Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oil Price (downfall of Bush Administration)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by genocidal View Post
    Eph is a Bushite.

Telcat: Nobody is stupid enough to think the whole war is solely about oil - let alone be worried solely about oil as an impact of the war. You're not insightful or informed so quit with the aloof cynic attitude.
    Nah, I think that the current administration has sucked. I think most politicians/lawyers suck. I think that there should be a 'None of the Above' choice on every ballet. I think that anyone who polarizes themselves with one party or the other is short-sided and ignoring the truth. I think the same for people who want to make everything into a conspiracy.

But that is just my opinion based on watching political things going on since the 60's. See Spinsanity for more massive experience and intellectual prowess.

Comment

This was posted on Something Awful today and is probably the greatest thing I have ever seen:

http://i.somethingawful.com//sasbi/2...Parlett316.gif

Poor guy.
      Originally posted by Ward
      OK.. ur retarded case closed

Comment

Originally posted by Zerzera View Post
        Rofl no you stupid telcat, the war in Iraq is a war on terrorism and to get their WMD's (WMD's sounds so cool, I just can see Steven Seagal running around in Baghdad)
        Why do you guys buy into 30 second sound bites that the media has fed you? Sure WMD and terrorism were some of the additional justifications given for going into Iraq. But the primary justification was clear, Iraq had consistently ignored every UN resolution to comply with inspections and disarmament.
        By 2002, the United Nations Security Council Resolution 1441 passed the vote offering Iraq "a final opportunity to comply with its disarmament obligations" that had been set out in several previous resolutions (Resolution 660, Resolution 661, Resolution 678, Resolution 686, Resolution 687, Resolution 688, Resolution 707, Resolution 715, Resolution 986, and Resolution 1284).

Additionally weapons that were in violation the UN resolution 1950 (which Iraq agreed to) WERE found and destroyed. Those missiles exceeded the range that Iraq had agreed to...
        Not to mention the fact that Sadam had proven he was capable of committing genocide....
        And what about the largest environmental disaster ever inflicted by a human being when he ordered 11 million barrels of oil intentionally released into the Persian Gulf. This is more than twenty times larger than the Exxon Valdez spill.

Everyone likes to slam going in and removing this asshole from power, but where are (or were) the other solutions to this situation? More UN resolutions? More sitting back and watching this guy commit genocidal? Watch as he raped and burned the environment?

Comment

I would have challenged his squad to a 4v4 duel in ?go twdd.
          Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Originally posted by kthx View Post
            I would have challenged his squad to a 4v4 duel in ?go twdd.
            Sadam uses CE, you would have lost.
            Unless you could have entered into a conspiracy with the Staff. You would have had to offer to pay for their gas and then they would have ban him for you.

Comment

Well he will get caught eventually, and then TWD Mods will dissolve his regime.
              Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Going to war in Iraq was more about recovering from what 9/11 did to the economy, and the PNAC.

And regarding the elections---the Republicans failed because of the broad spectrum of scandals---but most importantly, miserable failure of Iraq. And of course, the price of gas didn't help much, either.

Comment

Originally posted by Ephemeral View Post
                  Why do you guys buy into 30 second sound bites that the media has fed you? Sure WMD and terrorism were some of the additional justifications given for going into Iraq. But the primary justification was clear, Iraq had consistently ignored every UN resolution to comply with inspections and disarmament.
                  By 2002, the United Nations Security Council Resolution 1441 passed the vote offering Iraq "a final opportunity to comply with its disarmament obligations" that had been set out in several previous resolutions (Resolution 660, Resolution 661, Resolution 678, Resolution 686, Resolution 687, Resolution 688, Resolution 707, Resolution 715, Resolution 986, and Resolution 1284).

Additionally weapons that were in violation the UN resolution 1950 (which Iraq agreed to) WERE found and destroyed. Those missiles exceeded the range that Iraq had agreed to...
                  Not to mention the fact that Sadam had proven he was capable of committing genocide....
                  And what about the largest environmental disaster ever inflicted by a human being when he ordered 11 million barrels of oil intentionally released into the Persian Gulf. This is more than twenty times larger than the Exxon Valdez spill.

Everyone likes to slam going in and removing this asshole from power, but where are (or were) the other solutions to this situation? More UN resolutions? More sitting back and watching this guy commit genocidal? Watch as he raped and burned the environment?
                  I'm pretty sure ZZ is being sarcastic Eph. Anyways I'm fine with a war based on fact, on the truth on the ground. This war is anything but. The US and the world didn't care for how many years while Sadam raped his people, thumbed his nose at world consensus, drove many of his people into poverty and economic death? I mean fuck him, he threw people into wood chippers feet first. If Bush came to the world with a plan and a reasonable and logical rational for war (and it was there) not based on the scare of terrorism he would have the support of the world.

Comment

Originally posted by T3l Ca7 View Post
                    Are you sure?

If this war was not about oil then what was it for?

