Turntables/Mixer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turntables/Mixer

What could I get for cheap for messing around? Something rather portable.

Where do I go to buy a crapload of cheap records?

Keep in mind there's 0 chance of me ever spinning other than for myself.

EDIT: Should I get a pair of PYLE PRO PLTTB1s? Skimping on features for $50-75 doesn't seem worth it. What's all the rest going to run me assuming I get everything- amp/speakers? Would I need cartridges/slip mats?

Is this crap? Battle Pak (new link)
    Last edited by geekbot; 03-27-2006, 03:36 PM.

>Most cities will have at least one or two music stores that sell used records.

>Flea markets or swap meets---whatever they call them in your town.

>Check the classifieds for people selling records.

I don't spin, but I had a couple friends who did. That's the kind of shit that they used to do. They also used to buy stuff online from European DJ's, but I have no idea what sites they used, or if it was cheaper than here. I think it was prolly just for getting new releases from the English scene.

You prolly know about this site, but you might wanna check out http://www.breakbeat.co.uk for some interesting Drum and Bass stuff. I'm not in the scene, so take that for what you will.

Comment

GARAGE SALES.

This summer I'm going to expand my record collection immensely.
      Originally posted by turmio
      jeenyuss seemingly without reason if he didn't have clean flours in his bag.
      Originally posted by grand
      I've been afk eating an apple and watching the late night news...

Comment

If I decide I'm actually going to get something, I'm going to set the upper limit of what to spend to the $400 Battle Pak. If I search for used equipment I'm hoping I can find something of that quality or better for less money.

As for records, I'll have to start looking for places around here that sell used records to start diving into (and raid my dad's old record collection). : )

Comment

Working...
        X