Alaskan girl wins state H.S. wrestling title over boys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alaskan girl wins state H.S. wrestling title over boys

ANCHORAGE, Alaska (AP) -- Michaela Hutchison became the first girl in the nation to win a state high school wrestling title while competing against boys.

Hutchison won the final of the 103-pound weight class during Alaska's big school wrestling championships. The Skyview High sophomore entered the state tournament ranked No. 1 in her weight class.

Amid chants of "C'mon Michaela" and "Girl Power," Hutchison earned a 1-0 victory Saturday over Colony High School's Aaron Boss.

When asked what she intended to do now that she had won the title, Michaela replied, "I think it's time to come out of the closet and change my name to Mike as well as my gender".

Michaela's coach replied to this comment saying, "That girl has balls!"
    May your shit come to life and kiss you on the face.

Good for her... that's very small weight division though.... and by small, i mean those people are tiny in general.

Comment

I agree...was always amsuing for me to watch my kids team wrestle and watch the 100lb & under weight class. My kid wrestled at 140-145. Thank god he stopped and took up Mens Lacrosse.

Most wrestling coaches always want the kids to maintain or lose an extreme amount of weight when they themselves usually have no background in nutrition. Throwing up, laxitives and spitting where the favorite ways to have the kids lose the weight. Of course this will actually f'up the kid in the end either making him a lard ass or bulemic.
      May your shit come to life and kiss you on the face.

Comment

Yea, the 103 division doesn't exactly contain the manliest of men.....But good job anyways.

Sucks for the guy that got his name in the paper, only because he got beat by her.
        Originally posted by Tone
        Women who smoke cigarettes are sexy, not repulsive. It depends on the number smoked. less is better

Comment

I don't get it, she's a lesbian?
          Originally posted by turmio
          jeenyuss seemingly without reason if he didn't have clean flours in his bag.
          Originally posted by grand
          I've been afk eating an apple and watching the late night news...

Comment

Well, it was to happen.. not surprising being that it happened in a state of a population of 1.2 people... :fear:

Comment

Working...
            X