MP3 Players

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MP3 Players

i made a thread on this a while ago, but now i have some money, and Christmas is coming up, so i'll probably get one soon.

iAudio was the mp3 player to get most votes in my last thread. i'm not sure whether to go all-out on a 60gb iAudio to put my whole collection on or settle for a iPod Nano and only put my favourite albums on.

what's the iaudio like? what about the nano?

The Nano is a very cool player and you don't need to fear songs skipping if you're at the gym or jogging or something.

I have a Creative Zen Vision:M after I took my Nano back. It's cool and is pretty much the most feature rich player out there (the last time I checked).

Comment

I am very happy with my iRiver. For a while, I was annoyed because it couldn't figure out what a track number was or what it should do with it, but I remembered to update my drivers and now I am totally satisfied.

Comment

iRivers are dandy. I'm buying a new computer pretty soon and will probably get an iRiver to go with it. Anything but an iPod, really.
        Originally posted by Ward
        OK.. ur retarded case closed

Comment

ipod nano owns
          1:Da1andonly> korven plays subspace from a 1978 microwave

Grab a piece of paper. Place a dot in the middle of it. Draw a small circle around the dot, and leave the rest open. The dot represents your knowledge. It's what you know. It is the limit of your mind's capacity. The circle around the dot is everything that you don't know - but you know that it exists. And the rest of the paper is everything that you didn't even know that you'd never know - that exists or has the potential to exist.

Comment

I'm going to keep my vote the same and suggest an iAudio.

Comment

Microsoft is releasing the Zune sometime in November, so you might want to check that out.

Comment

are the iriver's really that fat? i saw a few photos of them and they looked pretty chunky. they are quite cheap though. the 20gb ones are anyway.

i'd like to get an iaudio but i've decided they're too expensive

the zen looks good too, although i' not sure about the touchpad. my laptop pisses me off enough as it is

Comment

What do you want from an mp3 player? There are many different features you have to consider.

How much capacity do you want? Flash memory or hard drive?
                  How big do you want the player to be?
                  Do you want to play videos or view pictures?
                  Do you want FM radio or voice recording?
                  Do you prefer a player that uses regular batteries, or ones that you charge through a electrical socket, or ones that charge through USB? Some players take longer to charge than others, and that might be a factor to keep in mind.

Also consider what kind of programs the player needs to transfer files. Some can use the regular OS interface, but others use programs such as iTunes. Sony, for example, uses a program called SonicStage which is very bulky and slow, plus it converts mp3 files to a different file format, effectively doubling the amount of space you use on your computer to store music files.

Comment

i was originally planning to get a mp3 player with about 60gb space on it, so i'd be able to put my entire collection on it. but they seem to be pretty expensive, and i think i have a lot of stuff in my collection that i don't listen to anyway. so now i'm thinking maybe a 20gb (after realising a Nano is about the same or even more expensive as a 20gb mp3 player anyway)

i'm going to uni next year so a voice recorder would be handy

Comment

iPod with Rockbox.

Failing that, there are a bunch of options, I would stick with iAudio X5 or Creative ZVM since they're the only two I remember taking seriously (as opposed to stuff like Toshiba Gigabeat et al).
                      - k2

Comment

iRivers are pretty big, but I don't really go anywhere I would need my music without my bag, so it doesn't make a difference to me.

Comment

Yeah, they're not small. But they're also not iPods!
                          Originally posted by Ward
                          OK.. ur retarded case closed

Comment

i got an iriver h320 for christmas '04, and the thing still beats the newest ipods performance wise. radio, video, text, picture, internal/external recorder, everything. it's relatively big though. i reckon they've gotten smaller in the last 2 years. nonetheless, i still love the thing, only problem i have is that i am out of space (20 gig).
                            Ripper>cant pee with a hard on
                            apt>yes u can wtf
                            apt>you need to clear the pipes after a nice masturbation
                            apt>i just put myself in a wierd position
                            apt>so i dont miss the toilet
                            Ripper>but after u masterbaition it usually goes down
                            apt>na
                            apt>ill show you pictures
                            apt>next time I masturbate

Comment

Nailed, do something for Africa and get that red iPod Nano! It's a great investment i'd say!

Comment

Working...
                              X