Rocky Balboa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rocky Balboa

Christmas Day, the newest Rocky movie will be released. I am a huge fan of the series ... I dunno what it is, but Rocky makes you so pumped after watching it. Like me and 15 of my family members are gonna go see it. But, my mom thinks they're gonna kill Rocky in the ring, a la Apollo Creed.

I'm thinking no, cause a.) You can't kill Rocky. And b.) You can't kill Rocky on Christmas. Thoughts?
    Yes, they will kill him off to end the series.
    30.00%
    No, you can't kill Rocky!
    70.00%

The poll is expired.

DELETED

They're going to kill off Rocky because they've exhausted any other scenarios.. what is he going to win a title as a 50 year old fighter and set the stage for yet another movie?

Besides, I heard that this movie was based on Rocky training his son to fight.. not positive though.
    7:Warcraft> Why don't white people hit their kids anymore?

Duel Pasta> great
    Duel Pasta> I spilled juice on my face

Tower> NATIONAL WEED YOUR GARDEN DAY

TWLB Champion Season 12
    TWLJ Champion Season 11
    TWLB All-Star Season 10
    Best undeserved TWL title winner in Trench Wars history

Comment

I don't remember it being a title fight.
      DELETED

Comment

As far as I know the story is based on Rocky training for a charity fight.

It would be ridiculous to have Rocky win the fight.
        sdg

Comment

It'd be equally ridiculous to have him die on Christmas day :/
          DELETED

Comment

Nah I don't see Rocky dying in the Ring... they paint Mason Dixon out to be a bad guy and there's no way he could be killed (because then it's like bad on top of bad... there has to be a redeeming quality), unless his son DOES train.

wait, didn't the son always not want to fight? perhaps he does die, and his son steps in. but that's ridiculous, you can't go from joe podunk to rocky jr. in a timeline that would work

btw, does anyone else get chills when they hear that old 80's rocky music playing in part of the advert? and who else already has a CD burned with that 'eye of the tiger'-samped rap song, and that song only?
            NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

Originally posted by Jerome Scuggs View Post
              playing in part of the advert? and who else already has a CD burned with that 'eye of the tiger'-samped rap song, and that song only?
              I admit it.
              2:Entertainer> Supreme Auth> we should all be like: Morh> EIN REICH EIN VOLK EIN FUHRER and then jones and logain would be "SIEG HEIL o/"

Comment

I really, really.....REALLY hope he fucking dirl's.

Comment

only if he is killed by dolph lundgren; otherwise, not happening

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

Originally posted by Jerome Scuggs View Post
                    Nah I don't see Rocky dying in the Ring... they paint Mason Dixon out to be a bad guy and there's no way he could be killed (because then it's like bad on top of bad... there has to be a redeeming quality), unless his son DOES train.
                    Rocky could lose and then his Son comes to fight Mason Dixon in a grudge match. But, seriously, Rocky was never known for some "deep" story line, even as far as that. It's always, "Rocky overcomes unbeatable odds to triumph over his adversary. Always Rocky with that "Never say die" attitude that inspires you. That or, Dolph Lundgren snipes him from the rafters.
                    DELETED

Comment

Do you guys even know who's playing his son? It's Milo Ventimiglia. He's guy who plays Peter Petrelli on Heroes. Just one look at him will tell you he's not going to step into the ring in this film.

Comment

Originally posted by Dameon Angell View Post
                        It's always, "Rocky overcomes unbeatable odds to triumph over his adversary."
                        Uh, the first movie?
                        5:gen> man
                        5:gen> i didn't know shade's child fucked bluednady

Comment

They really need to retire the Rocky movies. It's a bit absurd at this point. Maybe if he was fighting Butterbean or Andrew Golota, then I would be amused.

Originally, this movie was going to be about Rocky developing a new way to cook chicken and beef w/o all the fat and then sell it on HSN and QVC, but they had to change plans due to George Foreman getting upset & threatening a lawsuit. Joan Rivers was to play Balboa's bride too.

Now that would have been entertaining.

Next on the Rocky front....Rocky vs. the cast of Police Academy
                          May your shit come to life and kiss you on the face.

Comment

Seems like Sly is just trying to cash in to me. He's literally 60 fucking years old! In the previews he looks almost plastic...A LOT of work has been done.

I guess I never really paid attention in the previews, but the guy he's boxing is named...Mason Dixon? That's fucking AWESOME. How sweet would it be if his catch phrase was something to the effect of "DON'T CROSS MASON DIXON! THE LINE HAS BEEN DRAWN!"*

*Pound it, Troll King. Pound it.

EDIT: Zeebu's Dolph comment made me laugh.
                            PLEASE, DON'T BE MISGUIDED...YA BITIN'. AND I'MA HAVE TA DIS YA, UNDERSTAND MISTA?

Comment

Originally posted by Troll King View Post
                              Do you guys even know who's playing his son? It's Milo Ventimiglia. He's guy who plays Peter Petrelli on Heroes. Just one look at him will tell you he's not going to step into the ring in this film.

NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

Working...
                              X