Hollywood Remakes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hollywood Remakes

So yeah, in this thread, list the hollywood remakes you know and which one you like better, the original or the remake.

First off:

Original:Mean Machine

Remake:The longest Yard

It was an ok remake, calling the team after the original was kinda unoriginal. But overall compared to the original not that bad.

Second:

Original:Taxi

Remake:Taxi

This was one crappy ass remake compared to the original, I like the French Taxi movies and this year Taxi 4 will be coming out. In a score from 1 to 10, I would rate the remake a solid 3.

What I like the least out of both these remakes, is that they are exact copy's of the original, except the replaced Football with American Football and the bad guys to bad chicks.
    Maybe God was the first suicide bomber and the Big Bang was his moment of Glory.

Mean Machine OWNED the longest yard.

Comment

The Flight of the Phoenix.

Comment

Original: King Kong
        Remake: King Kong

I guess the way to grade this is to say 0 = I liked the Original the Best and 10 = I liked the Remake the best. While 5 would be a "I could go either way".

So, in this case, I'd give it a 6. Giving a slight edge to the Remake. While it's quite long and drawn out ... it's just visually satisfying. The Original King Kong hasn't aged well at all.
        DELETED

Comment

Umm... the Longest Yard was a remake of The Longest Yard.

Comment

And mean machine was also a remake of the longest yard, and then the longest yard was a remake of mean machine.

For those of you who haven't seen Mean Machine, It's basically the longest yard except it's english football and the main character is Vinnie Jones. It's much better.

Comment

You can't remake a remake!!!!

I'll watch the Mean Machine. Vinnie Jones is the shit.

Comment

Infernal affairs
                The departed (didn't watch yet. I did think the original was kickass when I saw it)

Nikita
                Nikita (french one is better)

Los ojos de something or something (spanish is better)
                Vanilla sky

Man facing southeast (not a remake but more a case of plagiarism, this argentinian movie is far superior)
                K-pax

Spoorlos
                The vanishing (dutch/french one is better like whoa and much creepier and comes without the lame hollywood ending which ruins the movie)

Yojimbo
                A fistful of dollars
                Last man standing (I like both Kurosawa's and Leone's movies, I did like LMS when I was younger tho. Now I just like the Christopher Walken parts)

The Jackal
                The Jackal (The remake with Willis and Gere was such shite that I have to use an UK word to describe it)

Get Carter
                Get Carter (ew for Stallones & the Remake)

Insomnia
                Insomnia (haven't seen the original one, but I did like Nolan's movie with Pacino as cop and Robin Williams as a villan)

Cape fear
                Cape fear (I personally like the remake. de Niro is such a badass)
                Originally posted by Disliked
                However, I have a bigger problem, being an atheist for 9 years, most of it during my teenage years I've become a little addicted to masterbation. I've tried to stop and even asked God to help but I'm unable to resist the temptation and it's driving me insane with grief.

Originally posted by concealed
                when i was on incuria i took 40 mgs of adderol like an hour before every match. didnt help me that much :X

Comment

Original : Shichinin no samurai (english title : Seven Samurai)

Remake : The Magnificent Seven

both great films but the original is much better
                  In my world,
                  I am King

sigpic

Comment

Didn't know about the first, the longest yard. So they but Burt Reynolds back in a remake of the film he did before?

It seems Hollywood always has to really Americanize movies, take the Last Samurai for example, I thought it was a pretty good movie, but Tom Cruise staying alive at the end while EVERYONE dies? That's just bs.
                    Maybe God was the first suicide bomber and the Big Bang was his moment of Glory.

Comment

around the world in 80 days (1956) (2004)

I absolutely loved the classic, but the modern one is a superb movie aswell, it has jackie chan teaming up with steve coogan (alan partridge), such an unexpected comedy duo, but they're hilarious together.

shaft (1971, 2000). forgot who was in the original (which i liked better i think), of course samuel l. jackson is well suited to play the role of Shaft..

dawn of the dead remake from 2004 was also superb!!

(ps crv. it's abre los ojos. which was much better than vanilla sky imo.)

Comment

Working...
                      X