Israel / Lebanon Shit storm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Israel / Lebanon Shit storm

Okay here it is. An Israeli tank (with a crew of nine) rolled over the border into Lebanese territory. Hizb Allah attacked it (it set on fire). Two soldiers attempting to escape were caught and the other 7 were killed. Then an attack was launched by Hizb Allah (across the border) which caused those injuries (about 21?).

Hassan Nasrallah held a press conference and made it super clear that "the only way that these soldiers will ever return home is through prisoner exhcange. There is no other way, nothing else can be done to secure their release." He also added that they "are prepared to handle a lot and go a very long way, longer than the whole world can imagine."

Israel is holding the Lebanese state responsible and calling this an act of war eventhough Lebanon has no control over Hizb Allah or the South. This seems like an Israeli-made excuse to launch attacks deep in Lebanon. The vibe they gave off was following their usual path of collective punishment on civilians for what militants do (kinda like what's happening in Gaza).

This has the potential to be catastrophic for both sides. Hizb Allah are hard-asses and won't give in. Nassrallah even made a joke when he said, "Israel is demanding their immediate release and expects us to return them, apologise, admit we're wrong, and more... What planet are they living on?" He even brought up another point and gave a warning, "after Sharon, a new party came to power, with a new Prime Minister, a new Defense minister... I give one piece of advice to these new people, ask your predecessors how we are to be handled." So new hard-ass Israelis who have little political experience in dealing with Hizb Allah and Nasrallah's hardcoreness.

Both countries could be in for some brutal times.

o here goes . There was a well coordinated spread out Katusha rocket attack of at least 6 points in northern Israel , but it was nothing but a diversion . Due to the relative peace we had on the Lebanon border , it caught the system abit off-guard .
    In the mean time , a small group of Hezbollah men (militants/terrorists/soldiers , pick one depending on your PoV) launched several RPGs into a Hummer . Another was hummer next to it , notifies everyone and their mother .
    During a battle , Hezbollah captures three soldiers , but one fought back after was captured and was shot inside Lebanon , his body was recovered .

There is an immediate response and Israel moves in , only to be met with massive concentrated fire that is used to cover the group fleeing to northern Lebanon with the captured soldiers .
    And then , came the mistake . A Merkava Mark 2 tank , which is built to operate while getting hit by RPGs (i believe I even posted a movie here of a Merkava getting hit 7 times by RPGs in a village , and
    operating normally) , but not built for massive landmines , gets absolutely annihilated by a massive land explosion (around half a ton) , deep withing Lebanon territory.
    Problem is , that Israel is not only very sensitive when it comes to recovering soldiers , but also body parts .So Hezbollah , in an asshole move , are bombarding the area around the tank in order to prevent Israeli forces to get to it's dead soldiers .

Nazrallah could have easily ordered the release of the captured Gilad Shalit and stopped the Gaza offensive single-handedly , but instead he just dragged an entire nation into a conflict with Israel .
    First account is from a guy living in Lebanon, second account is from a guy in Israel.

More bad shit happening via links below ---

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/mid...st/5175160.stm

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/13823680/

Israel has said it holds Lebanon responsible for the soldiers' capture and views it as an "act of war".

BEIRUT, Lebanon - Israel expects to carry out a prolonged offensive against Hezbollah guerrillas in Lebanon and will enforce an air and sea blockade until the conflict ends, a top officer said on Thursday.
    My father in law was telling me over Thanksgiving about this amazing bartender at some bar he frequented who could shake a martini and fill it to the rim with no leftovers and he thought it was the coolest thing he'd ever seen. I then proceeded to his home bar and made four martinis in one shaker with unfamiliar glassware and a non standard shaker and did the same thing. From that moment forward I knew he had no compunction about my cock ever being in his daughter's mouth.

I am confused, or should i say annoyed, as to why the government of Lebanon and its actual military after 6 years, has not put the government & its military in charge of the southern border with Israel. They call Hezbollaha a legitimate militia and have left this for them to control and they are in charge to police the border with Israel and it is not the actual government responsibility. Everyone else acknowledges Hezbollah as terrorists, backed by Syria and Iran. It would be nice if Lebanon's government could control their country.