Say taxpayers spent billions on this war, and they can not even expect to get compensated from cheap oil and the economy it boosts. Of course they would be angry.
                    The war was planned during Clintons presidency. Just read the disclosed documents from the National Security Archive. Bush just escalated everything after Clinton. Read Bob Woodwards new book too.

They would love for everyone to think its about oil. If only it was as simple as that.

If you read the documents released from the NSA, you will see that the entire invasion was planned prior to 9/11 and they even mention that to gain national support for the invasion that they would need an attackon American soil...makes you think about the theories in regards to Bush and company knowing before hand about 9/11.

The 9/11 commission report that came out clearly states that there was no connection to 9/11 and Iraq. There where no WMD; and what they found where old materials that the U.S. had supplied to Saddam during the early 80's during the Iran-Iraq wars.

Oil is such a trivial part of all of this and is a smokescreen for those that do not follow the news or pay attention to events. It's a bullshit excuse.

If it was the Oil...then how come nobody is gaining anything from it? The Iraqi's are not...The U.S. has not gained anything from it, in fact the production from Iraq is not even measuarable compared to the other OPEC nations. The pipes are constantly sabotaged. KBR or Bechtel has given up on repairing them and is leaving Iraq.

Iraq is a strategic country that if allied with the U.S. would give it a lauch pad for military installations and influence overthe Iraqi government itself.

Oil...please. Not even a factor.
                    May your shit come to life and kiss you on the face.

Comment

Oil prices are still going down over here, or just chilling at a low area.
                      DELETED

Comment

Anyone trying to justify Bush attacking Iraq will get on my idiot-list.

There maybe many reasons to hate despise etc not like some country and it's
                        "REGIME" LOL but there were no reasons heavy enough to start a war in Iraq.
                        Legal ones.

Everyone on Bush's administration knew that the Iraqis didn't have any of the
                        WMDs, they said that on tv interviews even. Before they started planning a war.

What do you think they are doing in Iraq while american soldiers are dying?
                        Pumping oil, and who does it go to? Not to the free people of Iraq.

Rumsfeld should be in jail, not out of work.
                        Ara / AraGee / Death
                        SSCU Trench Wars Player since 1999
                        SSCU Trench Wars Staff since 2001
                        TWDL, TWL-B, TWL-D, TWL-J, TWDT-J Champion
                        ----------------------------------------------

Comment

Expect gas prices to SOAR in the coming months.
                          Originally posted by Jeenyuss
                          sometimes i thrust my hips so my flaccid dick slaps my stomach, then my taint, then my stomach, then my taint. i like the sound.

Comment

Originally posted by DoTheFandango View Post
                            good thing for me there are gas stations on the military base, and they keep it at a semi decent level.... bad thing for me is im stationed in connecticut, and connecticut has some of the worst gas prices in the united states
                            RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
                            RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

Originally posted by DoTheFandango View Post
                              Noooo I was just getting used to $2 a gallon
                              Pandagirl!

(ph)>12 is just right

In the most dangerous game...warping will only prolong your defeat. ?go warpwars -Chao <ER>
                              1:Chao <ER>> what the FUCK?
                              1:Chao <ER>> I just adverted and no one came
                              1:Chao <ER>> at all
                              1:Mantra-Slider> chao
                              1:Mantra-Slider> you are in the wrong arena
                              Panda <ZH>> ?find chao <ER>
                              Chao <ER> - hero

Comment

Originally posted by Ara View Post
                                Anyone trying to justify Bush attacking Iraq will get on my idiot-list.

There maybe many reasons to hate despise etc not like some country and it's
                                "REGIME" LOL but there were no reasons heavy enough to start a war in Iraq.
                                Legal ones.

Everyone on Bush's administration knew that the Iraqis didn't have any of the
                                WMDs, they said that on tv interviews even. Before they started planning a war.

What do you think they are doing in Iraq while american soldiers are dying?
                                Pumping oil, and who does it go to? Not to the free people of Iraq.

Rumsfeld should be in jail, not out of work.
                                click on the link to the NAS documents I have in my prior post and read them. This was in the works during Clinton's presidency. Nobody is giving anyone in Bush's administration justifications on this invasion.

Your also wrong on the oil. The oil pumped was supposed to reinburse the monies put out for this war and that never happened. The oil being pumped is basically at a stand still in Iraq. The lines and refineries are being hit too often to allow the security of the selling/pumping of the crude.

If you had read the documents I linked that are government released doc.'s you will notice that they had planned the invasion since 1997-98 (pre-Bush) & carried it into Bush's cabinet. The WMD and 9/11 reasons have already been dismissed and is old news that does not have any correlation to why theinvasion happened.

Can you say the word "Profit"...monetary profits that is. Go read Bob Woodwards book and read the de-classified doc.'s that are now available to anyone who wants to read them. Unfortunately 99% of the people that like to talk about this never read this info and just make assumptions.

Yes it is a corrupt war, but get the facts.
                                May your shit come to life and kiss you on the face.

Comment

Working...
                                X