novel by Joseph Heller, who referred to an Air Force rule whereby a pilot continuing to fly combat missions without asking for relief is regarded as insane, but is considered sane enough to continue flying if he does make such a request.
                                Source: The American Heritage® Dictionary of Idioms by Christine Ammer

There was only one catch and that was Catch-22, that specified that a concern for one's own safety in the face of dangers that were real and immediate was the process of a rational mind. Orr was crazy and could be grounded. All he had to do was ask; and as soon as he did, he would no longer be crazy and would have to fly more missions. Orr would be crazy to fly more missions and sane if he didn't, but if he was sane, he had to fly them. Yossarian was moved very deeply by the absolute simplicity of the clause of Catch-22 and let out a respectful whistle.

"That's some catch, that Catch-22," he observed.

"It's the best there is," Doc Daneeka replied.
                                http://www.generationterrorists.com/...catch-22.shtml

-Malaria is caused by a parasite of the Plasmodium genus, which is transmitted by the female Anopholes mosquito. Once injected into a human host, it invades the liver and then spreads to the red blood cells.
                                countries in Africa account for 90% of malaria cases worldwide, with another 6% of cases coming from South America and southern Asia.

Malaria accounts for up to 500 million acute clinical cases and up to 3 million deaths annually.
                                Malaria causes more deaths annually than AIDS has in 15 years.
                                Malaria kills 20 times more people each day than died in the 1995 Ebola outbreak.

http://www.bio.davidson.edu/Courses/...d/malaria.html
                                My father in law was telling me over Thanksgiving about this amazing bartender at some bar he frequented who could shake a martini and fill it to the rim with no leftovers and he thought it was the coolest thing he'd ever seen. I then proceeded to his home bar and made four martinis in one shaker with unfamiliar glassware and a non standard shaker and did the same thing. From that moment forward I knew he had no compunction about my cock ever being in his daughter's mouth.

Comment

Working...
                                X