Nextel Walkie-Talkie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nextel Walkie-Talkie

Since I've been back from Russia, I've gotten a job working as an electrician's helper where a Walkie-Talkie phone seems pretty useful at times. A lot of other electricians own the same same phone and are able to communicate very freely. I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with these phones and could fill me in. You know, personal likes and dislikes. I'm really not picky about my phone, so I'm not worried about the lack of flashy displays and what not. Perhaps there are other phones that are compatable with the Nextel network that I'm not aware of? Basically I'm asking for suggestions and feedback, thank you much.
    Ну вот...

Sprint recently bought Nextel. But the Nextel phones/infrastructure is a proprietary system by Motorola that isn't interoperable with other systems. In the future sometime Sprint/Nextel should all be migrated to the same system.

Pros: quick connect, e.g. no dialing needed to *beep* "I'm in the car near your house, where do I turn?"

Cons: People who walkie in public places, e.g. *beep* "I'm in a fancy restaurant and everyone's listening to our conversation. Where are you?"

Comment

The guidos (especially the ones that aren't actually Italian) love the walkie-talkie function.... while popping their collars, spraying on fake tan and spiking their hair up through the atmosphere. For this reason, I hate this function, as I've seen very little use it besides these rude bastards.

Comment

I agree. The only thing worse than people talking on their cell phones during movies is:

*BEEPBEEP!* "Yeah, so let's meet up and discuss exactly how big of assholes we are."
        *BEEPBEEP!* "Yeah, I'm glad we had this conversation."

Worst fucking invention ever.
        Music and medicine, I'm living in a place where they overlap.

Comment

YO WHERE YOU AT
          My father in law was telling me over Thanksgiving about this amazing bartender at some bar he frequented who could shake a martini and fill it to the rim with no leftovers and he thought it was the coolest thing he'd ever seen. I then proceeded to his home bar and made four martinis in one shaker with unfamiliar glassware and a non standard shaker and did the same thing. From that moment forward I knew he had no compunction about my cock ever being in his daughter's mouth.

Comment

In all honesty, the walkie-talkie function's a gimmick outside of the work field. I've noticed that many contracters have these and they keep in touch that way. It's otherwise useless because not everyone has the service...which means you're limited. I agree with ya'll for the most part, but I'm still probably going to get it.
            Ну вот...

Comment

Originally posted by ConcreteSchlyrd
              I agree. The only thing worse than people talking on their cell phones during movies is:

*BEEPBEEP!* "Yeah, so let's meet up and discuss exactly how big of assholes we are."

Worst fucking invention ever.
              I have not had the honor to be rudely interrupted like that at a movie, I can't wait though, I just know they're out there.

I'm getting excited just thinking about it.

Comment

Originally posted by ConcreteSchlyrd
                I usuall get this preceded by:

*BEEPBEEP* Yo, bro, hold up, someone is beeping me. I gotta check it.
                *BEEPBEEP* Yo, who is it.

Comment

Originally posted by Liquid Blue
                  YO WHERE YOU AT
                  HOLLA BACK
                  My father in law was telling me over Thanksgiving about this amazing bartender at some bar he frequented who could shake a martini and fill it to the rim with no leftovers and he thought it was the coolest thing he'd ever seen. I then proceeded to his home bar and made four martinis in one shaker with unfamiliar glassware and a non standard shaker and did the same thing. From that moment forward I knew he had no compunction about my cock ever being in his daughter's mouth.

Comment

someone whip out the toothpastefordinner comic expressing these negative sentiments

edit: fuck it

NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

Promise me you'll say "OK YAR, OK YAR, OK OK YAR OK"
                      Originally posted by Facetious
                      edit: (Money just PMed me his address so I can go to Houston and fight him)

Comment

lol when i was in america i got a set of walkie talkies to fuck about with in the mall, ended up interfering with security guards' frequency lol - moral of the story, just get a cell phone coz they have other uses than to satisfy your "boyswithtoys" need lol.

Comment

i am on the "mike" network in ontario, the thing about this is it's a cell phone with an instant 2-way communication across country, and it doesn't cost money. So i can call my friends/family with this walkie-talkie feature without it costing me a dime extra on my bill rather than the 15 second phone call asking me where the fuck I am. And it's not that loud and can use the regular headset feature for the walkie as well.

So don't hate, appreciate???
                          There once was a man from Nantucket.

Comment

Besides being really fucking annoying to everyone around you, walkie-talkies aren't fun unless you're still playing in the treehouse.
                            Knowledge is power. Arm yourself.

Comment

u can turn the speaker off, newbies :P...anyways the 2 way is the only good thing from nextel aside from the shitty coverage and shitty phones

i own a sprint lol

3 actualyyy

Comment

Working...
                              X