Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PS3 Pulling a 360? They'll never learn...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mario kart is good too =)
    ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
    Failure teaches success.

Comment

I beat the New SMB on my first sitting, but it was the best "omg, memories" nostalga moments I've had playing a game since playing the ports of Metal Gear on my PS2.
      DELETED

Comment

If MS drops the price of the 360, I'm definitely switching from the PS platform. Fuck you, Sony, for overpricing this and for trying to sell your bullshit, expensive-assed blu-ray anti-piracy tech as a "feature".

Comment

Well, from a technical standpoint, Blu-Ray is the dominant one. But, with Sony pulling the strings ... HD-DVD has a shot. But, personally, I'd prefer seeing Blu-Ray winning, regardless of 360 vs PS3.
          DELETED

Comment

Assuming it's true that bluray > HD-DVD for quality, isn't blu-ray unreasonably more expensive than hd dvd?

Comment

Apparently the blu-ray discs are much more scratch resistant or you can play them with heavy scratches still ... I'm not 100% sure which way. That and they hold more room which means more room for higher quality.
              DELETED

Comment

Originally posted by Dameon Angell
                Apparently the blu-ray discs are much more scratch resistant or you can play them with heavy scratches still ... I'm not 100% sure which way. That and they hold more room which means more room for higher quality.
                They hold up to a tera-byte of info.
                Originally posted by Tone
                Women who smoke cigarettes are sexy, not repulsive. It depends on the number smoked. less is better

Comment

Yea, but since when are dvds 1 terabyte? You could put like 90 movies on that disc, that shit is absurd. And one terabyte games are stupid as well, nobody would ever beat a game that large, thats like 20 of gta:sa.
                  While I'm sippin herbal teas verbal bees plant fertile seeds
                  Bitches leave with broke backs, swollen palms and purple knees

Comment

Well, that's true, very true..... if you wanted to be playing a PS2 game on a PS3. With the richer graphics and higher quality, the price is... 'you need more room'. With a terrabyte, that's alot of room to make a GTA:SA look like Saints Row with lots of extra attention to detail.
                    DELETED

Comment

Yea, but the ps3 graphics won't be much better than 360 at all, especially not to warrant that size of a disk.

Comment

A terabyte

A fucking terabyte?

Uhm
                        No please do check that because I've only heard 25-50 gigs
                        Terabyte as I understand it is somewhere upwards of a thousand gigs? So uh, fuck no? There's no fucking way you're putting a terabyte on a disc anytime in the plausible future?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blu-ray

Originally posted by Overview

The name Blu-ray is derived from the blue-violet laser it uses to read and write to the chalcogenide disc. A Blu-ray Disc can store substantially more data than a DVD, because of the shorter wavelength (405 nm) of the blue-violet laser (DVDs use a 650-nm-wavelength red laser and CDs an infrared 780 nm laser), which allows more information to be stored digitally in the same amount of space. In comparison to HD DVD, which also uses a blue laser, Blu-ray has more information capacity per layer (25 gigabytes instead of 15), though the ability to effectively manufacture dual-layer Blu-ray pre-recorded media is still in dispute. Sony has released 50 gigabytes recordable BD's and will soon be releasing 50 gigabytes BD media discs.
                        As I understand it, it would take 1000/25 layers on a BD to get a terabyte. Needless to say thats more layers than a BD can ever possibly hold.

Also one last thing is that this super cratch resistance always playing back in spite of said scratch ability is something to which the actuallity of said ability is yet TO BE SEEN. Need I remind you people again about sony hardware.
                        sage

Comment

I figured the terabyte was for conversational usage. But yes, the bigger the disc the more info and higher quality stuff you can lay down on it.
                          DELETED

Comment

Originally posted by Richard Creager
                            . Need I remind you people again about sony hardware.
                            Bitchplz, that's not fair. Sony makes damn good discs, which has been proven.

And what's up with the people in this thread complaining about too much storage? You can never have too much storage.
                            Jesus Christ on a pogo stick

Comment

Now if only they could make hardware that plays discs without breaking, and a scratchproof disc dude? We'll see and nothing has really been proven yet.
                              sage

Comment

Disc formats Sony has introduced

minidisc - failed
                                MultiMedia Compact Disc - was competing with dvd in devolpment, abandoned
                                umd - failed horribly
                                sacd - will soon be crushed by dvd-a if not already
                                bluray -??

Comment

Working...
                                X