24: Season 6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 24: Season 6

Four episodes in, and I have to ask: was that fourth hour the biggest episode ever?

Yes. Bauer seems to have lost his spirit for the kind of work he does and he might have lost the nerves that he's had in the past. Inevitably, he will not go through with his so called vows to "quit" the job because of the nuclear bomb going off. However, Curtis is a big loss for the show as he was always a great field agent (even if always being a few steps behind Jack).

Overall, this season seems like it will not disappoint, and if you guys haven't started watching 24, you better go get the season premiere (4 hours, which is out on DVD tomorrow), or download it or something, and then continue watching it every week on Monday night. It really is a great show.
    7:Warcraft> Why don't white people hit their kids anymore?

Duel Pasta> great
    Duel Pasta> I spilled juice on my face

Tower> NATIONAL WEED YOUR GARDEN DAY

TWLB Champion Season 12
    TWLJ Champion Season 11
    TWLB All-Star Season 10
    Best undeserved TWL title winner in Trench Wars history

Comment

I had class tonight so i missed the 2episodes. without any spoilers, how kickass was it compared to the first two hours?
      the price is right, bitch.

Comment

I'm cool cause I watched it a week before most you guys!

More seriously though, it's great so far.
        USS Banana after years of superior jav play has amassed 17999 kills, he is 1 kill away from 18k, Type ?go Javs FOR A GAME OF HUNT (no scorereset) -Kim
        ---A few minutes later---
        9:cool koen> you scorereseted
        9:Kim> UM
        9:Kim> i didn't
        9:cool koen> hahahahahahaha
        9:ph <ZH>> LOOOOL
        9:Stargazer <ER>> WHO FUCKING SCORERESET
        9:pascone> lol?

Comment

Hoyl Sh;t
          USA WORLD CHAMPS

Comment

I'd never watched 24 really before, as I've never known when it's on, so I miss the first couple episodes, and then I'm confused. With the four episodes in the last couple days, I flipped to Fox expecting to find the Simpsons and got hooked. I can't say it's great art or anything, but it's action-packed enough (The only couple episodes I've seen in the past focused WAYYYY too much on that supremely annoying woman that always looks sad and confused that works in the control room or whatever, how awful of an actress is that woman? I hate her so much.) to keep my attention. The politics of the show kind of irritate me, at least the way it seems from these episodes, the show has quite a warmongering bent, we'll see how it ends up though, I guess. Overall, I can't answer your question because I haven't really seen the show before, but I certainly found the show enjoyable, despite how corny it is.
            5:gen> man
            5:gen> i didn't know shade's child fucked bluednady

Comment

This show is getting us mentally prepared for a military presence and desensitizing us to "detention center" modern-day concentration camps. Interesting how the New Simpsons episode also has the military taking over Springfield and characters are put into a barbed-wire fence camp. Kiefer Southerland played the voice of the leading general who was performing martial law. Talk about being type-casted.

I don't know his name, but in the second night of 24 the President's wife's husband, the one who gets arrested and then taken into the "interrogation" room was classified as an "unlawful combatant" by the FBI officer when his wife/attourney demanded to see him. Think about that term: "unlawful combatant". This isn't being used for a soldier captured in combat, it is given to the man who's wife destroyed evidence by deleting the Muslim names on her hard drive. It was an illegal move, but now her husband has not been arrested, he has been declared an "unlawful combatant".

This term combines the idea of law from "unlawful" and the idea of war in the word "combatant". The first idea is for police law enforcement, the second idea is handled by military combat troops. With a single phrase "unlawful combatant" has been used to combine the police and military into one unit. Police are taught laws and how to respond to help, troops are trained to kill. Now they are being merged. Meanwhile, those accused of normal misdemeanors and felonies are being lumped in with terrorists and prisoners of war; and are refused the rights set up by international law afforded to POW's.

How does this make us more safe? I'm not sure. But it clearly undermines the integrity of the ideas which America has always supposedly stood for. This is all in reference to the Patriot Act and the Miliatary Commisions Act which were each passed since 9/11. According to them, Habeus Corpus is revoked; you no longer have to be tried with a crime, they can hold you indefinately and not allow you to see a lawyer, or even have to notify your family of where you are. 24 is getting you ready for these things, and I suggest you take it to heart. These laws are being passed for a reason.

