College Majors/Minors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UConn, Storrs Campus --
    Philosophy Major with a concentration in Law and Society. Plan on doing something with Computer Science as well.

As far as a job, I haven't thought that far ahead, and I sorta am worried what a Philosophy degree can bring me, but I don't care anymore, I just want to learn and write and question the world. If I can make some dough out of doing that, then there's nothing I would rather do.
    Last edited by DoTheFandango; 03-02-2007, 01:20 AM.
    Originally posted by Jeenyuss
    sometimes i thrust my hips so my flaccid dick slaps my stomach, then my taint, then my stomach, then my taint. i like the sound.

Comment

That's just the thing though. With a philosophy degree, you can do one of the following:

1. Apply to Law School, go for a J.D.
      2. Apply to a generic grad school and get a masters in pretty much anything liberal arts, then become a college professor in... you guessed it- liberal arts.
      3. Become a hobo.
      5:royst> i was junior athlete of the year in my school! then i got a girlfriend
      5:the_paul> calculus is not a girlfriend
      5:royst> i wish it was calculus

1:royst> did you all gangbang my gf or something

1:fermata> why dont you get money fuck bitches instead

Comment

Lol? You can also do business school, medical school, journalism, and virtually any other graduate school as long as you do the pre-requisites. For some reason people think, "I want to go to medical school so I need to be a biology/chemistry major." Do you know how many people think that way? Probably 85% of people interested in medical school. You increase you chances of getting in by being diverse. People aren't interested in another biology or engineering major for medical school - they already have 15,000 of those applying and people always have better grades than you. Hell my dad's friend from law school got an engineering degree, went and got an MBA, then got a JD.

Comment

Keepin' it real Gen.

You're right, do what you like, and if you're looking for a well paying job, worry about it for grad school. Work a couple of years after you graduate if you want before grad school, but be happy with what you like, money is secondary... really (although Eph will tell you otherwise... it's bs though).

Hi stab city... do you like As Tall As Lions? They are one of my favorite bands.

Comment

psychology

Comment

Secondary Education (Conc. on English)

I taught high school English for a couple of years and am now working as a freelance writer.

In my near future, I plan on moving to South Korea to teach English to Korean kids. Main reason for SK is because I know a couple of people who live there, but I might end up at a different country--depending on the job offer.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonesy View Post
                Secondary Education (Conc. on English)

I taught high school English for a couple of years and am now working as a freelance writer.

In my near future, I plan on moving to South Korea to teach English to Korean kids. Main reason for SK is because I know a couple of people who live there, but I might end up at a different country--depending on the job offer.
                Woah, this has been my projected plan for awhile - high school english, writer, foreign country (asian) - how's it going for you?

And freelance writing - what's that whole setup like? I have a picture of the starving artist in my head... do you make steady income?
                NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

School : Arizona State University
                  Major : Secondary Education
                  Minor : English
                  Future Job : Teaching HS english!
                  (RoboHelp)>This message has been sent by Left_Eye:
                  (RoboHelp)>TW Staff are looking for players who play regulary and are friendly, helpful, knowledgeable and who
                  (RoboHelp)>show a desire to improving the zone. If you are interested in joining TW Staff, e-mail
                  (RoboHelp)>TWStaff@gmail.com
                  (RoboHelp)>If you have any other questions regarding this issue, please use :Left_Eye:<Message>.

Comment

good stuff guys

i am only en engineer so i can make a little money and pay off my overpriced school... i hope to retire early then do something i want to do

teach high school calc

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

Originally posted by Jerome Scuggs View Post
                      Woah, this has been my projected plan for awhile - high school english, writer, foreign country (asian) - how's it going for you?

And freelance writing - what's that whole setup like? I have a picture of the starving artist in my head... do you make steady income?
                      A friend of ours is a freelance writer and he has a kid and quite a big house (not like huge or that he is extremely rich, but he does more then just tie the loose ends).
                      Maybe God was the first suicide bomber and the Big Bang was his moment of Glory.

Comment

Originally posted by Jerome Scuggs View Post

Teaching high school was an okay experience, but I don't plan on re-living that (at least not in an American setting).

The freelance writing is more of a temporary thing for me, in between stages so-to-speak. It is probably a different experience for every freelance writer, but I am surviving pretty well. I search the wanted adds and do things such as helping someone write a business plan for their company or editing and writing a newsletter for the company. I do fact checking and all kinds of mundane shit. I go to all kinds of writing and literary conventions... and work on screenplays that I'm writing. I also have a pretty sweet job at a bookstore and even though the pay isn't that great... the environment is amazing.

I'm going to teach English in South Korea for a year or so and then after I get accustomed to that, look into getting my masters degree overseas. My ultimate plan is to get a professorship and then working towards getting tenure.

Of course, I will always be writing and sending my work into agents, literary magazines and writing contests (such as Nichols screenwriting contest). If something happens to break through big time for me, then that would probably change my plans up a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by PaulOakenfold View Post
                          I'm a volunteer firefighter, and let me tell ya... the pay may not be great for a full time firefighter, but the people and atmosphere at the house is absolutely wonderful. You can go and live at most houses anyway, so if you want to spend a year or two and save up some money, you could do that as well. It's a different lifestyle, but if money ain't a thang for you, then it's certainly a great one.
                          yeah, i guess it depends on what I'm feeling at the end of my enlistment... because the atmosphere thing im already used to, trust me being on a submarine with 130 other guys for 3 months at a time pretty much means you HAVE to have a great atmosphere, and money well, yeah.. im in military so not like im used to having much of it haha

you were in btown exalt?

i still go there now and then to hang out with friends, but when i was in school i went there at least once a month to party (only an hour from terre haute)

got craploads of friends there (im from southern indiana) and i think my brother couple be goin there come fall.

nifty
                          yeah, i went to bloomington, really fun school and I still go down there from time to time when I go home on leave, terre haute I know where its at, never really traveled that far south Indiana but its familiar
                          RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
                          RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

Kendall College of Art and Design

major: illustration
                            minor: fine arts photo/painting/drawing (???)

ideal job: writing, photographing, and/or cartooning for the new yorker

Comment

Graduating from EMU next month in Communications/Fine Arts. Not sure where I'll go with it. I'm currently waiting for SRI to build the studio in San Fran for the MMO Kaos War. At present we're meeting with publishers. If it doesn't pan out, I might end up in organizational comm, project management, maybe even public administration. And, of course, voice acting and graphics on the side. Can't leave out the goofy fun stuff. ^-^
                              Last edited by DangerGirl; 03-03-2007, 03:28 AM.
                              DoCk>> im king of tw, i grant all twers permission to fornicate
                              DoCk>> there's sucking up going on? i want in on it too :P

Comment

Rutgers U. (I've found all of 1 people who still play this game and go to my university cough fire phoenix)
                                I did Electrical and Computer Engineering until middle of Sophomore year, and now the other half I'm currently in Psychology, continuing onward. Minor is unknown.
                                thread killer

Also who changed to pw to Squadless, how am I supposed to fly the banner of sucking at the game

Comment

Working...
                                X