RIAA going after YouTube

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIAA going after YouTube

As the Recording Industry continues in its battle to combat rife online music piracy on P2P networks, blogs and other viral distribution channels, it appears to have a new problem in the form of music videos.

Content on sites such as YouTube, MySpace, Google Video and iFilm is user-generated, which has given a whole new dimension to the viral sharing of music videos across the web. Such websites allow music videos to be distributed without any approval from the recording companies.
    http://www.afterdawn.com/news/archive/7618.cfm

http://www.osnn.net/comments.php?shownews=12935
    My father in law was telling me over Thanksgiving about this amazing bartender at some bar he frequented who could shake a martini and fill it to the rim with no leftovers and he thought it was the coolest thing he'd ever seen. I then proceeded to his home bar and made four martinis in one shaker with unfamiliar glassware and a non standard shaker and did the same thing. From that moment forward I knew he had no compunction about my cock ever being in his daughter's mouth.

They have to do their best to spoil our fun don't they? You should save these music videos just in case:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMywf...ns+in+scotland

And of course:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uo1w2...es+in+the+bath

Comment

I got a DMCA warning from YouTube after uploading the Gnarles Barkley appearance on Leno on Monday.

I was told another infraction would result in my account getting yanked. But my sports clips were not pulled, just the one music clip. Can anyone else confirm if it's only new music they're after?

Comment

No suprise here. RIAA is a failing agency that has overlooked the reasons as to why so many are able to take away their profits from lost or stolen sales.

When you have companies selling on a consumer basis (Sony), computers/software/hardware, that allows one to obtain music free w/o paying the costs that the RIAA claims it is missing, it is easy to see why they are miffed about the out of pocket change they lost.

Eventually I see the RIAA becoming a thing of the past, as many of the current top acts are producing and selling their own product and cutting out the RIAA all together. Why have a middle man when it can all be done w/o them in this technological world.

This still does not take into account all the lost revenues the RIAA is missing from many S.E. Asian Countries and Russia, with the bootlegs showing up on every corner.

YouTube will get over it...and another site will be next.

The only powers that the RIAA hold over quite a few atists are, they vote and decide who will be the grammy award winning musicians once a year. I think the grammy's suck anyway.
        May your shit come to life and kiss you on the face.

Comment

The RIAA is just mad that the Internet owns them so hard.
          DELETED

Comment

Would someone let them know that videos served up by Google Video and YouTube are incredibly bitrate degraded? It's free advertising at very worst.
            Music and medicine, I'm living in a place where they overlap.

Comment

Originally posted by Subjugation
              I got a DMCA warning from YouTube after uploading the Gnarles Barkley appearance on Leno on Monday.
              haha you killed two birds with one stone

You pissed off RIAA and NBC

Comment

Originally posted by Dameon Angell
                The RIAA is just mad that the Internet owns them so hard.
                the funny thing is many of the artists could give less of a shit. And those that do are not worth listening to anyways. It's art, not business.....or it should be anway.
                Originally posted by Tone
                Women who smoke cigarettes are sexy, not repulsive. It depends on the number smoked. less is better

Comment

I saw this south park episode the other day, they hit it right on the spot.

Because we dl so much, artists have to wait an extra month to make their pool bigger, or to buy that 56 bedroom house instead of the 50.
                  Maybe God was the first suicide bomber and the Big Bang was his moment of Glory.

Comment

Working...
                  X