Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Opinions from the computer-smart ppl pls?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wait a couple of weeks and buy one the day after thanksgiving. unless you're discount is really good, you'll probably save a lot of money by waiting.

edit: nvm i just remembered you live in canada

Comment

How about THIS one???

http://www.bestbuy.ca/catalog/prodde...gon=&langid=EN
      Kthx> Does JB Inc pay his child support with pub bux?

Undisputed Pre-Menstral Super-Bitch Internet Kickboxing Champion 2005

Comment

LOl

Originally posted by Volcs View Post
        So, my 6 year old computer is finally falling apart. Long story short, it's a piece of crap and everything is so outdated there's no point in keeping anything.

I just bought an huge external hard drive that I'm going to throw all of the music/pictures I want to keep on so that they won't clog up my next comp.
        I'm thinking I'm just going to go with a laptop.

SEE, THERE'S YOUR PROBLEM.
        Last edited by Pummel; 11-05-2006, 10:05 PM.

Comment

Actually, the problem was that I change my mind too often.
          I wrote "I bought an external hard drive" but then decided that that wouldn't sufficiently get the point across, so I threw "huge" in there and forgot to edit the "an" to "a". BUT I'm going to leave it like that just for you.

Vermillion> ::gives volcs a cup of téâ::
          volcs> vermillion, i dont know why my permignore isnt on, but shut the fuck up you stupid cuntbag tea bitch faggot.
          Sounds like me... but I don't remember saying it.
          Last edited by Volcs; 11-05-2006, 11:48 PM.

Comment

dont buy a laptop, i had one, and then i dropped it, and it didnt work anymore, and there went my thousand dollar laptop

so i bought a desktop, and then i dropped the flatscreen monitor, and now it has a crack in the screen, and there goes my 200 dollar monitor

so now i have to buy another monitor

the moral of the story is:

i hate computers
            RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
            RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

Shoulda bought the service plan.

Comment

i use a gateway M505X, fantastic laptop
                NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

edit: Woah that sure was a big pic. Well, maybe someone sees the irony in it.

DG Edit: Much too big.

http://img82.imageshack.us/img82/184...okwhiteyj3.jpg
                  Last edited by DangerGirl; 11-06-2006, 02:10 PM.
                  5: Da1andonly> !ban epinephrine
                  5: RoboHelp> Are you nuts? You can't ban a staff member!
                  5: Da1andonly> =((
                  5: Epinephrine> !ban da1andonly
                  5: RoboHelp> Staffer "da1andonly" has been banned for abuse.
                  5: Epinephrine> oh shit

Comment

Originally posted by ZeUs!! View Post
                    You're going to get 40 conflicting and stubborn opinions and not be any the wiser when the thread dies
                    I agree (getamac) with Zeus.

Get a MacBook/MacBook Pro and I will personally give you Sarien's IM for 24x7 troubleshooting and support.

Comment

I like the TA6 out of those. When you buy a laptop (or notebook as the kids like to call them these days) you get less processing power per dollar, also your upgrading capability is limited. Unless you get a really high end one the graphics card is shit, and you can't really upgrade it.

Especially if you already have a monitor, which you do, you can get a desktop with a processor comparable to those Sempron machines for example for like $500. If you spend $1000 you can get a badass desktop (sans monitor).

I didn't take a really close look just make sure you get a DVD burner and full gig of ram.

If you REALLY want to take your PC for walks to the park and shit, then totally get a lappy. They are fun times too.

Screw Macs, they are hard to get used to. They're only awesome for people graphic design or like sound mixing or whatever the kids call it. They aren't compatible with anything. People make a big deal about being able to run XP on them now but thats a $400 software purchase. It isn't free. Oh ya, and one mouse button? Welcome to the year 2006.

Don't get me wrong, Macs and stable and badass now, but still...
                      Spider
                      Formerly EEK! A Spider!
                      Former TW Moderator, still an all around nice guy

Comment

u can put a multi-button usb mouse in a mac btw. common misconception.

but macs r still crap.

i used to say laptops are crap too, but i've just used one for about a month, coz my pc went anal, and it's really fine lol... Sony Vaio B3VP... it's just fine, and i dropped it and it survived! Exalt Proof!

Comment

Originally posted by Spider View Post
                          Screw Macs, they are hard to get used to. They're only awesome for people graphic design or like sound mixing or whatever the kids call it. They aren't compatible with anything. People make a big deal about being able to run XP on them now but thats a $400 software purchase. It isn't free. Oh ya, and one mouse button? Welcome to the year 2006.

Don't get me wrong, Macs and stable and badass now, but still...
                          I've had a 4 button mouse since I've had a Mac, fuck wad, and that was in early 2002. Second, since when does XP cost $400? Let alone anything, if you have the right means.

Again -- Compatibility is a NON-FACTOR anymore, considering Macs run XP and OSX.
                          Originally posted by Jeenyuss
                          sometimes i thrust my hips so my flaccid dick slaps my stomach, then my taint, then my stomach, then my taint. i like the sound.

Comment

I know two people both who had some Mac laptop (don't know because I'm not gay) that fucked up because their stupid hippie computer thought it was overheating all the time.

Comment

My next hardware purchase will be a mac. A friend of mine has a Macbook Pro, god it rocks.
                              You ate some priest porridge

Comment

Originally posted by geekbot
                                Get a MacBook/MacBook Pro and I will personally give you Sarien's IM for 24x7 troubleshooting and support.
                                Oy.
                                "Sexy" Steve Mijalis-Gilster, IVX

Reinstate Me.

Comment

Working...
                                X