Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else have weak spots for terrible movies?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jerome View Post
    Save Ferris is a ska band
    i know, but did the band take the name from that film?

Comment

I actually shoot for really ridiculously bad movies. Sasquatch Hunters, Santa's Slay (starring Bill Goldberg). I will usually rent 2 movies I WANT to watch and then something like this. Some of the funniest conversations I've ever had with people come while watching these. It's like creating an on the spot make-shift cast of mystery science theatre 3000 (minus the lame puppets). That's why I get them.

I'm a sucker for super-fucking-bad horror movies too. The Hills Have Eyes, Wrong Turn, etc. Start to finish, every time. I've watched Fantastic Four start to finish 3 times since HBO/HBO2/etc. started playing it every 3 hours. Hollywood has beaten me into submission...my brain threw in the towel circa age 20 or so.
      PLEASE, DON'T BE MISGUIDED...YA BITIN'. AND I'MA HAVE TA DIS YA, UNDERSTAND MISTA?

Comment

Originally posted by NaiLed View Post
        i know, but did the band take the name from that film?
        Yes.
        PLEASE, DON'T BE MISGUIDED...YA BITIN'. AND I'MA HAVE TA DIS YA, UNDERSTAND MISTA?

Comment

Originally posted by Facetious View Post
          PS: There are several scenes in it where the phrase Save Ferris shows up, hence the name of that terrible band.
          Way to read Nailed.

Yeah, my girlfriend and I have a habit of intentionally renting really bad horror movies as well. We rented one called "Corn" starring that girl from Donnie Darko that was a horror movie about corn. It had something to do with the corn making the sheep crazy. It was pretty entertaining how bad that was. However, the REALLY REALLY bad horror movies I don't think I could watch that many times. There's something about the teen ensemble horror movies that are particularly compelling to me, although I definitely want to see The Hills Have Eyes.

Napoleon Dynamite, as I've said a million times, is mostly for really lame people, and sheep. There are maybe 1.5 minutes of redeeming cinema in that movie. I went into it thinking I'd love it, and was so dissapointed. It's the ghb (the guy from these forums, not the date rape drug) of movies.
          5:gen> man
          5:gen> i didn't know shade's child fucked bluednady

Comment

Ferris Bueller's Day Off
            any bond movie
            Rush Hour 1, 2
            most arnold movies
            the price is right, bitch.

Comment

Originally posted by Pearl Jam View Post
              I actually shoot for really ridiculously bad movies. Sasquatch Hunters, Santa's Slay (starring Bill Goldberg). I will usually rent 2 movies I WANT to watch and then something like this. Some of the funniest conversations I've ever had with people come while watching these. It's like creating an on the spot make-shift cast of mystery science theatre 3000 (minus the lame puppets). That's why I get them.

I'm a sucker for super-fucking-bad horror movies too. The Hills Have Eyes, Wrong Turn, etc. Start to finish, every time. I've watched Fantastic Four start to finish 3 times since HBO/HBO2/etc. started playing it every 3 hours. Hollywood has beaten me into submission...my brain threw in the towel circa age 20 or so.
              You should rent: Stephen king's 'Silver Bullet' sometime... that is one horrible movie. I couldn't stop watching it.. but christ.
              Maybe God was the first suicide bomber and the Big Bang was his moment of Glory.

Comment

Originally posted by Facetious View Post
                Way to read Nailed.

Yeah, my girlfriend and I have a habit of intentionally renting really bad horror movies as well. We rented one called "Corn" starring that girl from Donnie Darko that was a horror movie about corn. It had something to do with the corn making the sheep crazy. It was pretty entertaining how bad that was. However, the REALLY REALLY bad horror movies I don't think I could watch that many times. There's something about the teen ensemble horror movies that are particularly compelling to me, although I definitely want to see The Hills Have Eyes.
                Do yourself a favor and rent "Legion of the Dead" sometime. My girlfriend rented it because the female lead was one of her close friends in college. Turns out, a "legion" is only about 4-5 strong, according to this horrible shitfest. Possibly the best part of this movie is the previews that are included on it, which include a remake of "War of the Worlds" (yes, that's right, the same film premise that Hollywood just did not that long ago) and some sort of Frankenstein movie that looked equally as bad.

Do it up, I promise you won't be disappointed (with how bad it is).
                Music and medicine, I'm living in a place where they overlap.

Comment

Mystery Science Theater 3000.

I've made it through about half of the show. Some of those movies are sooo bad.

Comment

Labyrinth.
                    FREE MANDELA

Comment

Drumline.
                      Originally posted by Jeenyuss
                      sometimes i thrust my hips so my flaccid dick slaps my stomach, then my taint, then my stomach, then my taint. i like the sound.

Comment

Originally posted by Stultus View Post
                        Labyrinth.
                        HAHA......yeah -_-

I have a terribly weak spot for movies from my childhood. To name a few: Heavyweights, First Kid, Kazaam, The Sandlot, Little Rascals, James and the Giant Peach, Home Alone 1 & 2, Look Who's Talking, The Neverending Story... basically all of the movies that the Disney Channel still airs.

Comment

Starship Troopers anyone? I love the action....over all good movie but WOW! what horrible acting! seriously... I got a weak spot for it though...

Comment

Originally posted by CrvenBan View Post
                            Norton played in that movie ? You mean Cameron guy. He's that Stuart Bondek character from Spin city...gtg check out his real name...Alan Ruck
                            wow. you're right i'm wrong. guess i could never actually read the credits on that movie. warm soft gummy bear distracting me

Comment

God I love the Faculty and Starship Troopers.

As well as Cabin Fever, and Half Baked.
                              Originally posted by Tone
                              Women who smoke cigarettes are sexy, not repulsive. It depends on the number smoked. less is better

Comment

the whole U.S teenmovie genre...even though I hate em all, the jokes are lame and the same ones are repeated in every movie of the genre such as slipping and falling, someone confusing one of the charecters as gay or something hated, charecter making love to someone and finding out it's a he or something disgusting, someone accidently running out from an apartment naked into a crowd etc etc... still I just watch them when they're aired on tv even the ones i've seen a gazillion times and I just switch my brains off to laugh unenthusiasticly ha ha ha at the jokes. Somehow I've learned to enjoy the repeation. I guess it's the comfortable feeling of not thinking anything.

Most of my friends especially the females love those movies and never want to watch anything else. If by accident we watch a movie that makes me laugh for real (for example amelie) the most devouted teen comedy fans will trash it the whole time and eventually go play cards in the kitchen. :P that's unfair considering that I don't publicly tell them what I think of teen comedies.
                                Originally posted by Diakka
                                Lets stop being lil bitches

Comment

Working...
                                X