• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• manslaughter? i'm confused :(

ok here is the jist of it

3 girls attacked a girl
    girl has unknowen heart condition and dies

3 girls charged with manslaughter becuase they didn't intend to kill her and yet it was their attack that cuased her to die

3 girls have a successful appeal, get it overturned and now just got a charge for affray.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/w...re/4649898.stm

to me mansluaghter is killing someone by accident and that is surely what this is

Originally posted by Appeal Judge
    "No doubt, but for the affray, Aimee would not have died when she did," he said.

"But this is not sufficient to make them guilty of manslaughter.
    ???

stupid law
    In my world,
    I am King

sigpic

I found out long ago that the whole law system generally sucks.
    Maybe God was the first suicide bomber and the Big Bang was his moment of Glory.

Comment

Why is manslaughter a stupid law? I believe the jist of it is if you do something irresponsible where you didn't intend to kill anyone, but you did anyway it's manslaughter. So if you run over an old lady with your car cause you were streetracing... that's manslaughter. You still commited a crime (it wasn't an accident) but you didn't exactly plan to murder the lady.
      Epinephrine's History of Trench Wars:
      www.geocities.com/epinephrine.rm

My anime blog:
      www.animeslice.com

Comment

Originally posted by Epinephrine
        Why is manslaughter a stupid law? I believe the jist of it is if you do something irresponsible where you didn't intend to kill anyone, but you did anyway it's manslaughter. So if you run over an old lady with your car cause you were streetracing... that's manslaughter. You still commited a crime (it wasn't an accident) but you didn't exactly plan to murder the lady.
        if attacking someone and them dying of a heart attack isn't manslaughter its a silly law
        In my world,
        I am King

sigpic

Comment

I agree with you Epi, but if the original intent was to "attack someone," I think manslaughter is applicable. It's not like they were knitting her a scarf and she keeled over from excitement--they were meaning to harm her, they just ended up harming her more than they intended. That's manslaughter and they should be charged as such.
          Music and medicine, I'm living in a place where they overlap.

Comment

Children get away with murder nowadays, literally.

Comment

Bah, semantics.
              What sort of charge did they get? Jail time/fine/community service?

Originally posted by Disliked
              Imagine a world without morals... it would be like the tw community
              +++ Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++

Comment

Manslaughter involves no pre-meditation or intent to kill, but whoever you attack dies. I think. It's in one of my mother's law books, I'm sure.

Edit: Ask Sam Waterson, damnit.

Comment

Originally posted by Theif of Time
                  Bah, semantics.
                  What sort of charge did they get? Jail time/fine/community service?

Claire Carey, 18, and two girls aged 15 and 17, who cannot be named, had each been sentenced to two years.

Carey will serve two years in custody, while the 17-year-old had the length of her detention and training order reduced from 18 months to 12 months.
                  The 15-year-old, who is pregnant and was released on bail earlier this month, was given a three-year-supervision order due to the "exceptional circumstances" of her situation.
                  i know they didn't mean to kill her but you shouldn't be bullying ppl anyway.
                  In my world,
                  I am King

sigpic

Comment

In general I think that if you're attacking someone, be prepared for death. Thats how fighting originated: People trying to kill each other.

As such, I will never attack another unless in self defence. (with the exception of sparring and mock fights)

Originally posted by Disliked
                    Imagine a world without morals... it would be like the tw community
                    +++ Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++

Comment

when i first saw this thread i intended on posting

"You cant spell Manslaughter without Laughter"

But now i feel like a jerk...
                      Big Chill

Comment

The 15-year-old, who is pregnant and was released on bail earlier this month, was given a three-year-supervision order due to the "exceptional circumstances" of her situation.
                        whore
                        duel pasta <ER>> i can lick my asshole

Mattey> put me in corch

zidane> go kf urself pork

Comment

Working...
                        X