Quitting Smoking......???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quitting Smoking......???

Ok. Those who know me will probably assume this is a joke but I can assure you it's not. I haven't had a ciggarette in over two whole days! That is a good thing for somebody who normally smokes like over 25 ciggs a day. Me so proud!

So what I'm asking of those of you who understand this ordeal is for some tips on how to deal with it and what to expect. I smoked heavily for like over 5 years...... I just need to know what is the best way to keep yourself from *never* going back because that is the goal this time. But the worst thing is that it feels like it's been a week since I've had a cancer stick when in reality it's only been like 48 hours. I feel better already though.... (my breath capacity is easier now, the silia are starting to come back to life).... it'd be nice to hear from people here who actually have quit smoking for a period more than a year who were heavy smokers before they quit. How did you do it??!

It's really funny because on Saturday I woke up late and realised how sick I was feeling and actually decided not to have a smoke. Not because I was thinking of quitting at that moment, but just because I knew it would make me sicker to reinakt the previous night's activities..... It's like almost a Zen thing that happened and that is why I'm trying to go with it.

And kids, this is why you never, ever, EVER smoke tobacco. Because it KILLS your bank account!!
    Will Thom Yorke ever cheer up? - ZeUs!!!

The route you want is quitting cold. That takes alot of will power. Whilest breaking the certain habits that lead you to lighting up a cigarette, but is a much more rewarding feel when you finally break that demon. Maybe if that is to much, slowly cut back on the amount you smoke each week. Untill you've gotten your system used to the less and less chemicals it craves. Also a great asset is having friends that can also look out for you. It's a tough battle but it can be won, but you have to really want to quit. That is the biggest part.
    You laugh at me because I am different, and I am laughing at you because you're all the SAME.

Comment

My roommate quit smoking by just refraining from buying cigarettes. At first, we all hated him, because he bummed like 12 billion cigarettes a day. Then he stopped asking for cigarettes, and only smoked them when someone offered. Now he even buys a pack occasionally when he's out drinking, but he's down from 2 packs a day to like 3 cigarettes a day.

Comment

If you are a girl your gender should be your most important reason for quitting smoking. Smoking makes people smell.
        Smelly girls =

As for me, i quit smoking about 4 years ago, i smoked for 6 years until one day i got enlightened and quit it.
        It isn't hard at all once you realise how stupid it is to pay for your own addiction - because cigarettes are only good tasting when you are addicted to them, think of it - most people start smoking when they are drunk and only when they get addicted they are starting to smoke on daily basis and "enjoy" the inhalation of the vile smoke. After approximately a month of non-smoking you'll understand how it _really_ smells. Bleh.

1:Eeks> well that bichix was trying to start conversation with me today
        1:Eeks> and got excited when i said i wanna go drink today =/
        1:Eeks> but i didn't propose anything
        1:Zloy> Why
        1:Eeks> i didn't have anything to fill that box zloy

Comment

I moved down to ultra lights WEEEE!

I have a funny story about smoking...

My friend was quitting because I don’t know why, but anyways. The kid hadn’t had a smoke in about 2 days and I was driving him home from skewl. So naturally I light up as soon as I pull out of the school's parking lot, I turn my stereo and look over. My friends is fucking white as a sheet so I said to him "Dude have a cig" so he said "ok ok fine" and plops on in his mouth, lights, takes about 2 puffs and he starts getting color back in his face. It was pretty fucking awesome!

Comment

lol good story
            Btw aren't light cigs even worse then normal cigs? Same amount of tar ( the bad stuff ) and less nicotine, so you smoke more cigarettes.

I wish I could quit.
            How about I stop now and if someone catches me smoking I will post my nudity pics on the forum.
            Yeah right, FU! long live Cancer!
            some are wise, some are otherwise

1: PolluX> People say I talk too much
            1: Louis XV> Dude you seriously need to stfu!
            1: Louis XV> I still love you, k?

Comment

i am down to two joints a day. i just bought a dime of weed that tastes like it has tobacco in it.
              Originally posted by Yoshiba
              i lag when i smoke weed

Comment

ive never smoked but im thinking about trying pot, maybe just to see what it feels like and smoking it a few times a year, it not being addictive. its good that you quit though, if i were you i would take some sort of food like gum and take one every time i wanted a cig. i dunno.
                Ripper>cant pee with a hard on
                apt>yes u can wtf
                apt>you need to clear the pipes after a nice masturbation
                apt>i just put myself in a wierd position
                apt>so i dont miss the toilet
                Ripper>but after u masterbaition it usually goes down
                apt>na
                apt>ill show you pictures
                apt>next time I masturbate

Comment

Originally posted by PolluX
                  lol good story
                  Btw aren't light cigs even worse then normal cigs? Same amount of tar ( the bad stuff ) and less nicotine, so you smoke more cigarettes.
                  i have no idea lol... at least its nicotine... it gets me through the day

and o yea

pots great

Comment

Originally posted by za gophar
                    ive never smoked but im thinking about trying pot, maybe just to see what it feels like and smoking it a few times a year, it not being addictive. its good that you quit though, if i were you i would take some sort of food like gum and take one every time i wanted a cig. i dunno.
                    Dude, pot isn't addictive.

Comment

Blast, he said "it not being addictive" right in there. Anyways, MG good luck with quitting. My dad quit a few months ago, and he's still having withdrawl symptoms. Trust me, If you're going to quit, do it completly. If you hang around smoke and stuff you'll get cravings more easily and after a while, like Zloy said, you'll really start to hate the smoky smell.
                      5:royst> i was junior athlete of the year in my school! then i got a girlfriend
                      5:the_paul> calculus is not a girlfriend
                      5:royst> i wish it was calculus

1:royst> did you all gangbang my gf or something

1:fermata> why dont you get money fuck bitches instead

Comment

Originally posted by Blast

Dude, it is for people who are trying to climb social ladders and build some sort of reputation for themselves. Scott, I haven't been able to get high since mid winter break. It just doesn't do it for me anymore. Send me heroin.

Comment

Originally posted by Blast
                          It is for people with low will power

Comment

90% of the kids at my high school smoke pot. I do mean 90%.
                            5:royst> i was junior athlete of the year in my school! then i got a girlfriend
                            5:the_paul> calculus is not a girlfriend
                            5:royst> i wish it was calculus

1:royst> did you all gangbang my gf or something

1:fermata> why dont you get money fuck bitches instead

Comment

pot is like subspace mother fuckers
                              Originally posted by Yoshiba
                              i lag when i smoke weed

Comment

Working...
                              X