No announcement yet.

What The Fuck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rudy, the problem is that the people who use this forum the most (and yeah I fall in that category, i'm like 7th in posts or something) have no say in whats going on. You just change it and let it go and see what happens. Thats not how you need to do things, you need to bring them to us and ask us what we think BEFORE you do something. Does everything have to be democratic, no of course not, but at present nothing is, and that pisses people off. They see these forums as being run by two people who are mostly in the background, who don't listen to what they have to say, and do things the way they want too. They see people get banned for tame stuff, and then hardcore stuff goes unchecked. Furthermore, when you add a 'we can ban anyone, anytime, if we deem it appropriate' rule, and then say "Oh, this is just for the bad apples" nobody is going to believe you. Just who is a bad apple? Wark, Money - people who aren't well liked within the community, but are smart enough to stay just within the boundaries, or people like me, who are voicing my concerns and will continue to do so. Maybe i'm a bad apple and deserve to be banned. Maybe everybody is.
    The only TWO TIME TWLJ All-Star and TWLB All-Star who never played a game.

Originally posted by Richard Creager
    All space detectives come armed with tcp/ip persona blasting pistols, it's required for their line of duty. Silly of both maisoul and goddess to not know this before hand, they get what they deserved, fucking zapped, bitches.

Comment

i like the multi-quote thing
      very handy, and time saving.

that's all i can quote....

get us better emoticons if you want to upgrade.
      sigpic
      All good things must come to an end.

Comment

I say change it back, why does TW staff feel the need to change everything that is fine.
        lol GA trying to make a joke:

1:Golden_Aim> sle
        1:sleuth> sup
        1:Golden_Aim> you wanted the bd for saturday?
        1:Golden_Aim> is your dada gay
        1:sleuth> ?
        1:revolt> rofl
        1:revolt> ur so bad
        1:Golden_Aim> LOL
        1:Golden_Aim> DAMN
        1:sleuth> i dont get it
        1:Golden_Aim> im laffin irl im so bad

Sweeper> .?ignore is for weaklings

Comment

Rudy take the players in your zone's advice. Change it back to what it was before.

Was there any "I hate the forum color" threads before you guys changed it?
          I failed to see them. :/
          lol GA trying to make a joke:

1:Golden_Aim> sle
          1:sleuth> sup
          1:Golden_Aim> you wanted the bd for saturday?
          1:Golden_Aim> is your dada gay
          1:sleuth> ?
          1:revolt> rofl
          1:revolt> ur so bad
          1:Golden_Aim> LOL
          1:Golden_Aim> DAMN
          1:sleuth> i dont get it
          1:Golden_Aim> im laffin irl im so bad

Sweeper> .?ignore is for weaklings

Comment

Originally posted by Rudy View Post
            You guys aren't helping any.
            You're repeating each other, telling us over and over how much they suck. We get it, you don't like it!

Instead, give us suggestions of some alternative titles and descriptions. We spent maybe an hour thinking them up, as we thought they needed a little revamping to go with the launch of the new, complete skin. Sure everything was simple beforehand and we're still trying to maintain that element while also looking to tie in the zone with the forum in some zany spaceship oriented fashion. Why? Because it's a forum for a 2d spaceship game. That's more than enough reason right there. Hell, ssforums stole the idea of the Wormhole right from my thought synapsis days after I originally suggested all this to DG. You don't see their members whining about it. Harden the fuck up.

Suggestion #1- Old names again, the new ones aren't funny and don't help tie the forums to the spaceship game.

Admit it, they were getting stale and was already pretty sad. For example, I had trouble keeping down my lunch every time I read Musical Differences on my screen. ZeUs knows his shit, but I fear that he was suffering from the disease known as sobriety when he had that particular subforum created.
            Suggestion #2- Stop projecting, just because she thought the titles were getting stale or stupid doesn't mean they were; I saw no complaints about them before and there wasn't a need to change them. You had trouble keeping your lunch down every time you read Musical Differences? Are you shitting me? Harden the fuck up.

So work with us here. Give us some constructive criticism for once. We're trying to provide you with some kind of positive experience that doesn't involve a social lynching you can beat off to. Not everything has to be a Goddamn soap opera.
            Suggestion #3- Learn from the past. If people have flipped out on stupid shit before who thought it was a good idea to dump this shit down without any kind of warning or asking the opinion of the public that uses these forums? If you want things to run smoothly here you're going to need input from the people that use the forums on a frequent basis.

