Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did anyone's computer randomly restart in the last hour or so?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yea it happened to me 2 nights back, in the middle of the night windows popped up from update that it was restarting my computer and I could cancel, but it kept popping up and I couldn't stop it, so it restarted, and right after it had restarted, it had another update.

Must have been one important update because it doesn't auto update on my computer, it only tells me it has new updates. I have the option of auto updating turned off. But this one did for some reason.
    Maybe God was the first suicide bomber and the Big Bang was his moment of Glory.

Comment

It's windows update. Microsoft wants to update your browser to IE 7.0, and some other small things. It did it at all the computers where I work yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by Blood View Post
        Windows XP restarts by itself by default whenever it experiences a critical error (blue screen). You can turn this off and get to look at the blue screen and actually decide whether to restart or not on your own.
        how?
        In my world,
        I am King

sigpic

Comment

I think it was windows update. It must have been mega-critical though as I have my updates set to "notify" only. That is I have to download and install them myself. (And for the record, it hasn't updated my IE.
          USS Banana after years of superior jav play has amassed 17999 kills, he is 1 kill away from 18k, Type ?go Javs FOR A GAME OF HUNT (no scorereset) -Kim
          ---A few minutes later---
          9:cool koen> you scorereseted
          9:Kim> UM
          9:Kim> i didn't
          9:cool koen> hahahahahahaha
          9:ph <ZH>> LOOOOL
          9:Stargazer <ER>> WHO FUCKING SCORERESET
          9:pascone> lol?

Comment

Originally posted by Ewan View Post
            I think it was windows update. It must have been mega-critical though as I have my updates set to "notify" only. That is I have to download and install them myself. (And for the record, it hasn't updated my IE.
            That's what I said.
            Maybe God was the first suicide bomber and the Big Bang was his moment of Glory.

Comment

Originally posted by Galleleo View Post
              That's what I said.
              THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID

Comment

hahahah.. this is why you do NOT have windows automatic updates on
                jee

Comment

Working...
                X