Your thoughts and prayers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your thoughts and prayers

As some of you probably remember from a thread I made awhile ago, I was asking people how to fundraise because I was trying to do a missions trip to East Asia this summer. I had been taxed with raising $3000 within 10 weeks, and now I'm only a couple hundred dollars short, with support still coming in the mail. I remember joking about how prayers doesn't make money grow on trees, and here I am with almost all of the support in hand.

I can't say the exact location, but you get the general idea when I say East Asia. I'll be there for 6 weeks from mid-May to late June, and I'm very excited about being able to take the gospel to my people. I know that the general majority (though I may be wrong) here are either agnostic, athiest, or whatever and thats cool. Though I would like the believers in this community to pray for my safety and for the people overseas who will be receiving the good news. Everyone else if you're able to keep me in your thoughts and wish me well, well... thats pretty much the same thing Since the place I'm going to isn't exactly as "open" or as "tolerant" as America, I'm taking a risk and a jump that's based on faith.

In case you were wondering, yes, there is a very generous donor among you who has never seen or talked to me outside this 2d spaceship game. It made me re-evaluate just how blessed (or fortunate, for some of you) I am to have had the opportunity, regardless of the medium.
    TelCat> i am a slut not a hoe
    TelCat> hoes get paid :(
    TelCat> i dont

this twl is dedicated to bioture!
    I see no changes all I see is racist faces
    misplaced hate makes disgrace to races

Comment

If it's China, you better watch out. They interrogate and persecute Christian missionaries. I know because I have relatives in Taiwan that go to China to evangelize, but it's dangerous.
      thread killer

Also who changed to pw to Squadless, how am I supposed to fly the banner of sucking at the game

Comment

Yay! You remind me of that other guy that was a missionary. The best of luck to you - I'll keep you in my prayers. Have fun!
        Pandagirl!

(ph)>12 is just right

In the most dangerous game...warping will only prolong your defeat. ?go warpwars -Chao <ER>
        1:Chao <ER>> what the FUCK?
        1:Chao <ER>> I just adverted and no one came
        1:Chao <ER>> at all
        1:Mantra-Slider> chao
        1:Mantra-Slider> you are in the wrong arena
        Panda <ZH>> ?find chao <ER>
        Chao <ER> - hero

Comment

Good luck Bioture, you will be in my prayers

Comment

pfff

i hope you convert no one and get dysentery
            In my world,
            I am King

sigpic

Comment

he didn't say he was going to convert people.

Comment

I wish I could properly communicate how many times I took a run at replying to this thread and stopped short, to keep from being insulting.

I'll just leave you with this thought:

Proselytizing is a sin of vanity.
                "Sexy" Steve Mijalis-Gilster, IVX

Reinstate Me.

Comment

ROFL BIOTURE IS GOING TO SEOUL KOREA TO PLAY STARCRAFT

Comment

I Wish
                    TelCat> i am a slut not a hoe
                    TelCat> hoes get paid :(
                    TelCat> i dont

Comment

i hope you have a good time and dont die
                      5:gen> man
                      5:gen> i didn't know shade's child fucked bluednady

Comment

What a great scam.

Comment

stay safe man
                          My father in law was telling me over Thanksgiving about this amazing bartender at some bar he frequented who could shake a martini and fill it to the rim with no leftovers and he thought it was the coolest thing he'd ever seen. I then proceeded to his home bar and made four martinis in one shaker with unfamiliar glassware and a non standard shaker and did the same thing. From that moment forward I knew he had no compunction about my cock ever being in his daughter's mouth.

Comment

bio, you are possibly one of tha most refreshing Catholics I've met in a while. This surprises me because I go to a Catholic school but it stands. Tha pastor at my school goes to Brazil to do mission work and is going there shortly. He's a really really good guy. I hope you have a nice trip and spread tha good word. Take care.
                            Originally posted by turmio
                            jeenyuss seemingly without reason if he didn't have clean flours in his bag.
                            Originally posted by grand
                            I've been afk eating an apple and watching the late night news...

Comment

Enjoy your extended vacation funded by other people.
                              Ferengi Rule of Acquisition #98: Every man has his price.

Comment

Working...
                              X