You probably missed 60 minutes because it was on around the time that 24 aired, but President Bush was interviewed. He said that even if congress denies the 20,000 troop surge, he'll do it anyways. Well, unless we're in a declared war, he should not have the power to deploy troops without congress consent. The big issue in this show is obvious. If you give up your privacy and liberal rights of the Constitution, its regretable, but necessary to make us safe and secure. Another effect of us giving up power is that one man gets it all. How does giving more power to one body or president make us more safe? Checks and balances were created for a reason, and they are being removed. Hopefully we see through this shit.

Comment

Originally posted by Facetious View Post
                I'd never watched 24 really before, as I've never known when it's on, so I miss the first couple episodes, and then I'm confused. With the four episodes in the last couple days, I flipped to Fox expecting to find the Simpsons and got hooked. I can't say it's great art or anything, but it's action-packed enough (The only couple episodes I've seen in the past focused WAYYYY too much on that supremely annoying woman that always looks sad and confused that works in the control room or whatever, how awful of an actress is that woman? I hate her so much.) to keep my attention. The politics of the show kind of irritate me, at least the way it seems from these episodes, the show has quite a warmongering bent, we'll see how it ends up though, I guess. Overall, I can't answer your question because I haven't really seen the show before, but I certainly found the show enjoyable, despite how corny it is.

God I hate that bitch, me and my girlfriend each said the same thing as you, why is this fucking whore pouting at everyone and why is she respondible for like defending us? Every new scene makes her start crying, she works in national intelligence, you would think she would be mentally stable enough to deal with a terrorist threat. And what's with the fucking joker boyfriend sleezeball who is always jacking off and compromising the investigation and disobeying orders. He can't be fired because we lack the man power? I mean comeeeee ooooooooooooooonnnn!!!!!!

Comment

Obviously face hasn't, but if you had watched the last 4 seasons or so you would have a better understanding of her (Chloe's) character. I thought she was annoying as fuck in the beginning, now I don't mind so much.

Also, again with the brainwashing? Why can't anyone ever just enjoy watching the show without thinking OMG GOVERNMENT USING IT TO TURN US INTO POLICE STATE!!1!
                  They do have people on the show fighting to prevent the camps you know, and they cited a whole bunch of reasons why it's bad
                  USA WORLD CHAMPS

Comment

Question ...

Is it alright if I watch Season 6 if I've only seen the first two seasons of 24? Will the season make sense?

Comment

Originally posted by Sufficient View Post
                      Question ...

Is it alright if I watch Season 6 if I've only seen the first two seasons of 24? Will the season make sense?
                      Just watch it Suff, man chasing terrorists is all you the background info you need.

Comment

Yeah as I said, I've never seen any 24 and I could follow it fine.
                        5:gen> man
                        5:gen> i didn't know shade's child fucked bluednady

Comment

Well, you sorta do miss the background between the new President and Jack, but that was somewhat minimal to begin with.

I love the new season. I'm so fucking pumped for next Monday.
                          Originally posted by Jeenyuss
                          sometimes i thrust my hips so my flaccid dick slaps my stomach, then my taint, then my stomach, then my taint. i like the sound.

Comment

Off topic ... but DTF ... I just learned how to make Mulligatawny soup ... from that Seinfeld episode (your avatar).

http://www.topsecretrecipes.com/reci...d=93&agree=yes

It's amazingly good.

Comment

I urge you guys to rent/purchase the past seasons of 24, I didn't start watching until season 2, and I went and bought season 1 and I stayed up for oh around 18 hours watching them until I fell asleep.

As for Chloe, the character you think is annoying, watching the past seasons will make you appreicate her more. She's very good at what she does.
                              7:Warcraft> Why don't white people hit their kids anymore?

Duel Pasta> great
                              Duel Pasta> I spilled juice on my face

Tower> NATIONAL WEED YOUR GARDEN DAY

TWLB Champion Season 12
                              TWLJ Champion Season 11
                              TWLB All-Star Season 10
                              Best undeserved TWL title winner in Trench Wars history

Comment

Working...
                              X