Suggestion #4- Ask for opinions/ideas on title changes from the people that post here rather than spending an hour on AIM or in SS private chat thinking up unfunny shit, especially considering you both don't even interact with the community.

As for that clause we added to the rules, I prefer it not need be exercised.
            Essentially it is a safety net that states if you post material that is not suitable for these forums, but would normally escape moderation due to a technicality, it is no longer protected. We're going to be bringing in a couple of new forum smods to do the moderating grunt work that I can't seem to get away from. The last thing I want for them is to feel uncomfortable doing their job with you ravenous vultures hovering over them whenever they come across something questionable.
            Suggestion #5- They wouldn't have to feel uncomfortable doing their job if they interact with the community and not go out of their way to threaten or flaunt with their powers.

I'm sure she won't mind me quoting this, but DG summed up both our stances on this when she said...
            If you find it in you to disagree with that statement, you need a smack in the head.
            You both need a smack in the head and some serious social skills, god help the people you manage in real life.
            My father in law was telling me over Thanksgiving about this amazing bartender at some bar he frequented who could shake a martini and fill it to the rim with no leftovers and he thought it was the coolest thing he'd ever seen. I then proceeded to his home bar and made four martinis in one shaker with unfamiliar glassware and a non standard shaker and did the same thing. From that moment forward I knew he had no compunction about my cock ever being in his daughter's mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by Nickname
              Furthermore, when you add a 'we can ban anyone, anytime, if we deem it appropriate' rule, and then say "Oh, this is just for the bad apples" nobody is going to believe you. Just who is a bad apple? Wark, Money - people who aren't well liked within the community, but are smart enough to stay just within the boundaries, or people like me, who are voicing my concerns and will continue to do so. Maybe i'm a bad apple and deserve to be banned. Maybe everybody is.
              Keep in mind I am on the outside not being part of forum staff, I did speak to Rudy about this. The way he explained the addition to the rules was that that section lends flexibility to the already established rules so people who do a lot of really bad things here can not just get off on a technicality. This does not open the door to abuse or 'on the fly' rule making. Removing bad apples is one thing, and I think Dangergirl has shown us she has no intention of doing anything of the sort, making sure that when they fuck up we can get them out of here without them pointing to some holy piece of text to save their ass or staffer friend, is another.

Comment

Originally posted by Troll King
                These changes aren't big enough to warrant this many complaints about them. Yes, they may not be popular with some people, but in the end, they're all superficial changes anyways.
                To some people, they are a big change and alot feel compelled to complain- ever since the Sarien issue, shit has been getting worse in terms of admin / forum community communication and this is just another example. They might be superficial changes but the way they're handled simply repeats the underlying theme that the admins don't give a shit about the community's opinion, which is why I think there's so much unrest in the first place.

You can change the look of the forum (and I've thankfully had it on the original setting), but you can't change the mood as easily. When the people feel like their voice isn't getting heard, they're going to do stupid shit and complain as shown in the numerous threads.

Originally posted by Jerome
                I suggest DoTheFandango be banned for breaking the rules. This is not a Conspiracy Theory, a Campfire Story, a Homebrew Recipe, or a disasterous Date Story. It is merely a legit complaint about the forums.Recommended move to Trash Talk and an Immediate Ban.
                ah ah ah, that's Death Threats and an Immediate Ban, I don't know what this 'Trash Talk" is that you speak of.

Originally posted by JT
                Whether it's due to her busy schedule, lack of social skills, or maybe she sees being a forum admin as nothing more than another bullet-point on her resume (CV, for you Euros). Either way, it's becoming pretty clear that the forum admins consider the community nothing more than an afterthought. Seriously, does anyone know of another forum? I'm getting really disappointed about this kind of shit becoming a weekly occurrence. It's not dramatic, nor thought provoking or funny...it's just getting old and I'm losing interest.
                Penny Arcade forums, SA forums, Warbucket forums, there's a couple of good ones. You just have to look around.
                My father in law was telling me over Thanksgiving about this amazing bartender at some bar he frequented who could shake a martini and fill it to the rim with no leftovers and he thought it was the coolest thing he'd ever seen. I then proceeded to his home bar and made four martinis in one shaker with unfamiliar glassware and a non standard shaker and did the same thing. From that moment forward I knew he had no compunction about my cock ever being in his daughter's mouth.

Comment

Make the new skin default so new users and the such will see it, seeing as it can be already changed. The descriptions/titles are just blah.
                  Girl if it's alright,
                  100%.