If this is how they deal with the issues after the many years of almost no conflicts at this border, by leaving the law in the hands of Hezbollah, one could look at the Minutemen patrolling the border of the U.S. and Mexico as comparison. Perhaps we should let the Minutemen be the law of the border and let them fire rockets into Mexico and just kill as many Mexicans that they like that cross. Sarcasm on my part, but essentially that is what the Lebanese government said it authorizes Hezbollah to do, and that it will not intervene. Some government authority!

No matter what is done on good faith, be it the return of occupied land or prisoners, it will never be enough and peace will never be a part of this region.

This is a territory that could use some gun control. We all bitch about gun laws in western civilized nations, yet it is an everyday event to walk the streets with machine guns and haphazardly shoot into the air. F'n retards. On top of that they parade in the streets to cheer on such events as what is happening now in their own country. Glad to see the people showing such joy over the mess that has been created. God forbid they would have pressured their government to get rid of Hezbollah and take some control. Shows to me and I am sure many others that there is no real government in Lebanon and that they are still a puppet.
    May your shit come to life and kiss you on the face.

Comment

hey guys, remember when we apparently had a Mission Accomplished in lebanon because the syrian influence was ELIMINATED after hariri was assassinated? and how that vindicated the gov't's middle east strategy?
      Originally posted by Ward
      OK.. ur retarded case closed

Comment

Originally posted by Vykromond
        hey guys, remember when we apparently had a Mission Accomplished in lebanon because the syrian influence was ELIMINATED after hariri was assassinated? and how that vindicated the gov't's middle east strategy?

I remeber this, but it seems that the Syrian influence was limited to the city of Beirut and not the entire country.

I also remember Bush landing on a carrier with a banner and speech declaring Iraq "Mission Accomplished ".
        May your shit come to life and kiss you on the face.

Comment

duhhhh, its pretty obvious that these countries just support terrorism...the fact that they all pretty much hate Isreal with a passion should just support the fact that they WANT these terrorists running things.

Being in the US military, all this bullshit pisses me off more than anything. All it's gonna do is escalate into something far worse that no one wants. Fucking North Korea being dumbasses, Iran being stupid, Pakastan and India fighting... its a normal thing but its escalating into something far worse. Personally I dont feel like going to war with these dumbass countries, but eventually it will happen the way things are going.

Oh, and the minute North Korea trys to bomb Japan or something, they will get royally fucked up, they have no idea how many submarines with missiles of their own are sitting by their shores undetected. Dumbass 3rd world countries...
          RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
          RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

The USSR would have never let shit go down like that.
            How I miss them.
            help: (qg) (javs): i think my isp is stealing internet from me.

What's the difference between chopping an onion and chopping a baby? I cry when I chop onions. Type ?go Jav -Chao <ER>
            MegamanEXE> Chao
            MegamanEXE> I came from watching Hockey to say this
            (Sefarius)> ....
            (Hate The Fake)> LOL
            MegamanEXE> You are sick
            MegamanEXE> Good day

Comment

this just in: pfc. exalt announces war with india and the fictional country of "pakastan," please stand by

update: pfc. exalt responded today to allegations of a war plan against what he had previously referred to as "dumbass north korea," "stupid iran," and "fighting india and pakastan" in a televised press conference. here is a full transcript

Q: Pfc. Exalt, is it true that you have a plan to go to war against India and "Pakastan"? What exactly is "Pakastan"?

EXALT: It's gonna do is escalate into something far worse that no one wants. Next question.

Q: Why do you want to go to war with all of these countries?

EXALT: Duhhhh, its pretty obvious that these countries just support terrorism... the fact that they all pretty much hate Isreal with a passion should just support the fact that they WANT these terrorists running things.

Q: But India doesn't hate Israel at all. Wait, did you say "Isreal"? What is-

EXALT: Next question.

Q: How do you expect to win such a many-front war?

