No announcement yet.

The difference between American and European Chicks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Even the people that work their butts of need some talent for the sport. Maybe the talent is not in skills in the game, technique, but more in your game-iq, how good you can read a game, know where to be etc.

I mean, I am pretty good at golf, and granted, I don't train 9 hours a day, but even if I would train 9 hours a day, I would be nowhere near good enough to actually compete with the pro's. You have people like Tiger with natural born skill, he has it all.. then Mickelson has that talent but needs to work harder to maintain his level. But to be top in a topsport, hockey, football, a-football, whatever, the hardworkers have some talent too.

And that's where I think curling sets itself aside from those kind of sport, because I THINK that you can compete in curling by just learning the tactics and getting the feeling.
    Maybe God was the first suicide bomber and the Big Bang was his moment of Glory.

Comment

That's the key though: you "THINK". But do you honestly consider yourself enough of an expert that you can define how much natural skill was involved?

Comment

here's a real life example.

about a month ago a friend of mine and myself decided to take up pool (billiards). When we started we weren't that bad just about equal, but we were not too great.
        In the month since we started our skill has increased 10 fold and we're getting pretty good, however i've been practicing 4 or 5 times a week as he's only been practicing 2-3 time a week. And i'm consistantly beating him. So we weren't born with our talent, but we've been working on it to get our skill up. And i've worked harder so i'm better.

And pool is not really a sport.
        There once was a man from Nantucket.

Comment

Originally posted by Mantra-Slider
          why isnt this moved to the sport forum when mine was?
          Because you made a thread about sport not in the sport forum, not a thread about The difference between American and European Chicks which has deviated the last few posts not in the sport forum
          Originally posted by Facetious
          edit: (Money just PMed me his address so I can go to Houston and fight him)

Comment

Originally posted by Galleleo
            And that's where I think curling sets itself aside from those kind of sport, because I THINK that you can compete in curling by just learning the tactics and getting the feeling.
            i cant name ANY activity that doesnt have some element of natural ability. i would guess that you would fare signficantly better in olympic curling by just learning the rules and practicing than, say, olympic basketball, but the people in the olympics for curling are still the best in the world at their sport/game/activity/whatever you want to call it due to some amount of natural talent, i dont really understand how you can dispute that.
            5:gen> man
            5:gen> i didn't know shade's child fucked bluednady

Comment

Originally posted by Troll King
              You obviously have never curled before, Dabram. There's a lot of skill and physical effort put in to the sweeping for one thing. Unlike darts or bowls where the effort stops when you let go, you need to have good sweeping to get your shots to go where you want with the right weight. You also have to be ready to sweep at your opponent's stone if you want to use its momentum against it when it passes the button.

In this way, curling requires more physical effort than say, archery which is an Olympic sport.
              i heard somewhere that the sweeping was pointless and that the differences it made in the velocity were hardly detectable. is that not true? just curious.
              There exists a fine line between hard partying and destitution.

Comment

Sweeping doesn't so much control the velocity as it does control spin, really. Most of the velocity is determined by the release and sweeping gives just a slight adjustment to speed. Spin however is greatly affected by sweeping and it's what allows top curlers to place their rocks so precisely; the more you sweep, the straighter the trajectory. In a way, forward velocity is affected because horizontal velocity is minimized with lots of sweeping, but it's more a matter of accuracy than speed.

Comment

european chick
                  http://images.amateurmatch.com/ifram...02-164x237.jpg
                  Originally posted by Diakka
                  Lets stop being lil bitches

Comment

well mike anything said in this post the last couple of days has been about sports.. Except eeks addition just now with a link to an ugly girl, not sure why he even posted that :/
                    Originally posted by Tyson
                    There is no such thing as hoologians there are only football supporters.
                    Originally posted by HeavenSent
                    Hello? Ever tried to show a Muslim a picture of Mohammed? I dare anyone to try. You will die.
                    Originally posted by Izor
                    Women should never be working in the first place.

Comment

You haven't seen curling before you've seen U-15.

Did you know The Rolling Stones were named in honour of this great man?
                      6:megaman89> im 3 league veteran back off

Originally posted by Dreamwin
                      3 league vet

Comment

I have already stated that I am not an authority on the subject, but from what I have seen, and I have seen quite a few curling matches, I could probably become pretty to really good at it by praccing, as opposed to say the super G (downhill skiing), I can prac all I want at the super G but I'll prob never even come close to beating the numbers last of the olympics, tho I think that with alot of practice I could atleast match a few of the curling players out there.
                        Maybe God was the first suicide bomber and the Big Bang was his moment of Glory.

Comment

cant wait to see you in the next olympics wearing a shirt that says "I told you so tw"
                          Originally posted by Tyson
                          There is no such thing as hoologians there are only football supporters.
                          Originally posted by HeavenSent
                          Hello? Ever tried to show a Muslim a picture of Mohammed? I dare anyone to try. You will die.
                          Originally posted by Izor
                          Women should never be working in the first place.

Comment

Yea, but I don't think we have enough people over here playing curling to actually form a team..

Comment

The difference between American and European Chicks:

Originally posted by Facetious
                              edit: (Money just PMed me his address so I can go to Houston and fight him)

Comment

Plus, we don't have McDonald's or KFC in every streetcorner :x

Comment

Working...
                                X