Comment

changes are good... making the forum colour scheme to match main page is good. having kill-my-eyes-red as background is a no no. after reading one thread with the new theme, my eyes are tired already. maybe tone down the red a bit
                    1 + 1 = 1

Comment

Listen:
                      Last night I was coming down off a giant party (I'm talking around 100 people) and now I realized how mean I was.

But the point still should remain. There are people on here that have been in the community for 4+ years, and literally have NO say in what goes on here on a daily basis. This is no democracy, and that is my main complaint.

I'm not asking for the people that I like to be mods, and I don't want that to be what is coming across, it's just that I want there to be some sort of process to avoid this noise again.
                      Originally posted by Jeenyuss
                      sometimes i thrust my hips so my flaccid dick slaps my stomach, then my taint, then my stomach, then my taint. i like the sound.

Comment

Originally posted by DoTheFandango View Post
                        I demand that everything be changed back to how it was before DangerGirl fucked it up.

Better yet, fucking ban me so I don't have an excuse to look at this shit.

Not even fucking Heller Keller would find this attractive, who in their right fucking mind thought this shit was a good idea? We look like some fucking CounterStrike clan forum now.

The fucking names are retarded. Literally, fucking retarded. I would write more effective titles with my cock slapping against a talk-and-type for hours on end. Nothing is funny, what reason do you have to changing all the shit that has been constant for months upon months.

Fuck this shit, and fuck you too DangerGirl! Thank god I can switch themes back to the old one, I'd rather have my nuts sucked by leeches than look at that screen for more than 2 minutes.
                        Sounds as if you dislike this layout or something :grin:
                        1:abbot> i think i played well
                        1:brookus> abbot last time i checked YOU lost
                        1:brookus> so im going to say that YOU sucked as well

7:Sleuth> HOW DO YOU FUCKS SAY CRACKER
                        7:Vue> WE SAY CRACKER
                        7:Vue> U DIPSHIT

7:Rampage Jackson> wtf are you guys drunk or 15?
                        7:Vue> lol jackson when sleuth is online everyone becomes 15

oar> i got rejected from Stray
                        oar> and both of their caps are on my personal chat
                        oar> but its ok

Comment

Well, to be fair, DG is open to suggestions if you talk to her in game.

The one and only problem is still that neither forum admin represents the community. If Zeus made these changes, nobody would bitch about it, be honest. That's because we know and like Zeus. Right now we have one forum admin that we don't know (DG) and one that we don't like (Rudy) and it sucks. I do appreciate your post, Rudy, as it's the first post you've posted in a while that actually asked for our input instead of completely bitching. Still, you make it very clear that you dislike the majority of the forum community. If you do, why don't you step down from being an admin? It makes no sense that you'd want to do this, given that you say all the time that you don't want to do this. You're not going to win us over the way you're going about communicating. If you apologize for being a dick, and say, "hey, can we start over" I think eventually things could work out. Sounds corny, but I suspect it's true. Otherwise, you really need to step down.
                          5:gen> man
                          5:gen> i didn't know shade's child fucked bluednady

Comment

Originally posted by Facetious View Post
                            Well, to be fair, DG is open to suggestions if you talk to her in game.

The one and only problem is still that neither forum admin represents the community. If Zeus made these changes, nobody would bitch about it, be honest. That's because we know and like Zeus. Right now we have one forum admin that we don't know (DG) and one that we don't like (Rudy) and it sucks. I do appreciate your post, Rudy, as it's the first post you've posted in a while that actually asked for our input instead of completely bitching. Still, you make it very clear that you dislike the majority of the forum community. If you do, why don't you step down from being an admin? It makes no sense that you'd want to do this, given that you say all the time that you don't want to do this. You're not going to win us over the way you're going about communicating. If you apologize for being a dick, and say, "hey, can we start over" I think eventually things could work out. Sounds corny, but I suspect it's true. Otherwise, you really need to step down.
                            Nay sir, Zeus wouldn't make these changes and if he did everyone would most likely dissaprove but in a jokingly manner/friendly manner.
                            Girl if it's alright,
                            100%.

Comment

Face hit it on the nose.

Just ask us, we'd be willing to submit to whatever S&M fucked up shit you subscribe to.
                              Originally posted by Jeenyuss
                              sometimes i thrust my hips so my flaccid dick slaps my stomach, then my taint, then my stomach, then my taint. i like the sound.

Comment

People would be alot more open to title changes if they had a say in what they were being changed too. Your best bet would be to throw out a few suggestions and have majority rule over what the titles should be, if you truly think the old ones are getting stale.

Comment

Working...
                                X