Stupid *

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ewan View Post
    He also though that The Sun was unique, and that everything we could see in the night's sky was reflecting The Sun's light.
    I met a girl at a lecture/star party that had no idea what "those lights" were in the sky. She asked about a certain bright one, and I told her that was Jupiter, a planet.

Then she said, "Oh, so those lights are planets!"

Ferengi Rule of Acquisition #98: Every man has his price.

Comment

It's funny considering his name.

Comment

I just told my roommates that I saw this movie and while I was telling the story, they said they wouldn't have known the awnser theirself... Damn these fuckers need to lay off the pot and booze. I am living with retards! ^-^
        some are wise, some are otherwise

1: PolluX> People say I talk too much
        1: Louis XV> Dude you seriously need to stfu!
        1: Louis XV> I still love you, k?

Comment

Everything fucking moves around here.
          f

Comment

I meant it more in relation to the other planets... Just simply speaking, only planets and dwarf planets have an orbit around the sun. The sun doesn't orbit around a planet, and planets don't orbit around anything other then the sun.

Simply said, the sun doesn't move and the planets orbit around it.

And I know you all like to think my name is just a big misspelling of Galileo Galilei, but it's not.
            Maybe God was the first suicide bomber and the Big Bang was his moment of Glory.

Comment

Originally posted by Galleleo View Post
              I meant it more in relation to the other planets... Just simply speaking, only planets and dwarf planets have an orbit around the sun. The sun doesn't orbit around a planet, and planets don't orbit around anything other then the sun.

Simply said, the sun doesn't move and the planets orbit around it.

And I know you all like to think my name is just a big misspelling of Galileo Galilei, but it's not.
              do you seriously think the sun doesnt move?

Comment

i guess only countries that was interested in the space race knows anything about the space
                sigpic
                All good things must come to an end.

Comment

Originally posted by Stompa View Post
                  do you seriously think the sun doesnt move?
                  From the frame of reference he is using, it is more or less a correct assertion
                  USA WORLD CHAMPS

Comment

Good thing the Netherlands has such excellent schools where each and every school is exactly as good as another, and everyone gets a top flight education...

Sorry couldn't help myself.
                    Epinephrine's History of Trench Wars:
                    www.geocities.com/epinephrine.rm

My anime blog:
                    www.animeslice.com

Comment

You think about me what you want.. I couldn't care less. But as I said before, I oversimplified it to stipulate that the sun wasn't orbiting around any planet.
                      Maybe God was the first suicide bomber and the Big Bang was his moment of Glory.

Comment

Comment

One thing strikes me in this thread. Firstly, through the stories that have been told, we're collectivly and comparitivly an intelligent bunch. Secondly, that we seem to think anyone is stupid when they don't know something we do. We've been taught this from a young age so it may seem like common knowledge but it evidently isn't.

One thing I personally struggle with is that I assume everyone knows everything that I do and I'm shocked when a person doesn't know. I guess that's whats happening here, just because they don't know what a star is or something other celestial fact in which they would have had to have read about it from a textbook, it doesn't (imo) make them dumb.

Comment

ROFL.

I just explained this to my mother coz I couldn't believe so many people got it wrong. So she asked what the question was and I told her...

... she said, The Sun.

Oh my gawd.
                            Hello Denon it appears that you have not posted on our forums in several days, why not take a few moments to ask a question, help provide a solution or just engage in a conversation with another member in any one of our forums?

Comment

Originally posted by Superted View Post
                              One thing strikes me in this thread. Firstly, through the stories that have been told, we're collectivly and comparitivly an intelligent bunch. Secondly, that we seem to think anyone is stupid when they don't know something we do. We've been taught this from a young age so it may seem like common knowledge but it evidently isn't.

One thing I personally struggle with is that I assume everyone knows everything that I do and I'm shocked when a person doesn't know. I guess that's whats happening here, just because they don't know what a star is or something other celestial fact in which they would have had to have read about it from a textbook, it doesn't (imo) make them dumb.
                              Perhaps, but knowing about the planets is not something you learn from a textbook. Hell a magazine article will show you a pretty picture of it...or...google does. Like if someone uses a word that I don't remember what it means, I just look it up before I respond so that I don't sound ignorant (and I'm not anymore at that point!).

I played trivial pursuit with my cousin, who is very well educated and learned, and her friends. Her friend wasn't so smart which answered why she didn't want to play with us. She didn't know which continent held India. Another friend was asking about intercontinental flights, and I told them it means they fly to different continents. They didn't know what continents were and couldn't therefore name them

And I realize that there are a number of people who don't know all the continents, who don't know that the Battle of Hastings was responsible for the introduction of French into the English government and the language.

For me it comes down to the people I am friends with. A lot of people from my past schools, 10 years later, probably couldn't pinpoint Brazil on a map. Friends from HS would make me feel inferior since I couldn't name the royal lineage of Belgium.

And it's not that that is the level to which I hold my friends. I'm just agreeing with Superted about our close mined circles and who we exclude because of something they don't know, for whatever reason. Maybe the guy in the video just never gave a damn about space or the universe.

However, going onto the millionaire game, you better be ready to answer questions that 4th graders can answer. No mercy for this dude :/

PS - is it that Gall is telling us the sun stands still in repect to the movement of all the planets? If so that makes sense. Additionally, the sun
                              (and the solar system) is revolving about the center of the Milky Way at about 150 miles per *second* (over a half-million miles/hour)

Finally: รก la Brian Regan http://files.foundrymusic.com/audio/TheBigYellowOne.MP3

Comment

Galleleo broke space.
                                You ate some priest porridge

Comment

Working...
                                X