No announcement yet.

Something you think other people should know, But assume they don't

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Though they may look longer due to the width of the columns, paragraphs in most newspaper articles are usually just one sentence long.

Comment

Motherboard fans can be really noisy. This stupid 40mm fan is the source of 70% of my noise output. Gonna get a fanless heatsink for it.

Comment

Cumstains on your bedsheets can be washed away with a mixture of detergent and eggwhite
        :wub: GammaHydroxyButyrate :wub:

Comment

Most cars will use gas exponentially as much when you press hard on the pedal. This means that if you 'step on it' you're wasting a lot of gas for incremental gain compared to pressing lightly on the pedal to accelerate.

Since most city driving is stop and go anyway, it's best to accelerate at around 2000-2500 RPM, and then if you see a red light or traffic bundle off in the distance, to just let your car cruise to a stop, breaking at the last possible moment (instead of accelerating until you're close enough and breaking hard as most drivers seem to do). If you're going into a valley, let your car cruise downhill, and use that momentum to get up the hill (don't break going downhill to conserve speed, and conserve gas so you don't have to use as much when going back uphill). Make sure you keep accelerations on an uphill to a minimum if possible. If you are approaching a stop uphill, instead of keeping your foot on the pedal until you get there, a lot of the time you can use the hill to slow down or almost stop your car if you time it correctly without too much of a time penalty.

Using these simple driving tips can increase the mileage of your car by 20-30%.
          Epinephrine's History of Trench Wars:
          www.geocities.com/epinephrine.rm

My anime blog:
          www.animeslice.com

Comment

Pencils do not use lead.

Comment

Originally posted by Epinephrine
              Most cars will use gas exponentially as much when you press hard on the pedal. This means that if you 'step on it' you're wasting a lot of gas for incremental gain compared to pressing lightly on the pedal to accelerate.

Since most city driving is stop and go anyway, it's best to accelerate at around 2000-2500 RPM, and then if you see a red light or traffic bundle off in the distance, to just let your car cruise to a stop, breaking at the last possible moment (instead of accelerating until you're close enough and breaking hard as most drivers seem to do). If you're going into a valley, let your car cruise downhill, and use that momentum to get up the hill (don't break going downhill to conserve speed, and conserve gas so you don't have to use as much when going back uphill). Make sure you keep accelerations on an uphill to a minimum if possible. If you are approaching a stop uphill, instead of keeping your foot on the pedal until you get there, a lot of the time you can use the hill to slow down or almost stop your car if you time it correctly without too much of a time penalty.

Using these simple driving tips can increase the mileage of your car by 20-30%.
              SUV drivers are fools.

Coincidentally, I drive an SUV. I keep my RPMs, however, in the 1.5-2 region (x100) when I drive as the car shifts because it shifts uber early.

I learned to get better mileage out of necessity as well as desire. When Premium hit about 3.00 USD, I was sort of forced to drive conservatively (not that I never have though).

I have one correction/suggestion to make to your list. If you're moving too quickly and the light just turned red, you can start to break a little so that you're cruising at a lower speed and keep more of your momentum because you give the light ample time to change. I can avoid a few more stops this way, but sometimes I'm just cruising at 10-15 mph when I hit the accelerator again. Also, if you have an automatic, you can manipulate the car to shift early if you "play" with the gas pedal enough to figure it out.
              boo...:eek:

Comment

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                Last edited by Send; 04-23-2015, 12:55 AM.

Comment

The guy in the NBA logo is a silhouette of Jerry West.

Comment

Working...
                  X