No announcement yet.

When you eat rice do you...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

man as long as i got my damn rice, i'm set for the day.
    I see no changes all I see is racist faces
    misplaced hate makes disgrace to races

Comment

Originally posted by Rab
      In Britain, you generally leave a little food to show the host that they have been hospitable enough to fill you - that makes them happy.
      What? I eat until I'm full up and when I'm full up I stop eating
      Originally posted by Facetious
      edit: (Money just PMed me his address so I can go to Houston and fight him)

Comment

Originally posted by Colonel
        i once shoved chopsticks up my nose... i'll never do it again.
        You can kill people like that...

Comment

I always order 3 pints of rice and I obviously never make it myself because that's a job for Asian people. Then, with a plastic fork that I always throw into the street afterward, I eat about 7 bites of soy sauce soaked rice and throw the rest away because I don't give a fuck that much.

Comment

and the next time you'll be eating cocks and shit.

Comment

Originally posted by deathking
              wtf, wut did u get that shit from?
              Originally posted by kim
              If you're Asian (chinese mainly), you might've heard the myth that older folk will tell you when you are young, saying that if you don't finish all the rice in your bowl, all the leftover grains of rice in your bowl will end up on your future husband or wife's face in the form of pimples.
              e.g. that above

Originally posted by Pandagirl!
              clumpy.
              clumps.

Comment

All cultures have similar beliefs and superstitions like that, such as the one about throwing salt over your shoulder if you spill some on the table, but you'd have to be a lame troll to say that any of those are "bursting full of bullshit".

Comment

Originally posted by Galleleo
                  I have always learned to put my knife and fork on the same side of the plate to show you're done.
                  you are a fucking loser en je doet waarschijnlijk alles wat men zegt dat je moet doen

Comment

God soup, you are so schizo.. one moment you are sucking up to me and the next you are doing this.. this thread isn't about me or you, so plz, take some pills and stfu.
                    Maybe God was the first suicide bomber and the Big Bang was his moment of Glory.

Comment

Originally posted by Kim
                      If you're Asian (chinese mainly), you might've heard the myth that older folk will tell you when you are young, saying that if you don't finish all the rice in your bowl, all the leftover grains of rice in your bowl will end up on your future husband or wife's face in the form of pimples.

After that, I've had the habit of cleaning out my bowl clean, sometimes using some tongue action. Wasting food is bad anyhow. How about you, you, and YOU?

Also: When you're finished eating dinner with chopsticks, do you leave the chopsticks on the table or lying across the bowl. Apparently if you lay your chopsticks across the bowl, it means you show no respect to the person who made it for you. So me, being a sucker for these things since I was young, never place my chopsticks on top of the bowl when I'm finished.

There's also a few ways to hold your bowl properly, but I won't get into that :greedy:
                      I LOL at this thread, KIM. I've heard that story about the pimples a few times from my grandparents and relatives that live in Taiwan. I put my chopsticks on the table, because I'm done with them.
                      thread killer

Also who changed to pw to Squadless, how am I supposed to fly the banner of sucking at the game

Comment

Originally posted by Kim
                        Also: When you're finished eating dinner with chopsticks, do you leave the chopsticks on the table or lying across the bowl. Apparently if you lay your chopsticks across the bowl, it means you show no respect to the person who made it for you. So me, being a sucker for these things since I was young, never place my chopsticks on top of the bowl when I'm finished.

There's also a few ways to hold your bowl properly, but I won't get into that :greedy:
                        i wonder how these (weird) traditions and etiquettes came about

Comment

I don't really believe in all that superstitious nonsense. I mean, if I step on a crack, I'm pretty sure I won't break my mother's back...I think it's silly to live your life in fear of some goofy little fairy tale.

Comment

I eat as much rice as I see fit to and place the chopsticks horizontally across the top of the bowl (or more frequently toss both into the sink).
                            - k2

Comment

Wow how come I've never heard about these things that Kim has talked about. Maybe I don't pay enough attention... that or my parents aren't on crack :/
                              Epinephrine's History of Trench Wars:
                              www.geocities.com/epinephrine.rm

My anime blog:
                              www.animeslice.com

Comment

Originally posted by Galleleo
                                I have always learned to put my knife and fork on the same side of the plate to show you're done.
                                True, i didnt think. Or i didnt know what i was thinking when i posted.

Comment

Working...
                                X