No announcement yet.

Tips for Handling Telemarketers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Since we joined the BT network that doesn't let calls from these places through to your phone, we have only had a couple slip through the net, and we've been part of it for a good six months now.

I have had a few of them get cheeky in the past and start arguing with me- I don't think they appreciate how irritating they are.

Comment

These guys are trying to do a job, and I feel bad being rude to them. My parents feel no such pity and will do the Seinfeld thing.

"How about you give me your home phone number so we can talk about this? You don't want to do that? Well now you know how we feel!"

It gets boring.
      Originally posted by Jeenyuss
      sometimes i thrust my hips so my flaccid dick slaps my stomach, then my taint, then my stomach, then my taint. i like the sound.

Comment

Originally posted by Edify
        What you can do after answering, if you notice there is no one there, is to immediately start hitting your # button on the phone, 6 or 7 times, as quickly as possible This confuses the machine that dialed the call and it kicks your number out of their system. Gosh, what a shame not to have your name in their system any longer!!!
        smells like bullshit..

what i usually do is to say im a bit busy at the moment, but if he/she gives me his/her private phone number and the time he/she eats dinner, ill call him/her back. normally, they dont want to give you their phone number. then i say: "sooooo, you dont like strangers calling you when you eat dinner you either?"
        Throughout time, there’s been
        crimes, throughout our history
        But not as great, as the one of late, affecting you and me
        Once a nation proud and free, and now we’re weeping sorrow’s tears
        Tragedy’s approaching, it’s worse than all your fears

Come on my countrymen
        Come on and take a stand
        Don’t let ‘em take away your land

the Wenger bus is coming
        and all the kids are running
        from London to Manchester
        cos he's a child molester

fuck islam

Comment

Originally posted by DoTheFandango
          "How about you give me your home phone number so we can talk about this? You don't want to do that? Well now you know how we feel!"

It gets boring.
          i need to read what other people are writing.. but this works pretty well
          Throughout time, there’s been
          crimes, throughout our history
          But not as great, as the one of late, affecting you and me
          Once a nation proud and free, and now we’re weeping sorrow’s tears
          Tragedy’s approaching, it’s worse than all your fears

Come on my countrymen
          Come on and take a stand
          Don’t let ‘em take away your land

the Wenger bus is coming
          and all the kids are running
          from London to Manchester
          cos he's a child molester

fuck islam

Comment

i can't believe that aol still exists.
            it makes me sick when i think of it, all my heroes could not live with it so i hope you rest in peace cause with us you never did

Comment

fucking hate it, i get about 5 a day. depending on my mood ill either shout "FUCKING STFU NOW" and hang up, leave it on the line and go upstairs, or talk really nicely and take the piss out of them.
              Antega.

Comment

This guy's an ace at combating telemarketers.
                He's hilarious

Tom Mabe

sample audio

Has anyone heard some of pranks this guy does on telemarketers?
                Last edited by HeavenSent; 06-17-2006, 05:33 PM.

Comment

we generaly just say some random shit once we reasise its telemarketers, you just gotta say it really loud and excitedly.

"SORRY MAN I CANT TALK RIGHT NOW I AM IN THE MIDDLE OF MASTURBATING SORRY"

"I'M BUSY MAN! I'M PLAYING SNAKES AND LADDERS WITH MY DAD"

"oh okay, just give me one sec while I finish getting undressed"

"well I'm actualy on the toilet right now.. had a bad case of the runs"

this generaly makes THEM hang up on YOU, plus some reaction can be funny :P
                  LOLZ

Comment

Whenever we get these calls, my Mum usually starts asking them questions like "What's your name" "Who do you work for" "Where are you based" "How did you get this number?" (We are on the UK equivalent of the Do Not Call list)

They normally hang up before she does.
                    USS Banana after years of superior jav play has amassed 17999 kills, he is 1 kill away from 18k, Type ?go Javs FOR A GAME OF HUNT (no scorereset) -Kim
                    ---A few minutes later---
                    9:cool koen> you scorereseted
                    9:Kim> UM
                    9:Kim> i didn't
                    9:cool koen> hahahahahahaha
                    9:ph <ZH>> LOOOOL
                    9:Stargazer <ER>> WHO FUCKING SCORERESET
                    9:pascone> lol?

Comment

At least telemarketers are a step up from fax spam.

Comment

Tips for Handling Telecasters

* Features Tip The Telecaster is a great little workhorse, with unique sounds.
                        * Vintage Guitar Tip Keep your eye out for well priced pre-CBS Telecasters - they don't have a line running thru the back of the neck.
                        * Vintage Guitars Tip If your interested in vintage electric guitars and gear, you might be interested in this downloadable fre-ebook, that tells you all about the Auction Biz on the 'Net -
                        * Did U Know? The Telecaster was originally known as the Broadcaster.
                        * Guitar/Telecaster Tips and Details - More Info
                        * Features Tip Compared to many other models it's an inexpensive but pro design and model, a good starter if you're a bit strapped for cash.

I had a lovely blonde Tele for a year or so and I liked it a lot. Very popular amongst the top country music players like Albert Lee, The Hellecasters, and the late great Danny Gatton. To hear this design at it's best you must check these guys out if your not familiar, you will be simply amazed at their jaw-dropping (is the term for it) Tele techniques and sounds... These players are a terrific learning source for this extremely hot "Chicken' Pickin' Style - have a quick browse thru our hot Country players for my faves and maybe a few ideas.
                        Originally posted by Facetious
                        edit: (Money just PMed me his address so I can go to Houston and fight him)

Comment

edit: what the fuck? wrong thread
                          Originally posted by Ward
                          OK.. ur retarded case closed

Comment

I use my cell phone exclusively so when I got my phone line connected (for DSL) the only calls I got were from telemarketers. One day the phone rang, my roommate picked it up and when the person asked for Brian, he said, "Brian's dead," and hung up. The phone rang again, I picked up. It was my mom- calling back again and wondering why my roommate was saying that I died.

Comment

And then she asked if you were satisfied with your long distance provider.

Comment

the best thing you can do is pretend to care for five minutes then put the phone down, telemarketers aren't allowed to hang up so the person has to wait until you hang the phone up.
                                it makes me sick when i think of it, all my heroes could not live with it so i hope you rest in peace cause with us you never did

Comment

Working...
                                X