Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Galleleo
    Polo is part of Ralph Lauren.
    Last edited by ZeUs!!; 01-28-2006, 03:44 PM.
    Originally posted by Facetious
    edit: (Money just PMed me his address so I can go to Houston and fight him)

Comment

yeah i know i wasnt saying you were wrong i was just verifying thats what i meant galleleo
      5:gen> man
      5:gen> i didn't know shade's child fucked bluednady

Comment

I'm not in a frat or anything but I wear Polo shirts nearly everyday (not name-brand Polo, just collared - most from Target). I quit dressing like a punk-rock-emo-skater-stereotype when I graduated 9th grade because I realized not only does that never get you girls (except punk rock girls which I'm not generally into) but you get next to zero respect from anyone but your fellow rebels because of how stupid you dress, look, and, generalizing again here, act.

Comment

1) Origins of peer presure? Well i guess you can say it is the direct result of your needs of acceptance... but what makes some of the persons have it more then the others. Well i think it all has to do with what motivates you, see acording to Maslow that studied the motivation teory there are like priorities in what motivates us. The first priority is physiological needs, like having food to eat, the most basic mean for sustenance, second, comes safety having shelter and some sense of security either physical and emotional, after those two priorities come higher order needs, third, social affection the need for belonguingness and acceptance, fourth, esteem, internal factors like self respect, autonomy and attention take place here, fifth and last, self actualisation, this last one is the highest in the hierarchy and consist of having needs of self actualization and achieving one's potential, something akin to being the president of a huge corporation or something similar... so what does all of this brings, well, in today's days first and second needs are almost taken for granted by most of us so we step up to the third... we devout our time trying to satisfy our need for attention and acceptance, only after having those type of needs do we care for our autonomy or self respect "not in a strick sense" wich makes of the people heavilly dependent on human interaction, making part of society and being accepted by it. I think the apes example does not quite emerge the point since in today's days it's not just the beta thar learns something and your perception of "a role model" is constantly changing since there is always a constant flow of information arriving at you and you are always meeting new people, i think today it is more of a general sense of "role" and it always works both ways (both supposed alpha and beta enrich with th experience and interaction).

2) Selfish. Oh well stress takes a big part on those examples to...
          Anyway the competitiveness has always been a part of life and being selfish is your response to that. You are always in competition with someone about something, even if that someone is not materialized by a person... so being selfish results when you realise someone has achieved what you still haven't, that coupled by todays heavilly intense competitive environment the kind of "survival of the fittest" only fuels it even further.

3) Well! about te first example i think it's a problem with male blood presure... in those moments they stop having blood circulating in their head in order for it to flow elsewhere... :grin: hehe but that joke is not far from truth from what i notice!!
          A kiss is a rosy dot over the 'i' of loving.

Cyrano de Bergerac

Comment

Ok face, forget I said it then ^-^
            Maybe God was the first suicide bomber and the Big Bang was his moment of Glory.

Comment

Originally posted by genocidal
              I'm not in a frat or anything but I wear Polo shirts nearly everyday (not name-brand Polo, just collared - most from Target). I quit dressing like a punk-rock-emo-skater-stereotype when I graduated 9th grade because I realized not only does that never get you girls (except punk rock girls which I'm not generally into) but you get next to zero respect from anyone but your fellow rebels because of how stupid you dress, look, and, generalizing again here, act.
              That really works both ways, though.
              PLEASE, DON'T BE MISGUIDED...YA BITIN'. AND I'MA HAVE TA DIS YA, UNDERSTAND MISTA?

Comment

Yeah, but those stereotype people rarely have opinions that matter. I don't pre-judge a person based on their looks, but I do judge their looks. I mean, I have plenty of emo-looking and hippie-looking friends and that's cool if that's what they're into. They don't judge me based on how I look and I don't them.

Or maybe I'm just a conformist asshole. I fight the man in my own ways.

Comment

Working...
                X