No announcement yet.

7 wonders of the world

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think that in the time period from which the old 7 world wonders come America wasn't even discovered yet or atleast not that much developed to have anything substantial to add. I mean the Pyramids and Hanging gardens of babylon along with the colossus of Rhodos are definatly older then the discovery of america. And I think the other ones are 2.

But looking at the Taj Mahal and the 3 Pyramids of (whats it called again), and taking into account the time it was built, they def. are wonders. Never seen the other old world wonders.
    Maybe God was the first suicide bomber and the Big Bang was his moment of Glory.

Comment

Originally posted by HeavenSent View Post
      I agree with Fit.

I think some of the greatest feats of modern man would be:

Hoover Dam
      Mt. Rushmore
      St. Louis Gateway
      Panama Canal
      Suez Canal
      Walking on the moon.
      The Mars Rover... still going after 900 days.. only predicted to run for 90 days.
      Mega Machines on the Discovery Channel? Some of those machines get my vote too.

Edit:> I've heard that the Great Wall of China being visible from space is a myth. It may be long but it's not that wide. :P
      the new chinese dam owns yours =D
      Originally posted by Diakka
      Lets stop being lil bitches

Comment

Those Easter Island statues are pretty cool.
        They're more depressing than anything, really. Relics of a culture that cannibalized itself for its gods.

I think that in the time period from which the old 7 world wonders come America wasn't even discovered yet or atleast not that much developed to have anything substantial to add.
        Well... yes. The concept of the seven wonders of the world dates to Herodotus IIRC.

I've heard that the Great Wall of China being visible from space is a myth. It may be long but it's not that wide.
        That's correct.

even funnier was the old 7 wonders, completely euro-centric.
        Well, there's a pretty good reason for that. Regardless, I don't know where you got the idea that the Pyramids of Giza and the Hanging Gardens of Babylon are "euro-centric."
        Originally posted by Ward
        OK.. ur retarded case closed

Comment

I think fit's list was quite well thought-out, I think I agree with most of his picks. (I don't necessarily see the point in picking only 7 of so many wondrous things around the earth.)

BUT! It's like COMPLETELY USA centric with Machu Picchu and everything, that's like SOOOOO far away from Europe!
          6:megaman89> im 3 league veteran back off

Originally posted by Dreamwin
          3 league vet

Comment

Originally posted by Vykromond View Post
            Well, there's a pretty good reason for that. Regardless, I don't know where you got the idea that the Pyramids of Giza and the Hanging Gardens of Babylon are "euro-centric."
            so sorry, i was using concept of europe rather loosely. would it be better if i made up a different word? say, mediterranean?

Comment

Originally posted by Fit of Rage View Post

I picked:
              Acropolis
              Colosseum
              Great Wall of China
              Maccu Piccu
              Stonehenge
              Pyramids of Giza
              Easter Island heads
              i disagree with easter island...

Comment