RC Airplanes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RC Airplanes

Does anyone else/has anyone else ever been into RC airplanes? My girlfriend always wanted one when she was younger but never got one for some reason. I figured I could get her one for her birthday this year (in May).

Does anyone know of some good/reputable hobby stores (real or online) and/or some exact RC planes that they recommend? I'd like to spend under $150, $200 max. Thanks!
    5:royst> i was junior athlete of the year in my school! then i got a girlfriend
    5:the_paul> calculus is not a girlfriend
    5:royst> i wish it was calculus

1:royst> did you all gangbang my gf or something

1:fermata> why dont you get money fuck bitches instead

i dont think u can find one for that price..

Comment

Originally posted by Fit of Rage View Post
      Does anyone else/has anyone else ever been into RC airplanes? My girlfriend always wanted one when she was younger but never got one for some reason. I figured I could get her one for her birthday this year (in May).

Does anyone know of some good/reputable hobby stores (real or online) and/or some exact RC planes that they recommend? I'd like to spend under $150, $200 max. Thanks!
      im guessing that would be tough. try hobbytownusa. they always been pretty legit
      (RoboHelp)>This message has been sent by Left_Eye:
      (RoboHelp)>TW Staff are looking for players who play regulary and are friendly, helpful, knowledgeable and who
      (RoboHelp)>show a desire to improving the zone. If you are interested in joining TW Staff, e-mail
      (RoboHelp)>TWStaff@gmail.com
      (RoboHelp)>If you have any other questions regarding this issue, please use :Left_Eye:<Message>.

Comment

The prices depends much if you want to have a fuel engine or an electric engine in the airplane. I think the cheapest ones are driven by electricity. You could get a basic model one for about $150 or less im sure of. I don't really know any worldwide or american stores tho.
        Hope it helped a little bit tho.

Btw, I bet it's a really nice present to get!

Comment

When looking for RC stuff I usually buy the shit on ebay then buy a body I like from a store.

Comment

I have a feeling they might be more expensive than what you're expecting Fit. That's a very nice and unique present to get though.

Nix that ... I saw a few beginner models for under $100.

Comment

I want a plane made by powerwheels.
              afksry

Comment

I have 2.5 fuel engine aircraft - a piper cub, a generic wing-shaped one, and half of a massive B-17 my grandfather was in the process of building - I wish he'da finished it, it's something like 6 feet wide, 4 engines, the works

Anyways, I actually have an ooolllddd kit sitting around for a beginner fuel-engine aircraft. I'm sure you could find one at a garage sale or on ebay. I used to have 3 boxes of engines, servos, and remote controls, but someone already came by and picked 'em up.

In new mexico there's a small runway in Albequerque for flying those things, so we'd go down and fly, fly, fly.

Just because I've grown up around them, I recomment gas-powered fuel engines. I also recommend, though, starting with a starter aircraft and working up. My Piper Cub is pretty basic, the Delta Wing one was tricky as hell, but the B-17 was supposed to be my Rite of Passage into full-blown RC aircraft enjoyment
                NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

There's also hobbyist magazines where you can order some stuff for fairly cheap and also read up on tricks of the trade (how to rig retractable landing gear, etc). I think the one I get is just called 'Airplane' or something
                  NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

my dad used to build and fly them as a hobby. he doesn't anymore but he still has all his planes. they all have engines, and i think that's the way to go if you want to get into it properly.

Comment

Someone just sent me this vid about bikes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WW0Be-Phx_I

Pretty cool in a geeky way. Watch the end with sound.

Comment

check ebay and Amazon. Chances are you can find one for cheap one somewhere online.
                        Originally posted by Tone
                        Women who smoke cigarettes are sexy, not repulsive. It depends on the number smoked. less is better

Comment

I bought one at Wal-Mart for $30. It's made of styrofoam but it flies and it's remote-controlled. 45 minute engine life time before recharge which takes 15 mins. It's pretty sweet.

(AND YES I'M SERIOUS)
                          oar> anyone in here good with math?
                          Ignominy> o+a+r=suck

kid kaos> da fuk u doin on ignites squad
                          Sention> YO KK WTF U DOING OUT OF JAIL?!

1:Mantra-Slider> HI MY NAME IS AUDIT AND I DONT REALISE ITS HARD TO PLEASE 25 GUYS AT THE SAME TIME

Displaced> audit is just the king of cool ;)

Comment

I once bought a flatmate a remote controlled boat and he was paranoid about using it in case the batteries ran out while it was in the middle of the lake
                            Originally posted by Facetious
                            edit: (Money just PMed me his address so I can go to Houston and fight him)

Comment

So he never used it then?

Comment

Working...
                              X