Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can someone help me figure out?

ok, goto www.settlersofzarahemla.com
    watch the commercial for it at the bottom of that page.

now tell me: are the mormons making fun of themselves??
    i really can't tell if they're serious or not.

Are they making fun of themselves? In a way, I guess.

It's a real product, and the commercial is intended to be humorous. But I didn't think this commercial bashes LDS, or anything.

I have heard that some religious and family groups are trying to break into the gaming market, for a few different reasons, like money, political leverage, and legitimacy within the gaming industry.

Maybe someone who knows more about it can elaborate.

Comment

Originally posted by tugs
      ok, goto www.settlersofzarahemla.com
      watch the commercial for it at the bottom of that page.

now tell me: are the mormons making fun of themselves??
      i really can't tell if they're serious or not.
      It's not that they're making fun of themselves so much as it is them showing the world that they can laugh at themselves. Religion is always a serious subject, and anytime someone can inject a little humor into it, it goes a long way. It's just a recruitment video that has the mormons saying, "hey, we're funny and cool, and modernized too!" Which is, I'm sad to say, a big fat lie.

All you need to know about mormons: http://youtube.com/watch?v=2abJbA6UZ...Park%20mormons
      Originally posted by Tone
      Women who smoke cigarettes are sexy, not repulsive. It depends on the number smoked. less is better

Comment

gosh!

Comment

I like funny commercials
          help: (how do i shot) (Public 0): how do i travel diagonally? i only have up, down, left and right keys.

4:PinkSTAR <ER>> ask DP he knows me inside and out

Comment

Ok, let me clue you guys in on a secret that most people don't know. If anyone, ANYONE says, "Oh my heck," then that person couldn't possibly be serious. I think it's a real product also.

That game isn't produced by the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, and the church more than likely doesn't receive any kind of money from it. There are many games and trinquets and things that are aimed at the LDS community, that game's one example. And the commercial was also aimed at members of the church. The whole idea of the temple and proposal was to grab a member's attention. It was actually very corny. I'd also admit that they were making fun of the fact that many LDS members don't date for a long time before marraige (in Utah and out west and what not.) I think it's that way because they believe that a man and a wife, when married in the temple, are eternally sealed. That from that point on, they're with their eternal companion.

No the commercial wasn't to show the world that people can laugh at themselves...anyone with the right perspective can see that "mormon culture," in Utah especially, is quite different (hence the green jello...they love their jellos). It's also not a "recruitment video," that's not how the church works. If you want to know more about the idiosyncrasies or just get a sneak peek of Utah mormon culture and what not, these movies are pretty funny: Singles Ward, The RM, The Best Two Years, Home Teachers. I haven't seen the RM, all I know is that it's about a returned missionary trying to get back in the swing of things. I think that Singles Ward plays best on mormon culture though.

"hey, we're funny and cool, and modernized too!"
            The church is not trying to say that either...imagine the Pope saying that, that's just silly.
            Ну вот...

Comment

Working...
            X