Throw it out or hold onto it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kolar View Post
    4 AM is pushing it Cops, please let me get some sleep.
    you slept like a baby last night, you've got to give me credit for having a fucked up schedule and still being able to post a decent thread.

I tried to call you but I couldn't get a hold of you. Taxtron told me that Revenue Canada is down but they will probably be back up tomorrow so I can do the taxes tomorrow and pay you back for the money you lent me, apparently they just deduct the money off your tax return, so um I need the money you lent me for the concernt tonight but i'll give you back the 60 tomorrow.
    it makes me sick when i think of it, all my heroes could not live with it so i hope you rest in peace cause with us you never did

Comment

keep them. I bet you ten years down the road, you'll really enjoy looking at all that shit again.
      Originally posted by Tone
      Women who smoke cigarettes are sexy, not repulsive. It depends on the number smoked. less is better

Comment

Originally posted by Ward View Post
        Hide them so she wouldn't find it. Even if she does, there's a corresponding date written on every letter so she'll know you aren't cheating on her. Moreover, I assure you she will find it enjoyable reading your ex-gf's letters along with you.
        My gf found pictures of ex's (she stumbled on them, I didn't try to hide them) and she did *not* enjoy seeing them. I ended up trashing all the "reminders" I was keeping. That was something I was going to do anyway but she found it before I got around to it.

If you are serious about your current gf, then ex's shouldn't matter to you. Rip it up, throw it out. (Keep the Chucks.) I know you want to remember and not lose the past (which is part of you)....but really, there's not much use for them. It's good for your current relationship to "erase" the past. Obviously, the things you learned you keep. But pictures are, in a way, holding onto past loves. Better to be done with it.

Comment

I had a relationship break on me today, but there is no way in hell im throwing away any photos/letters or the special necklace I got from my gf.
          2:Entertainer> Supreme Auth> we should all be like: Morh> EIN REICH EIN VOLK EIN FUHRER and then jones and logain would be "SIEG HEIL o/"

Comment

if it were somthing stupid like socks, id say throw em out

but you cant beat a broken in set of chucks
            (RoboHelp)>This message has been sent by Left_Eye:
            (RoboHelp)>TW Staff are looking for players who play regulary and are friendly, helpful, knowledgeable and who
            (RoboHelp)>show a desire to improving the zone. If you are interested in joining TW Staff, e-mail
            (RoboHelp)>TWStaff@gmail.com
            (RoboHelp)>If you have any other questions regarding this issue, please use :Left_Eye:<Message>.

Comment

Crap, this thread made me accidentally bring up my ex during dinner. I was listing out a bunch of college friends and I accidentally mentioned her name. My fiancee was pretending to be "play upset" but I could tell she was bothered by it. Dumb, I don't know why I brought her up.

Comment

People have ex-girlfriends and ex-boyfriends. I suggest not staying with a man/woman who throws a fit if they happen to find some pictures of ex's or something. That's childish.
                jee

Comment

What's childish is telling someone to break up with their significant other because one of their personal habits irks your sensibilities.
                  Originally posted by Ward
                  OK.. ur retarded case closed

Comment

so long and thanks for all the shoes!

Maybe if I had a decent relationship end nicely then I'd be more inclined to keep notes and pictures but for the most part I've got very little to say to any of my ex girlfriends.

I've got to agree with Heroin Bob, nothing beats a broken in pair of chucks.
                    it makes me sick when i think of it, all my heroes could not live with it so i hope you rest in peace cause with us you never did

Comment

It's pretty crazy to get mad at your significant other just for mentioning the name of an ex. That's not a personal habit, that's a serious jealousy problem. I've been dating my girlfriend for about forever now, and if we broke up, any future girlfriend would have to realize that I spent close to five years with someone and that it's kind of ridiculous to censor the events of 5 years of my life to pretend my girlfriend wasn't with me for them. Obsessing about an ex with one thing, but you should be allowed to mention an ex in normal contexts. I would certainly treat any girlfriend that way. It's annoying when you hear the name of an ex and you immediately get a mental picture of him drilling your girlfriend out, but that's my problem, not hers.

As far as the original question though, I'd certainly throw out any and all couples pictures, romantic letters, and other sappy crap I found when I broke up with someone, why the hell would I want that shit cluttering up my room? If I was in a serious relationship with someone and they had all that stuff stored somewhere and were intentionally keeping it, it would definitely be a warning sign unless they were one of those weird people that keeps literally everything.
                      5:gen> man
                      5:gen> i didn't know shade's child fucked bluednady

Comment

Or...

Take a dump on it.

Comment

depends on whether or not you're on good terms with your ex.
                          TelCat> i am a slut not a hoe
                          TelCat> hoes get paid :(
                          TelCat> i dont

Comment

Girls are emotional, and most get upset over stupid shit all the time. Unless she actually pitches a fit over you mentioning your ex, it's not even worth spending time thinking about. Definitely not worth breaking up with her over, because that's just as childish as her reaction.

Does she act upset for a little bit? Fine, don't worry about it. Does she slash your tires over it? Get away from the bitch.

Another episode brought to you by the common sense brigade.
                            My father in law was telling me over Thanksgiving about this amazing bartender at some bar he frequented who could shake a martini and fill it to the rim with no leftovers and he thought it was the coolest thing he'd ever seen. I then proceeded to his home bar and made four martinis in one shaker with unfamiliar glassware and a non standard shaker and did the same thing. From that moment forward I knew he had no compunction about my cock ever being in his daughter's mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by Liquid Blue View Post
                              Girls are emotional, and most get upset over stupid shit all the time. Unless she actually pitches a fit over you mentioning your ex, it's not even worth spending time thinking about. Definitely not worth breaking up with her over, because that's just as childish as her reaction.

Does she act upset for a little bit? Fine, don't worry about it. Does she slash your tires over it? Get away from the bitch.

Another episode brought to you by the common sense brigade.
                              Is that how black girls resolve problems?
                              Originally posted by Tone
                              Women who smoke cigarettes are sexy, not repulsive. It depends on the number smoked. less is better

Comment

Good thing I don't let them know where I live until I'm pretty sure they aren't pyscho
                                My father in law was telling me over Thanksgiving about this amazing bartender at some bar he frequented who could shake a martini and fill it to the rim with no leftovers and he thought it was the coolest thing he'd ever seen. I then proceeded to his home bar and made four martinis in one shaker with unfamiliar glassware and a non standard shaker and did the same thing. From that moment forward I knew he had no compunction about my cock ever being in his daughter's mouth.

Comment

Working...
                                X