EXALT: They will get royally fucked up, they have no idea how many submarines with missiles of their own are sitting by their shores undetected. Dumbass 3rd world countries. Next question.

Q: One thing I don't understand, sir, is why exactly you think invading these countries is a-

EXALT: Personally I dont feel like going to war with these dumbass countries, but eventually it will happen the way things are going.
              Originally posted by Ward
              OK.. ur retarded case closed

Comment

He's got my vote.

Comment

Holy shit this is escalating so fast. I'll try to keep you guys up to date with the insider info.

Originally posted by Guy in Israel
                  Nope . He got "lucky" . First of all , he IS a good politician . He managed Jerusalem in it's toughest times and kept the violence in it from escalating . He is quite a good politician .
                  Moreover , Ehud Olmert has degrees in philosophy , psychology and law . He fought in Golani , and was severely injured in battle. He is also a successful businessman.

BUT . There is a huge BUT .

Most PMs of Israel were ... well... VERY dominant men . Alphas among Alphas .
                  In Israel ,Officers are often killed (greatest example is Yoni Netanyahu ) because they actually lead the force , and are present on the battlefield . Everyone here knew who was Itzhak Rabin , Ariel Sharon , Ehud Barak . Even Binyamin Netanyahu was an officer in Sayeret Matkal .
                  Before getting into their tailored suits and expensive cars with their degrees in mathematics and their MBAs, everyone saw these men go through hell , risk their own lives , lead forces while being severely injured , and pay a personal price to become leaders of Israel .
                  When I am watching news , I see lead anchor Gadi Sukenik , and a man next to him , a political expert . The political expert has scars all over his face from the time his tank was rocketed , and Gadi is a soldier in Shayetet 13 .
                  Israel is not an easy country to lead .

Now , back the Ehud . He accidentally become PM because Ariel Sharon became a vegetable . Now instead of a leader , we have a politician .
                  And it takes a leader to make moves like uniting with Lebanon to hit Hezbollah + liberate Lebanon from Syria's control . I'd gladly see this happen . We'd assfuck them all the way to Nebraska, for Lebanon and ourselves .
                  It takes a leader to do something that might not look good in the eyes of many , but it's a leader's job to make such moves , while a politician can only do what he considers good enough to stay popular .
                  And Ehud Olmert also comes for a very liberal home . His wife is a left activist , his daughter is a lesbian , his sons are Emos that avoided army .
                  He has a lot to prove , and I think he is TRYING to do just that . I hope he does something real smart real soon , otherwise we are looking at another war , and Hezbollah get exactly what they wanted .

Originally posted by Guy in Lebanon
                  It has been barely a year since Lebanon regained its independence and sovereignty, do not forget this. Since that time, the country has been trying to balance out and construct a functional government and working state. Hizb Allah is also a very real political minority in Lebanon (especially the South and Bekaa). They are also the only minority with weapons. This is a very sensitive topic and many have been working on a path to disarming them or at least have the army absorb them so that it can uphold a monopoly on armed force. I mean please forgive us if we don't opt to go to fucking civil war and tear our nation apart in order to disarm Hizb Allah.

This war that is being waged on my nation is a PR stunt very similar (but a lot more dangerous) to the April war of '96 (which ended catastrophically with a massacre of refugees in a UN camp). What Olmert is doing is flexing his muscles and giving Hizb Allah a reason to continue to exist as an armed force in the region. The one argument that was used in the debate of disarmament was that the Israeli enemy has left our nation and we have no more use for an armed resistance force. They then branded themselves as saviours of the region. They said that we can't trust Israel not to launch another attack. Now Israel gave them exactly what they want.

Originally posted by guy in Israel
                  We have 90 civilian injuries , 1 civilian death due to Hezbollah rocketing .Total : 85 rockets .

This is isn't published yet , but there was a direct hit into a civilian building in Naharia , with unknown casualties , minutes ago .

God fucking dammit , I don't want to go to war again . My fucking armor weights too much .

