Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 7 wonders of the world

http://www.new7wonders.com/index.php?id=315&L=0

Anyone else seen this? I think it's kind of rediculous to have put up the Eiffel tower, the Statue of Liberty, Christ Redeemer and the Sydney Opera house. Which ones would you pick?

I picked:
    Acropolis
    Colosseum
    Great Wall of China
    Maccu Piccu
    Stonehenge
    Pyramids of Giza
    Easter Island heads
    5:royst> i was junior athlete of the year in my school! then i got a girlfriend
    5:the_paul> calculus is not a girlfriend
    5:royst> i wish it was calculus

1:royst> did you all gangbang my gf or something

1:fermata> why dont you get money fuck bitches instead

god...art history all over again

7 wonders of the world:

all 7 starbucks within one mile of each other downtown. mans greatest feat.

Comment

leaving out the colossus at rhodes makes you dumb. see also the hanging gardens of babylon.

Comment

The criterion was that the "wonder" had to still exist, hence the pyramids were the only remaining original "wonder". The list was devised to "replace" the other six with other manmade feats.
        5:royst> i was junior athlete of the year in my school! then i got a girlfriend
        5:the_paul> calculus is not a girlfriend
        5:royst> i wish it was calculus

1:royst> did you all gangbang my gf or something

1:fermata> why dont you get money fuck bitches instead

Comment

hmmmm, interesting, strange that i haven't heard of this before.

anyway, my 2 cents. i guess i disagree with the decision to make a new list of remaining world wonders. you can hardly compare wonders made BC with wonders made in medieval times, let alone with industrial or modern times. what makes a lot more sense is to make a 7-world-wonders list for each era.. (which also has been done except for medieval times i think)
          it's kinda strange that some of the wonders on that list made in modern times aren't even on the list of seven modern world wonders made by ASCE.. (http://www.ce.memphis.edu/1101/inter.../7wonders.html)..
          Last edited by Dabram; 10-18-2006, 02:12 PM.

Comment

i live near stonehenge. go stonehenge.

Comment

the statue of liberty is a candidate?

someone please explain to me why.
              TelCat> i am a slut not a hoe
              TelCat> hoes get paid :(
              TelCat> i dont

Comment

Originally posted by Dabram View Post
                hmmmm, interesting, strange that i haven't heard of this before.

anyway, my 2 cents. i guess i disagree with the decision to make a new list of remaining world wonders. you can hardly compare wonders made BC with wonders made in medieval times, let alone with industrial or modern times. what makes a lot more sense is to make a 7-world-wonders list for each era.. (which also has been done except for medieval times i think)
                it's kinda strange that some of the wonders on that list made in modern times aren't even on the list of seven modern world wonders made by ASCE.. (http://www.ce.memphis.edu/1101/inter...7wonders.html)..
                Nice post bram, I agree with you all the way..

that link is dead btw, I'd like to see it
                Da1andonly> man this youghurt only made me angry

5:ph> n0ah will dangle from a helicopter ladder and just reduce the landscape to ashes by sweeping his beard across it

Comment

Originally posted by Noah View Post
                  Nice post bram, I agree with you all the way..

that link is dead btw, I'd like to see it
                  fixed.

Comment

thanks
                    Da1andonly> man this youghurt only made me angry

5:ph> n0ah will dangle from a helicopter ladder and just reduce the landscape to ashes by sweeping his beard across it

Comment

omg, we're in there.. Go us!
                      Maybe God was the first suicide bomber and the Big Bang was his moment of Glory.

Comment

Those Easter Island statues are pretty cool.
                        help: (qg) (javs): i think my isp is stealing internet from me.

What's the difference between chopping an onion and chopping a baby? I cry when I chop onions. Type ?go Jav -Chao <ER>
                        MegamanEXE> Chao
                        MegamanEXE> I came from watching Hockey to say this
                        (Sefarius)> ....
                        (Hate The Fake)> LOL
                        MegamanEXE> You are sick
                        MegamanEXE> Good day

Comment

One thing that is interesting but maybe not super crazy enough to warrant a spot here is that the Maryland State House in Annapolis is the oldest state capitol building still in use, and is held together with wooden pegs.
                          USA WORLD CHAMPS

Comment

I agree with Fit.

I think some of the greatest feats of modern man would be:

Hoover Dam
                            Mt. Rushmore
                            St. Louis Gateway
                            Panama Canal
                            Suez Canal
                            Walking on the moon.
                            The Mars Rover... still going after 900 days.. only predicted to run for 90 days.
                            Mega Machines on the Discovery Channel? Some of those machines get my vote too.

Edit:> I've heard that the Great Wall of China being visible from space is a myth. It may be long but it's not that wide. :P
                            Last edited by HeavenSent; 10-18-2006, 08:52 PM.

Comment

What's with making one tiny list out of the whole world? the whole concept is flawed. even funnier was the old 7 wonders, completely euro-centric.
                              incidently, i dont the wonders were ever supposed to be engineering feats, and they definitely weren't useful. if they were civil engineering, they would be stuff like: roman acqueduct, roman roads, egyptian surveying system.

anyway, the jain temple in calcutta gets my vote. if you ever happen to be in the neighborhood, stop by and check it out. i dont care that it's not on the list.

Comment

Working...
                              X