No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Liquid Blue View Post
    Gall didn't even bring up Sarien and yet you assumed he was bitching- TK and Sarien were trying to tell you that you overreacted, they were actually the only two people who weren't saying anything about DG or how this was a convinent fix. By tweaking out on him and assuming he was bitching, you just made the "lol staff" problem become more of a central train of thought in the topic (see TK's post).
    Sarien wasn't saying it was a convenient fix?

Originally posted by Sarien
    But for future reference, when some people get pissed off about something, giving them a candybar doesn't automatically make it ok.
    I was just talking about how Galleleo wouldn't just accept that we figured the stuff out (and apparently DG got more access from DoCk> that I didn't know about) and fixed the avatars. Yea, we didn't need DoCk> to swoop in and fix all our problems like we said we did but we still got them fixed and being harassed because the word was "there's no way in hell without DoCk>" is just ridiculous. I mean... he asked once, I told him I worked it out with DangerGirl, absolutely no sarcasm or "manipulation" (as Sarien called it) in my post but the way he was persistent with his questions, going from "no way to fix this" to "there's no way in HELL to fix this without DoCk>", was basically accusing us of lying to everyone when DG said she couldn't do it. If they did not seem to be accusations to anyone else, what did you see them as? Because after working on this stuff for a couple hours they seemed a lot like accusations to me.

Now, do we really need to drag this out into another thread where people are just arguing or can we just accept that avatars are fixed and we did it without DoCk> having to make a grand reappearance, fix everything in 10 seconds, shake hands with everyone, and leave?

Edit: and as far as Troll King's comment is concerned, I'll tell someone to go fuck themselves before just sitting back and taking what they say. I really didn't see anyone else trying to fix the avatar problem other than DangerGirl. Everyone here just sat around complaining about her not fixing them. If you want to use the "I'm not forum staff" excuse then screw you, I'm not either. If you used half the time you did posting about how avatars weren't being fixed and complaining about DangerGirl for figuring out why avatars weren't working, they might've been fixed weeks ago.
    Last edited by Ikrit; 10-22-2006, 12:41 PM.
    Ban Ikrit

Comment

Originally posted by Ikrit
      Sarien wasn't saying it was a convenient fix?
      Originally posted by Sarien on DG and Ikirit fixing the avatars just to fix them

I don't dispute that at all. But his posturing after the fact is something else entirely.

You overreacted, and that's when things went to "hell".

Yea, we didn't need DoCk> to swoop in and fix all our problems like we said we did
      "no way to fix this" to "there's no way in HELL to fix this without DoCk>", was basically accusing us of lying to everyone when DG said she couldn't do it.

I really didn't see anyone else trying to fix the avatar problem other than DangerGirl. Everyone here just sat around complaining about her not fixing them. If you want to use the "I'm not forum staff" excuse then screw you,
      It's more along the lines of DG saying "nothing could be done until Dock comes in". I'm sure there are plenty of people that would have liked to help fix the situation if it was asked for, but instead the situation was put in the light as a "Dock-only" fixer upper.

Communication is the main problem with DG, as you can see in this situation. People ask about avatars getting fixed, DG says she can't do it and only Dock can fix it. Magically DG and you fix it, then you complain about forum-goers not understanding the situation and not getting off our whiny butts to help.

2+2=5? We can't help you fix a problem if staff tells us there is nothing they, or we can do about it.
      My father in law was telling me over Thanksgiving about this amazing bartender at some bar he frequented who could shake a martini and fill it to the rim with no leftovers and he thought it was the coolest thing he'd ever seen. I then proceeded to his home bar and made four martinis in one shaker with unfamiliar glassware and a non standard shaker and did the same thing. From that moment forward I knew he had no compunction about my cock ever being in his daughter's mouth.

Comment

LB, I keep saying why I reacted the way I did and asking how I should've reacted and you just say I overreacted... did I overreact in the right way?
        Ban Ikrit

Comment

No, you didn't. You should have either let DG answer it and not worry about it yourself, or simply tell him that you and DG figured the problem out somehow. There is no right way to overreact.
          My father in law was telling me over Thanksgiving about this amazing bartender at some bar he frequented who could shake a martini and fill it to the rim with no leftovers and he thought it was the coolest thing he'd ever seen. I then proceeded to his home bar and made four martinis in one shaker with unfamiliar glassware and a non standard shaker and did the same thing. From that moment forward I knew he had no compunction about my cock ever being in his daughter's mouth.

Comment

I thought that was exactly what I did... I could go grab the quote but I'm sure you saw it yourself.
            Ban Ikrit

Comment

If you had left things as they were with post #27, things would have been fine. But you overreacted when you made this post-

For some reason I really didn't foresee people bitching because we fixed them... going outside would be a lot more productive than sitting around trying to complain about something.
              That's what I meant by my last post. Let DG handle comments like that and don't sweat it. You worked hard I understand, and people here appreciate it. Gall was referring to what DG said in connection to the difficulty of the problem, so let DG respond to him.

Shrug it off buddy, and good work.

Comment

Originally posted by Sarien
                Well Ikrit, I'm glad the avatars are fixed. I thank DG and you for fixing them.

But for future reference, when some people get pissed off about something, giving them a candybar doesn't automatically make it ok.

Coming back to insult them however? That usually makes it a lot less ok than if you'd just given the candybar and shut your damn mouth.

Edit: It was a nice way to try to make him look ungrateful though. Well played.
                Hi Ikrit. I like it when people quote me out of context.

Again, I'll say it.

DangerGirl cares a lot about this forum, of that there is no doubt in my mind. She'll go a long way to try to protect it and put a lot of work into it. Her and Ikrit fixed the avatars so that people would have them. That's all, no surreptitious motives, other than hopefully getting people to stop bitching about it.

Notice: She didn't pop back on and tell people to go outside and "quit complaining". Why? Because she knew better.
                "Sexy" Steve Mijalis-Gilster, IVX

Reinstate Me.

Comment

E-DRAMA ffff
                  E-DRAMA ON THE INTERNET< EVERYONE LEAVE
                  USA WORLD CHAMPS

Comment

Who the fuck is Ikrit?
                    Originally posted by Jeenyuss
                    sometimes i thrust my hips so my flaccid dick slaps my stomach, then my taint, then my stomach, then my taint. i like the sound.

Comment

Firstly, I don't know all that much about computers, so without having any sort of power and responsibility as forum staff there is no point in me sticking my nose in if I could help to fix it or not. If people with high powers say it can't be fixed without dock then I trust them to speak the truth because I kinda assume they do know more about it then me.

Second of all.. all I did was pose the question: I thought that dg couldn't fix this. She stated that it could NOT be done without dock. Then being under fire and what not, it gets fixed. It might have got nothing to do with it, but it does look very suspicious.

I do thank you for fixing the avatars, it makes reading the forums alot easier. But I am not allowed to place critical notes?
                      Maybe God was the first suicide bomber and the Big Bang was his moment of Glory.

Comment

This thread is still significant sucks.
                        Originally posted by Ward
                        OK.. ur retarded case closed

Comment

LAUGHING

Comment

Working...
                          X