Edit : regarding the scope of the operation ... NOBODY KNOWS . I seriosly have no idea about the duration of the current operations . Chances are , that we are stuck there until we get the soldiers back .
                  My father in law was telling me over Thanksgiving about this amazing bartender at some bar he frequented who could shake a martini and fill it to the rim with no leftovers and he thought it was the coolest thing he'd ever seen. I then proceeded to his home bar and made four martinis in one shaker with unfamiliar glassware and a non standard shaker and did the same thing. From that moment forward I knew he had no compunction about my cock ever being in his daughter's mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by Guy in Israel
                    Haifa , Israel has been hit by rockets .

9 Qassam rockets landed in southern Israel .

I know Israeli airplanes are currently dropping paper fliers over Beirut , asking citizens to stay away as much as possible from anything associated with Hezbollah .
                    We just blew up the fuel of Beirut Airport .

Here comes teh boom .

My fucking god , Hezbollah timing was BAD .

The 5 Arab villages around my hill have been celebrating the entire evening by shooting and launching fireworks, which annoys me quite abit , because if a gun battle starts later this night , it will be hard to identify it's direction .

Me and my gf are getting our gear ready .
                    Originally posted by Guy in Lebanon
                    They have hammered the final nail into the Lebanese economy's coffin. This summer was supposed to be the greatest ever for tourism. So many festivals, parties, concerts were being organised. Hotels fully booked and many had initiated programs to go up in stars and had brought in new trainers for their services staff. It was gonna be so awesome. So many celebrities were gonna come (Sean Paul was to perform THIS SATURDAY); singers, world-class DJ's.

Man fuck this shit. Fuck it right in the ass.
                    http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/...n1803925.shtml

he State Department says that about 25,000 Americans live in Lebanon. If the conflict gets worse, the U.S. government has a responsibility to evacuate those who want to leave, which might mean sending in the Marines, reports CBS News correspondent David Martin. But, now that the airport is bombed, the options for evacuating Americans are now a lot more complicated. Marines will have to fly helicopters from nearby Cypress to Lebanon, or from amphibious ships in nearby waters.
                    President Bush backed Israel's right to defend itself and denounced Hezbollah as “a group of terrorists who want to stop the advance of peace.”

The United States cast the first U.N. Security Council veto in nearly two years, blocking an Arab-backed resolution that would have demanded Israel halt its military offensive in the Gaza Strip.
                    Holy fuck. This shit is getting crazy. Lebanon is basically cut off from the world right now, with a blockade preventing shit all from getting in. We just have to hope Iran or Syria don't get involved, especially while British or American marines are over there, otherwise this shit will get really really bad in the blink of an eye.

Comment

Is that their original text or is it translated?
                      If its their original words then they're pretty funny and cool, at first I was expecting associated press droning in the quotes yet I was pleasantly suprised with actual speaking, you know, shit that sounds like it actually came from a person not some android.
                      sage

Comment

those are their actual words, they visit another forum I go to.

Comment

Originally posted by Vykromond
                          this just in:

Vyk, you don't understand man. How can you? This shit is real. I mean I don't even know how to get across to you that this very very much is real. You need to remember that before you reply.
                          "Sexy" Steve Mijalis-Gilster, IVX

Reinstate Me.

Comment

I hope the world won't end too soon. Maranata!
                            Endless space, endless exploration.

Comment

It took europe many millions of deaths and 2 world wars to finally bring peace between the nations there.

"Never again" is what was said and resulted in creation of the EU. A union of nations, with the eventual project of forming a UE a United Europe to ensure peace.

It took 2 nukes and over 1 million civilan deaths to end the war between japan and america.

Unfortunatly i fear it will take a another few millions of deaths in the middle east before the people incharge of any of the sides realise that killing each other is not a good thing.
                              Rediscover online gaming. Get Subspace

Mantra-Slider> you like it rough
                              Kitty> true

I girl with BooBiez> OH I GET IT U PRETEND TO BE A MAN

Flabby.tv - The Offical Flabby Website

Comment

Working...
                              X