• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ZeUs!!
    He was banned for spamming the hell out of the boards
    Originally posted by ZeUs!!
    Spam has never been quantifiably defined
    You are talking 5-10 threads a month here? I mean come on, you can do better than that.
    Why not say 'I was afraid that more people would follow his example and post jokes that don't fit MY humour'.
    That's the clear message you sent out with that previous 'be yourself' post. It's okay if the forum is growing on you, but I don't think it should become your backgarden which you can shape to your own image -you don't have to agree ofcourse- because that won't work.
    You ate some priest porridge

Comment

bwahahahahahhahhahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

post of the year.
      My father in law was telling me over Thanksgiving about this amazing bartender at some bar he frequented who could shake a martini and fill it to the rim with no leftovers and he thought it was the coolest thing he'd ever seen. I then proceeded to his home bar and made four martinis in one shaker with unfamiliar glassware and a non standard shaker and did the same thing. From that moment forward I knew he had no compunction about my cock ever being in his daughter's mouth.

Comment

There's being yourself
        and
        Being yourself within the confines of the RULES

Pick, one will get you banned at some point, one makes a readable forum.
        sage

Comment

(:< thats a penguin

('''\_(o.o)_/''') thats a bear

('''\_(:<o.o)_/''') thats a penguin being eaten by a bear.
          Makelele> whos camping
          Sumpson> mitch
          KiAN> Mitch mind not camping?
          Lemar> mitch
          Mitch> shut the fuck up and get in

Comment

Originally posted by Liquid Blue
            bwahahahahahhahhahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

post of the year.
            Yo homey, if you got nothing to say, why pollute the forums with your spam? Right on gangster.

Comment

Originally posted by Zerzera
              You are talking 5-10 threads a month here? I mean come on, you can do better than that.
              Why not say 'I was afraid that more people would follow his example and post jokes that don't fit MY humour'.
              That's the clear message you sent out with that previous 'be yourself' post. It's okay if the forum is growing on you, but I don't think it should become your backgarden which you can shape to your own image -you don't have to agree ofcourse- because that won't work.
              So because spam has never quantifiably been defined we shouldn't enforce it?
              Originally posted by Facetious
              edit: (Money just PMed me his address so I can go to Houston and fight him)

Comment

Define "spamming."
                If GHB used to post a thread everyday, why the hell was that spamming?
                I never kept track of his threads, but I also don't think he posted more than 1, or 2 (max) threads a day... and they were "USELESS CRAP" threads, if you don't want to see them, DONT GO IN HERE! (that simple. Yep... it is)
                I don't know why people are whining about his posts not being "funny" when you can just either IGNORE him, or DONT GO IN USELESS CRAP FORUMS.
                I truly think GHB should be un-banned, and "spamming" or "not being funny" are bullshit excuses to ban him.
                FREE GHB

Comment

I don't think Useless Crap was meant as a repository for people to just start loads of retarded threads, though. When the sub-forum was made, it was conceived as a place where things that were put in "General Discussion" that consisted of things like:

Cats are furry. Dogz r dum.

... could be put, because it's not really a discussion of any type. It was never meant as a "steam of conciousness" forum. Do you want the mods to lock it so that it could be used for it's original purpose?

Like it or not, the Trench Wars boards are not a place for mindless dribble. The rest of the internet is for that. The mods are trying to be as accomodating as possible. But, as everyone who's witnessed the countless number of "I was banned for saying n*****! Thatz not fare!" threads, there's always going to be a certain number of people pressing the rules because they don't have anything better to contribute.

The rules have always been the rules. When someone breaks the rules, the mods have always made sure that there was ample warning given to a person before they were banned. If that user continues to offend, they know full well what they're doing, and they know full well what the consequences of doing so are.
                  Music and medicine, I'm living in a place where they overlap.

Comment

zeus ur a prick
                    1:PaulOakenfold> thunder doesn't have a map;... gonna join nc17
                    1:PaulOakenfold> it's been real
                    1:Vitja> thunders map is ?go twlj
                    1:Vitja> afk
                    1:Underground> haha vit
                    1:Kian> LOL VITJA

-Sk8 site and forums: www.sk8squad.org

Comment

Originally posted by ConcreteSchlyrd
                      ... could be put, because it's not really a discussion of any type.
                      Yeah I wouldn't call that a General Discussion, I would call it Useless Crap.

And Zeus, you can't enforce rules that don't really exist. Well you did, and that's why you are a retard. I know it's left up to your judgement and that scares me most.But there's hope for you.

Comment

And Zeus, you can't enforce rules that don't really exist. Well you did, and that's why you are a retard.
                        Just when I think I've seen the extent of someone taking the internet too seriously...I find myself amazed time and time again. It's alot easier to complain about rules and regulations than it is to enforce them and take criticism for doing so.

VIVA LE REVOLUTION

My father in law was telling me over Thanksgiving about this amazing bartender at some bar he frequented who could shake a martini and fill it to the rim with no leftovers and he thought it was the coolest thing he'd ever seen. I then proceeded to his home bar and made four martinis in one shaker with unfamiliar glassware and a non standard shaker and did the same thing. From that moment forward I knew he had no compunction about my cock ever being in his daughter's mouth.

Comment

Like it or not liquid blue, and you seem like a nice enough guy, GHB is for me one of the very few genuinely funny people who has ever posted here. It is hit and miss I'll admit that, but you, ph, zeus, creager, face whoever etc. could post until the end of time and barely even raise a smile from me.

I guess it's subjective or cultural. But people are pissed off because whatever arguments you come up with about spamming or not being funny it doesn't change the fact that for many people these forums were a much better read with GHB than without him. If someone starts a new thread three times a day and you want to read it then that's not spam. If it's not really your thing then put up with it, because they may not like your posts that much either.

Comment

I talked to Vyk about this and I can totally understand that- different strokes for different folks. I have no problem with people not liking the idea of him being gone, or not finding the forums as interesting without him here.

What I don't see the point of, is complaining about him being banned (not you, looking at Z and D.G here) when he had more than enough warnings. You liked him as a poster, that's cool. I haven't seen you do it yet but I wouldn't see the point of you ragging on Zeus when GHB brought this on himself. 8 warnings for spam, was banned twice before for it. It's no one's fault but his own.

Comment

Well, I kind of agree. The way things are he knew he may end up going too far eg. the question marks???????????????? thing. But ragging on zeus just for upholding the rules and ragging on zeus for having shit rules in the first place are two different things. I couldn't really care less about warnings, all I wonder is what is the point of these forums. If someone who does add something cannot post while many people who don't can. Seems like a pretty bad use of judgement/discretion to me.

Comment

That's because your sense of judgment is "cultural". That's the biggest load of shit I've ever heard - plenty of Brits have better sense of humour than you apparently have. Despite the fact that GHB's banning has been the rallying point for all the nearly illiterate Europeans on the boards, I still have confidence in the continent as a whole.

Any Adult Swim fans? Well me neither in most cases (the two expections being Futurama and Aqua Teen), but for the sake of comparison, I would say that GHB's humour is to the TW boards as Robot Chicken is to Adult Swim. Of course this is neither here nor there considering his humour has nothing to do with why he was banned, but I still find it apalling that people whom I thought were older than 14 find, "omg poop?????????????", to be a worthwhile contribution to anything.

By the way, this is one of the worst dramas (and by worst I mean boring) to occur.

Comment

Working...
                                X