Immigration Law

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 404 Not Found
    You are so correct on this, but also look at how the larger firms have moved the labor/factories and support outside the US. Microsoft support is done from outside the States. GM, Ford, Chevy are for the most part made using non US labor.

It's economic world interdependence.

This can be looked at as immigrant workers entering into the States as well as outsourced jobs leaving the States.

All comes down to who will make the most money off of whomever will do the work the cheapest in many respects. It's an f'ed up situation, but it is becoming ever so interdependent amongst all countries.

Oddly enough, some see this as a doorway to make money in the States in a labor sense. GM, Ford & Chevy may have outsourced, yet my Honda was made 100% here in the States. BMW has facilites here as well as Toyota and Nissan. Looking at the business pages in the NYTimes, Ford and GM are really not doing all that well even with it's outsourced labor. GM is selling off its GMAC division.

Anyone could flip back and forth on this quite a bit. It is an interesting subject at least.
    Economics is basically summed up as making as much money as possible with the fewest possible costs.

As for outsourcing...I can see different viewpoints on the matter as correct in their own way.

Look at it from a labor-supply side: By expanding a company overseas you almost inevitably absorb a chunk of the native country's labor force, draining it of stimulus needed to move their economy along. The people can become dependent on one or two foreign companies and be SEVERELY mishandled.
    But...
    There's the "International" view that reasons that by planting seedling companies in undeveloped nations you provide valuable jobs to people who would otherwise be unemployed. The jobs they get bring money into the economy and when people start buying...producers produce more, and it will continue in an upward fashion. Something needs to kickstart it(Keysenian Economics)- People can't buy without any money, and without any incentives companies won't produce- But i'm getting off on a tangent here.
    Er, on a sidenote, Keysenian may be misspelled.
    help: (qg) (javs): i think my isp is stealing internet from me.

What's the difference between chopping an onion and chopping a baby? I cry when I chop onions. Type ?go Jav -Chao <ER>
    MegamanEXE> Chao
    MegamanEXE> I came from watching Hockey to say this
    (Sefarius)> ....
    (Hate The Fake)> LOL
    MegamanEXE> You are sick
    MegamanEXE> Good day

Comment

Well the job was shoveling horse manure and such in a barn, and my friend was getting paid $5 an hour for it. The mexican is making about $2 an hour.
      Pandagirl!

(ph)>12 is just right

In the most dangerous game...warping will only prolong your defeat. ?go warpwars -Chao <ER>
      1:Chao <ER>> what the FUCK?
      1:Chao <ER>> I just adverted and no one came
      1:Chao <ER>> at all
      1:Mantra-Slider> chao
      1:Mantra-Slider> you are in the wrong arena
      Panda <ZH>> ?find chao <ER>
      Chao <ER> - hero

Comment

that sounds like good fucking news for your friend
        5:gen> man
        5:gen> i didn't know shade's child fucked bluednady

Comment

Nah, everyone out here is totally used to that kind of stuff. Most of us have to do it for free anyway
          Pandagirl!

(ph)>12 is just right

In the most dangerous game...warping will only prolong your defeat. ?go warpwars -Chao <ER>
          1:Chao <ER>> what the FUCK?
          1:Chao <ER>> I just adverted and no one came
          1:Chao <ER>> at all
          1:Mantra-Slider> chao
          1:Mantra-Slider> you are in the wrong arena
          Panda <ZH>> ?find chao <ER>
          Chao <ER> - hero

Comment

Originally posted by Pandagirl!
            Nah, everyone out here is totally used to that kind of stuff. Most of us have to do it for free anyway
            And to think, my family moved away from the "eden" that was Ohio.
            Originally posted by Tone
            Women who smoke cigarettes are sexy, not repulsive. It depends on the number smoked. less is better

Comment

Working...
            X