Metal Gear Solid: The Movie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Metal Gear Solid: The Movie

Kojima is Directing/Producing/Writing it, Viggo Mortenson (read: Aragorn) is rumoured as a possible "Solid Snake". Who do you think should be in it, and as who?
    DELETED

I would actually think that Mortenson would do a pretty good job. Eric Bana, John Statham or maybe even James Franco would be a bit reasonable as well. Jonathan Togo or B.J Novak would play Octacon. Liquid Snake would be tough though. I am drawing a blank for him.

Comment

B.J. Novak would be a sick Otacon. Especally good for the comic relief side on the Codec calls. And yeah, Eric Bana could be a good Snake, especally with the voice. And as much as I'd hate to say, I'd cast Colin Farrell for Liquid. If he has his hair grown out and bleached, he could do it. Especally the european accent.

Viggo or Bana for Solid Snake
      Colin Farrell for Liquid Snake
      David Carridine for Revoler Ocelot
      B.J. Novak for Otacon
      Scarlet Johnannson for Meryl Silverbourgh
      Paul Eiding for Col. Campbell (note: He's the voice actor for Campbell in the game, but he's got the age to pull it off as well)

Now, as far as the story goes, its going to be a purely original story that may or may not fall in somewhere in the "Solid" storyline.
      DELETED

Comment

Why are you guys considering a second actor to play what is essentially a clone of the main character?

Comment

Cause, if they use an actual clone Viggo, it'll look real corny. I'd rather there be no Liquid anyways (for this reason).
          DELETED

Comment

Oh, bitch finally decided to make a movie. GOOD. Then maybe he gets it out of his system so he stops trying to make every fucking metal gear game after MGS half movie/half game. Oh fuck those cutscenes and codec talks pissed me off. I think the longest I got to play was 20 minutes without any interruptions.
            Jesus Christ on a pogo stick

Comment

Well, I seriously hope they don't screw this up since it's a series I've loved since the first time I even touched one of the games.

To me, I don't know if anybody will be a good enough Snake, because much of Snake's charm comes from David Hayter's voice.
              6:megaman89> im 3 league veteran back off

Originally posted by Dreamwin
              3 league vet

Comment

Agreed Phren, same here.
                Hello Denon it appears that you have not posted on our forums in several days, why not take a few moments to ask a question, help provide a solution or just engage in a conversation with another member in any one of our forums?

Comment

fix'd

Originally posted by Dameon Angell
                  B.J. Novak would be a sick Otacon. Especally good for the comic relief side on the Codec calls. And yeah, Eric Bana could be a good Snake, especally with the voice. And as much as I'd hate to say, I'd cast Colin Farrell for Liquid. If he has his hair grown out and bleached, he could do it. Especally the european accent.

Viggo for Solid Snake
                  Colin Farrell for Liquid Snake
                  David Carridine for Revoler Ocelot
                  B.J. Novak for Otacon
                  Scarlet Johnannson for Meryl Silverbourgh
                  Anthony Hopkins for Col. Campbell

Now, as far as the story goes, its going to be a purely original story that may or may not fall in somewhere in the "Solid" storyline.
                  fix'd

ok, to be honest, think about other videogames that eventually came out as movies. do you honestly believe this many high standard actors will play in MGS the movie? probably only viggo, and one other, and a cast of actors no one has ever heard of.
                  Girl if it's alright,
                  100%.

Comment

Originally posted by Denon
                    Agreed Phren, same here.
                    phren posted here?!

and I think Tom Cruise should be solid snake ez
                    sigpic
                    All good things must come to an end.

Comment

Originally posted by Miku19
                      Well, I seriously hope they don't screw this up since it's a series I've loved since the first time I even touched one of the games.

To me, I don't know if anybody will be a good enough Snake, because much of Snake's charm comes from David Hayter's voice.
                      i most definitely agree

Comment

carradine as revolver, i like that idea
                        viggo as snake is a good bet too, but there has to be a liquid snake, especially if they base the movie on the first game
                        Jarlson of> if this game was a girl i would jerk off to it every night

nopcode> sometimes get mates round, have a few beers and play this yes
                        oNe-t> YEAH
                        nopcode> before going out
                        funfunfun> god the fun never stops does it

MageWarrior> I'm so sexy, frog makes me lapdance for him daily

Comment

haha uwe boll
                          NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

Originally posted by scumbag
                            viggo as snake is a good bet too, but there has to be a liquid snake, especially if they base the movie on the first game
                            they won't, though

Comment

Yeah, its an original story that will probably take place sometime between the Shadow Moses Incident and the Big Shell Conflict. That or be an original story not involved with the "Solid" story arch (a la Ac!d).
                              DELETED

Comment

Working...
                              X