When Air Was Free

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When Air Was Free

When I was a kid, my bike was my primary transportation. If i needed some air and I was away from my bicycle pump, there was always a gas station nearby with an air hose. Back then the air was free and just about every gas station had a set of 2 hoses (air & water) coming out the floor of each pump island. Filling your tires was almost instantly.

Now, most places have the pay-air machines. Some are as little as 25 cents & some are as much as $1.50. The price of the air has nothing to do with the quality of the pump or the amount of time it takes to fill a tire. The air pressure is different from machine to machine.. Not only that, but some have holes or bad connections on the hose, which seems like more air is leaking than going into the tire. Just finding a gas station with a good air hose isn't easy. One day a station might have a new machine & the next day, someone has fucked the hose up somehow.

It sucks paying to get some air & finding out it isn't worth the effort.
    It sucks when there's a slow leak on a tire.
    It just sucks.

Free air was so much better all around.

Comment

Air's still free in CT -- sucks to love God, I guess. He charges for everything.
      Originally posted by Jeenyuss
      sometimes i thrust my hips so my flaccid dick slaps my stomach, then my taint, then my stomach, then my taint. i like the sound.

Comment

Originally posted by DoTheFandango View Post
        God
        not his fault when you egg him on. you're no better than him here, and I won't fault him when he defends himself accordingly.
        afksry

Comment

this is just the beginning. haven't you seen spaceballs?

Comment

When hair was free

Originally posted by Facetious
            edit: (Money just PMed me his address so I can go to Houston and fight him)

Comment

Originally posted by Scurvy View Post
              this is just the beginning.
              Yeah. Next thing they're gonna charge is the use of the squeegee to wipe the windows

Comment

You can purchase your own squeegee and a manual bicycle pump.
                f

Comment

Because I have a slow leak in a couple tires, I have a couple mini air compressors. One of them can even jump start my car & with my power converter, power small appliances. I can even plug one of the other compressors into it. It's just that it takes about 15 minutes just to pump 15 PSI.

Comment

In Japan, convienience stores such as 7-11 will sell bottled oxygen for people to take a few breaths in... it's the newest fad. I guess Spaceballs has already happened!
                    Epinephrine's History of Trench Wars:
                    www.geocities.com/epinephrine.rm

My anime blog:
                    www.animeslice.com

Comment

But isn't that like those oxygen bars Epi? Like really pure oxygen, not what we breath in and out daily.

And over here air is still free at gas stations.
                      Maybe God was the first suicide bomber and the Big Bang was his moment of Glory.

Comment

You're always welcome to blow air into your tires..

Comment

Some service stations charge for Air here in the Philly area. Even 7-11's (some of the ones in my area) have Air & they charge .50 for 1 minute.

It's a growing trend it would seem.

Recently I watched a news story noting how the U.K.'s Parliament is moving towards having the government install meters in cars that are privately owned and charging them for each mile they drive.

So if you purchase a car, the Government will be able to charge you for driving that car on top of paying insurance and buying petrol for the car....why would anyone want a car in the U.K. is that gets passed into law?

All part of the green law to reduce the amount of cars....I just hope there is never a strike or breakdown in the public transit systems.
                          May your shit come to life and kiss you on the face.

Comment

Originally posted by Scurvy View Post
                            this is just the beginning. haven't you seen spaceballs?
                            I stopped reading here, ends this topics on a hillarious note

EDIT - 404 Not Found - is that Steve Buscemi.. think i spelt it wrong, but you get the idea eh?
                            7:Knockers> how'd you do it Paul?
                            7:Knockers> sex? money? power?
                            7:PaulOakenfold> *puts on sunglasses* *flies away*

1:vys> I EVEN TOLD MY MUM I WON A PIZZA

7:Knockers> the suns not yellow, its chicken
                            7:Salu> that's drug addict talk if i ever saw it

1:chuckle> im tired of seeing people get killed and other people just watching simply saying "MURDER. RACISM. BAD"
                            1:chuckle> ive watched the video twice now

Comment

Originally posted by 404 Not Found View Post
                              So if you purchase a car, the Government will be able to charge you for driving that car on top of paying insurance and buying petrol for the car....why would anyone want a car in the U.K. is that gets passed into law?
                              thats exactly the idea, but all it will accomplish is rich people being able to own cars, and poor people having to get public transport, the busses are already full of chavy cunts wanting to mug you, the result will just mean taking your life into your own hands everytime you need to get somewhere.

dont get me started on how shit london transport is already, getting on the tube to get to work in the morning is murder, there are more regulations on how cattle can be transported than there is on how many people can be squeezed into an underground train.

Comment

Working...
                              X