X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barack Obama: 2008 Election

Obama recently put out a video talking about his plans for 2008:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5h95s0OuEg

Do you think he's got a shot? From what I've heard of him so far, he sounds like a decent candidate. Some people are trying to say that it should be a Obama/Clinton ticket. There is no where in hell that I'm going to vote for any candidate that has Hillary Clinton as their running mate.

I think Obama would probably have much better luck running as a Vice Pres, but he could prove himself to be President material in the coming months.

Personally, I'm more of in the middle ground politically and could end up voting for either party depending on the final candidates.

Handsome guy. I'd fuck him.
    Originally posted by Ward
    OK.. ur retarded case closed

Comment

I personally just think that Obama is campaigning for '12 (or '16 if a Democrat wins this time). I like him better than Hillary but he has one of the most unfortunate names of all time (in context of course).

Comment

God this is gonna be a good year for presidents.

With Obama and Hilary considering, Edwards already throwing in his hat, and Mccain and Guliani about to declare, I think this could be the most difficult election ever. All 5 candidates are worthy (Hilary mostly because it'd be like having ol' Arkansas Willy back in office) and all have agendas that call for a real benifit to America....Unlike this last group that was mostly concerned with raping our rights, defying the constitution and making a quick buck.

Should be a good one.
        Originally posted by Tone
        Women who smoke cigarettes are sexy, not repulsive. It depends on the number smoked. less is better

Comment

McCain is one of the most conservative politicians in all of Congress. Don't let his ploys fool you, no one has consistantly voted more for the right wing and extreme right wing agenda than McCain. Also, he wants MORE troops in Iraq.

As for Obama, great guy and it would be great to have someone as smart as him as President. But then again, people are secretly racist. It's been shown that people will say in polls that they will vote black, but when it comes down to it, they don't actually, at least not in America.

He has lots of years to go anyway, so I would prefer if Hillary won this time around, and Obama followed up after her. Then again, lots of people hate Hillary too.

If only Schwartzenegger could run! Then the US would dominate international politics like never before... who would defy THE TERMINATOR?!?!?
          Epinephrine's History of Trench Wars:
          www.geocities.com/epinephrine.rm

My anime blog:
          www.animeslice.com

Comment

Originally posted by Epinephrine View Post
            McCain is one of the most conservative politicians in all of Congress. Don't let his ploys fool you, no one has consistantly voted more for the right wing and extreme right wing agenda than McCain. Also, he wants MORE troops in Iraq.
            Wrong. Not even slightly true - are you aware of some of the people in the US Congress from Virginia, South Carolina, the heartland?
            Originally posted by Epinephrine
            As for Obama, great guy and it would be great to have someone as smart as him as President. But then again, people are secretly racist. It's been shown that people will say in polls that they will vote black, but when it comes down to it, they don't actually, at least not in America.
            Wrong again. America is one of the better places in the world regarding common racial attitudes, mostly because we feel so guilty. I guess people read about slavery in their textbooks about America in Canada and assume that because we litter we also don't like black people.
            Originally posted by Epinephrine
            He has lots of years to go anyway, so I would prefer if Hillary won this time around, and Obama followed up after her. Then again, lots of people hate Hillary too.
            Uh Hillary is arguably more conservative than McCain. She's very socially conservative, which is the worst kind. Stick to writing about Canadian Parliament.

Comment

Obama ?

Terroristtttttttttt

Comment

Ugh, I don't consider myself racist... but honestly when it comes down to it; If I do find out I really like his policies (I know he's a bright man already, I loved his books), I feel that his race will be running through the back of my mind when I'm in that poll booth. I have a feeling that that's what's going to be going through a lot of American's minds.... afterall, no one is perfect.

Comment

Originally posted by genocidal View Post
                  I personally just think that Obama is campaigning for '12 (or '16 if a Democrat wins this time). I like him better than Hillary but he has one of the most unfortunate names of all time (in context of course).
                  What's retarded to me is that it gets brought up so much in the press. You'd kind of hope to expect a higher standard of journalistic integrity than:

"Oh my god! His name kind of sounds like Osama! Holy shit, you mean his middle name is Hussein? How could people actually vote for this guy? I mean, his last two names sound like people unfriendly to the United States! I mean, I know there's not actual connection, but his name sounds alike!"

Sometimes, I feel like this entire country is in the 3rd grade.
                  Music and medicine, I'm living in a place where they overlap.

Comment

It's not JUST that it sounds like Osama, it sounds like a COMBINATION OF OSAMA AND BOMB! That's news, dude. You can't deny it.
                    5:gen> man
                    5:gen> i didn't know shade's child fucked bluednady

Comment

I can see it now:
                      New policy in Biraq
                      Obamas over Baghdad

Comment

"Obamas over Baghdad" is great.

Comment

Oh my god:

Comment

his name could be an issue?

seriously, as a nation, grow the fuck up

will the republicans really use something like this?
                            Reinstate Sarien
                            ph> AND THEN ME AND THE PLOINKIES WILL HEAD DOWN TO THE LOCAL CRUFFER FOR TEA AND WONKETS

Hal Wilker> Need I look recall the statement? And Suh.. control ya ho

"no, it's Monday, which of course means it's ethnic day, so ill be going with Rosalita"

Comment

Yes....Yes they would.

And if he were Republican, the Dems would do the exact thing.
                              Originally posted by Tone
                              Women who smoke cigarettes are sexy, not repulsive. It depends on the number smoked. less is better

Comment

Working...
                              X