Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow parents are out of control these days:

http://www.katu.com/stories/85715.html

I remember when I was in elementary school... we used to play a game called keep away. The object of the game was 'keep a tennis ball away from the other team using ANY MEANS necessary'. Yeah... that was a bit violent!
    Epinephrine's History of Trench Wars:
    www.geocities.com/epinephrine.rm

My anime blog:
    www.animeslice.com

When I was 5, I broke my arm on some improperly installed playground equipment at preschool. My parents didn't sue because their medical insurance covered me, and they felt "accidents happen".

But I was kinda pissed off when I got older and found out about it, because that means I could have had my college paid for with a settlement. The school installed a piece of equipment without following basic safety procedures, and my fucking arm got busted because of it. A lawsuit would not have been inappropriate.

But as far as tag and tetherball...yea. That's a little over the top.

Comment

I also think carnivals, fairs, baseball fields, football stadiums, gyms, and swimming pools should be removed from the country. Someone could get hurt, you know?
      help: (qg) (javs): i think my isp is stealing internet from me.

What's the difference between chopping an onion and chopping a baby? I cry when I chop onions. Type ?go Jav -Chao <ER>
      MegamanEXE> Chao
      MegamanEXE> I came from watching Hockey to say this
      (Sefarius)> ....
      (Hate The Fake)> LOL
      MegamanEXE> You are sick
      MegamanEXE> Good day

Comment

sigh. the youth of tomorrow are going to be pussies.
        NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

walking can lead to falling, which can lead to serious injury, maybe they should ban walking too. might as well ban eating, drinking as well seeing how you can choke. should ban swimming cause you can drawn.
          1 + 1 = 1

Comment

must we neglect the fact that every single person who has ever breathed oxygen has DIED?
            NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

When you breathe, you inhale thousands of microbes a minute, some that are potentially dangerous to your health. You could get asthma, lung diseases, cancer, etc. Children should stop breathing, it's more dangerous to them since they're more volatile to the harms our air can cause. We should also ban air, remove it from North America. To add, our children should wear astronaut suits all the time, a huge dose of sunblock to protect them from UV rays, and they should be confined at all times inside a room similar to that of a mental hospital cell. That is all.
              Thousands of candles can be lit from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared.
              -Buddha

Comment

I think getting scrapes, bumps and bruises is good for children. I came home almost every other day from elementary school with a new injury because we went nuts playing tag. Getting hurt teaches kids what their limits are. They need to know what happens when you go too fast or don't pay attention to what you are doing. I know it's not a new issue, but I believe that a lot of kids these days have so many restraints that their first expirience of freedom is when they start driving. The highway is not where you want kids to have their first injury

Comment

Originally posted by Subjugation
                  When I was 5, I broke my arm on some improperly installed playground equipment at preschool. My parents didn't sue because their medical insurance covered me, and they felt "accidents happen".

But I was kinda pissed off when I got older and found out about it, because that means I could have had my college paid for with a settlement. The school installed a piece of equipment without following basic safety procedures, and my fucking arm got busted because of it. A lawsuit would not have been inappropriate.

But as far as tag and tetherball...yea. That's a little over the top.

Yo, you do realize the US is about the only nation in the world that uses accidents like these (and the only nation where it's propably possible) to sue and rip other people's money for their selfish purposes? Get your medical bills and other troubles covered, but don't fund your bloody college on some other people's money. Think the deed was done on purpose? Didn't think so.
                  jee

Comment

Originally posted by Blood
                    Get your medical bills and other troubles covered, but don't fund your bloody college on some other people's money. Think the deed was done on purpose?
                    Pain and suffering, mofo.

Of course it was not done on purpose. Instead, it was done cheaply, and was in violation of safety code. If you're a business owner entrusted to care for society's most vulnerable, at least have the due diligence to take reasonable safety precautions. That's really not a lot to ask. Actually, that's like...the fucking minimum to ask.
                    Last edited by Subjugation; 05-13-2006, 06:54 AM.

Comment

You just get the idea that a lot of people in the US are just waiting to get an excuse to sue someone to satisfy their own greed, and it's rather sad that it's even possible.
                      jee

Comment

Fuck, I'm sure anyone with a bit of common sense would sue for that

Comment

Originally posted by Jerome
                          sigh. the youth of tomorrow are going to be pussies.
                          rofl
                          well put romes, well put.

Comment

says jerome who was beat up by a girl.

just kidding :wub:

Comment

.wOOOOOOOOOOOO GO MCDONALDS NATION EAT MORE BIG MACS
                              Originally posted by Diakka
                              Lets stop being lil bitches

Comment

Working...
                              X