Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY USA! (and happy thanksgiving UK)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by D1st0rt
    If you thought Metro was confusing, don't ever try driving in DC
    I never had a prob driving in D.C. It's not all that bad. I'm jaded from doing it for years, but I think Boston & Philly are much worse. Especially Philly, since most of the street signs are turned the wrong way or stolen....makes it difficult for the out of towner to get around.
    May your shit come to life and kiss you on the face.

Comment

Originally posted by HeavenSent
      BRUTUS ARRIVES IN BRITAIN

The Kymric language prevailed in different dialects over the whole of Europe and a large part of Asia.

It is the substructure of all the Keltic tongues and the Archaic element in the Greek, the Latin, the Sanskrit, and the hieroglyphic Egyptian (see Bunsen, Christianity and Mankind, vol. iv., p. 158). It is the key to the affinity between the languages of the East and the West. All other languages can be traced to an alien source -- this alone cannot. It is certain it was brought by the Kymry into Britain, as it was spoken by their forefathers in Armenia 1700 B.C., and that its purity and integrity have been guarded by them in all ages with jealous care. It is the witness, alike above suspicion and corruption, to the extreme antiquity of their nationality and civilization.

The three Pacific Tribes remained undisturbed in the enjoyment of their several patrimonies in Britain for five centuries. A second colonization then took place on the breaking up of the Trojan Empire in the East. The Empire of Troy, its kings and people were of the same race and language as the Umbri of Italy and Britain. Hence on its dissolution part of its survivors directed their course to the former, part to the latter country. Troy was regarded as the sacred city of the race in the East.

The only two national names acknowledged by the Ancient Britons are Kymry and Y Lin Troia, the race of Troy. There seems no sufficient reason therefore to doubt the traditional story that Brutus, having accidentally killed his father in the chase, and being ordered by his grandfather Æneas to quit Italy, assembled three thousand of the bravest youths of Umbria, and putting himself at their head, sailed to his countrymen in Greece. A series of victories on the Trojan side resulted in peace; Pandrasus giving his daughter Imogene in marriage to Brutus. But, finding that a Trojan kingdom could not be established in Albania (afterwards called Epirus), except at the cost of incessant hostilities, Brutus emigrated with all his people to the mainstock of his race -- the White Island. Drayton, the Elizabethan poet, gives an account of the wanderings of Æneas after the destruction of Troy and relates the expulsion of Brutus from Italy and his ultimate arrival in the

"...Isle of Albion highly bless'd
      With giants lately stored....
      Where from the stock of Troy, those puissant kings should rise
      Whose conquests from the West, the world should scant suffice."

Spencer also in the Faerie Queene refers to "Noble Britons sprung from Trojans bold" and to Brutus having given the name of Troja Nova to London. We have the testimony also of the early British historians Gildas and Nennius, the Welch "Bruts," Matt. Paris and other writers in support of the tradition. But perhaps the most ancient documentary evidence of the foundation of London is to be found in a Latin chronicle, in which Edward the Confessor speaks of London as "fundata olim et edificata ad instar magna Troje," which, translated, runs thus: a city founded and built after the likeness of Great Troy.

Tradition says that on his journey to the "White Island" Brutus touched at Melita (Malta) and, coasting along the southern shore of the Mediterranean, he gave the coast the name of Mauritania, which it still retains. They then steered through the Straits of Libyan Hercules (Gibraltar) into the Atlantic, then called the Tyrrhenian Ocean. Upon the southern coast of Spain they came across four other Trojan colonies, under Troenius. These were readily persuaded to join them. The combined expeditions sailed northwards, and anchored off the mouth of the Loire. The great plain between the Alps and the Atlantic had by this time been thickly peopled by the descendants of the Alpine and Auvergnian Kymry; these called themselves Kelts or Gael, and the country Gaul or Gallia. The king of the Gael was Goffar. Brutus, advancing through Gascony, threw up his camp in the center of Goffar's domains. An engagement was fought, in which Tyrrhi, Brutus' nephew was killed. In honour of him he built an immense tumulus where now stands the city, called, after Tyrrhi, Tours. Goffar being completely defeated, the fleet repaired and revictualled, sailed the next year round the horn of Armorica and finally anchored off Talnus in Torbay.

It is at Totnes on the Dart, twelve miles from Torbay, the oldest seaport in South Devon, that we find the surest proof of the personality of Brutus in a custom handed down from time immemorial, and last observed May 6, 1910, [as of this writing of 1914] when the Mayor read the Proclamation of King George standing upon a granite boulder embedded in the pavement of the principal street (Fore Street) leading up the steep ascent from the river to the Westgate of the town. Over this venerable relic hangs a sign inscribed "This is Brutus' Stone," the tradition being that on this stone the Trojan prince set foot, when he landed in Britain some few years after the fall of Troy, 1185 B.C.

In the Welsh records it is stated that the three Pacific Tribes received their countrymen from the East as brethren; Brutus was proclaimed king, and at a national convention of the whole Island, with its dependencies, was elected Sovereign Paramount. The throne of Hu Gadarn thus devolved upon him both by descent and suffrage. His three sons, born after his arrival in Britain, he named after the three Pacific Tribes, Locrinus, Camber and Alban. Brutus' name heads the roll in all the genealogies of the British kings, preserved as faithfully as were those of the kings of Israel and Judah.

The descent of the British kings from Brutus was never disputed for fifteen hundred years. The "Island of Brutus" was the common name of the Island in old times. The word tan is the old British term for land; Brutannia (pronounced Britannia, the British "u" being sounded as "e") is Brut's or Brutus' Land. The term is also of very ancient use in Asia, as Beluchistan, Afghanistan. The Trojan descent is said to solve the peculiarities in British Laws and Usages which would otherwise be wholly inexplicable....

Excerpted from Prehistoric London - It's Mounds and Circles,
      by E. O. Gordon (pp 90-92).
      Any chance you could post the blurb on the back of the book as well?
      Originally posted by Facetious
      edit: (Money just PMed me his address so I can go to Houston and fight him)

Comment

The Illustrious Lineage of the Royal House of Britain ... Original Chart

Originally posted by ZeUs!!
        Any chance you could post the blurb on the back of the book as well?
        I think this is more interesting:
        The Illustrious Lineage of the Royal House of Britain ... Original Chart
        This chart was first produced in 1902. At the request of the Windsor family work began updating the chart In the mid 1950's with the final product completed in 1977.

The chart follows the progression from The House of David - The Royal Line; Zarah, House of Troy; the Norse Lines; the House of Tudor; the Ancient British Line; the Guelph Line: the Byzantine Line and the Hungarian Line.

The result is a very meticulous, detailed account beginning with Judah and ending with Queen Elizabeth II as it traces her lineage back to King David.

Comment

When reading this response bear in mind that I read none of your long post and didn't understand your other post:

Ok
          Originally posted by Facetious
          edit: (Money just PMed me his address so I can go to Houston and fight him)

Comment

Originally posted by ZeUs!!
            When reading this response bear in mind that I read none of your long post and didn't understand your other post:

Ok
            That's why i offered a picture instead. :P

Comment

Working...
            X