Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you guys know when the American DVD Release is?

Comment

• Depends where, it's already available in Chinatown for 3 bucks
      USA WORLD CHAMPS

Comment

• Originally posted by CrvenBan View Post
        Maybe you oughta check the incredibly rich and advanced persian culture, that gave birth to big number of important "things"...like bricks
        but I was thinking about how todays society only developed after the industrial revolution, what about Europe in 17th-18th century, and America, compared to areas like Persia, China, Japan, think it was a better place ?

You people are so naive and ignorant if you think that making a movie TODAY about 300 glorious Europians fighting off 100.000 ugly, scary Iranians, is not a form of bullshit propaganda

Go back to bed America, You are free to do what we tell you!
        I'd consider myself somewhat knowledgeable about the events and different cultures that exist throughout the world, I plan on getting a degree in Media Studies so this is exactly the kid of stuff I want to get into. I'm not denying anything about the Persians other than as Kolar said "this world would be greatly different if the Greeks didn't influence the Romans, which has helped create the foundations for Democracy which would not be possible if Persia's ruled over the Greeks". I think Paul also touched on this issue and basically said the exact same thing.

I believe that if the person bases all their historical information on a movie, a graphic novel no less then they're probably the people who are susceptible to propaganda bullshit so this movie is not going to change any person's opinion that can think for themself. The idiocracy in this whole situation is that people know very little about cultures and societies and instead of reading or taking a course on something they would rather just watch a movie that has "some" to very little facts about an event that happened thousands of years ago.
        Last edited by Cops; 03-13-2007, 11:30 PM.
        it makes me sick when i think of it, all my heroes could not live with it so i hope you rest in peace cause with us you never did

Comment

• Originally posted by D1st0rt View Post
          Depends where, it's already available in Chinatown for 3 bucks
          When I say DVD, i mean crystal clear picture and sound. Not something someone filmed with a handycam in a auditorium..

Comment

• Originally posted by Jerome Scuggs View Post
            You're all ignorant. Apparently this "slandering" and "ruining" of history and the Persians is ok if it's a graphic novel that's been out for 6, 7 years... but as soon as it's put on in movie form you flip your shit? Why don't you actually go and read shit before it's made into a movie?

V for Vendetta totally takes stabs - outright stabs - at Americans, and I didn't see a thread where a bunch of Americans flipped their shit. Calm the fuck down. It's a movie. (The graphic novel is alot different and doesn't have this outright propaganda in it)

300 was written before GWB, before 9/11. To say it's some "propaganda" is outright ignorant. The movie was in production by 2003, which is before the Iran thing ever really exploded... Frank Miller and Zack Snyder must have really had it in for the Persians if they were planning on doing 300 before America was embroiled in shit. Or maybe Frank Miller just wrote a fucking action novel.

You guys are putting stupid spins on things. I take it the next thread in this uber-PC hippie shitfest series is one claiming that the History Channel only aired the special on Xerxes' defeat because the History Channel hates Persians, too... or maybe one about Captain America, and how Marvel Comics 'TOTALLY RUINS WORLD WAR II... DER WAZ NO SUPER-SOLDIER PROGRAM, WHAT TEH FUKS IS CAPTAIN AMERICA!!?!?!'. Fuck, Wolverine was created by a secret government program, JESUS DIS COMIX IS SO UN-ACCURATE BECAUSE THE GOVERNMENT DOESN'T HAVE WOLVERINES THREAD THREAD THREAD. Newsflash: comics consistently use historical backgrounds to create a story, usually completely destroying historical reality in the process. For instance, perhaps it starts off in WW2... and the Nazis invent zombies. I don't see how 300 is in some way some terrible offender, here.

For crying out fucking loud. 300 is an action movie. You can say anything you want about it, but hey, let the box office speak. It broke records, it's gotta have some sort of merit you guys are obviously missing.
            don't tell other people to "calm the fuck down" if you are going to bolster your argument with italics caps and bolds. i don't care if there was intentional propiganda in this mediocre movie or not, your demeanor of arrogance and hostility is almost overwhelming. a "uber-PC hippie shitfest"? "why don't you actually go out and read shit"? marvin comics ruined world war 2? jesus is a wolverine? what the hell are you talking about? its like someone were attacking you. maybe theres something that im "obviously missing".

Comment

• Dear Conspiracy Theorists,

Jerome is actually George W. Bush. He created the plot line AND directed 300. He actually invented these so-called "Spartans" a month ago, but used his Illuminati time machine to go back in time and make us believe they've been here this whole time. Once the movie grosses enough money, we will declare war on the deceased King Xerxes, who was buried with Weapons of Mass Destruction.

Love,
              Dameon Angell

PS: I hear them knocking at my door as I type this. Save the Cheerleader ... Save the World.

Seriously, it's a fucking movie. Take it in for face value and be happy.
              DELETED

Comment

• Originally posted by Vatican Assassin View Post
                don't tell other people to "calm the fuck down" if you are going to bolster your argument with italics caps and bolds. i don't care if there was intentional propiganda in this mediocre movie or not, your demeanor of arrogance and hostility is almost overwhelming. a "uber-PC hippie shitfest"? "why don't you actually go out and read shit"? marvin comics ruined world war 2? jesus is a wolverine? what the hell are you talking about? its like someone were attacking you. maybe theres something that im "obviously missing".
                Jerome is understandibly angry because people tend to go too far in being offended these days. I'm not saying that there isn't cause for people to be offended over things intentionally inflammatory (Ann Coulter's recent dumbass comments come to mind), but come on.

Jerome's points are all very valid--the movie was conceived, written, and had already begun production before any of the Iran stuff came to light, and I find it VERY hard to believe that there's any conspiracy stuff going on in the background (although I would LOVE to see another Loose Change "documentary"... those things are totally true, believable and RESEERCHED *that's sarcasm, in case you couldn't sift your way through the caps*).

Now, if you're somehow turned off by his use of italics and caps, may I remind you that at least everything's SPELLED correctly and makes grammatical sense? It's not like he typed:

:JKSJF:KAJSD:JA JEROME RAGE NOW!!! U MUST FEEL THA RATH OF MY FUL ANGAR!

... he's simply saying something emphatically because people are acting like complete shitheads over this. It's a MOVIE about A COMIC BOOK. Let me say that again, because people are missing the point:

IT'S A MOVIE ABOUT A COMIC BOOK THAT FIRST PUBLISHED IN 1998.

Not to mention the fact that it was inspired by a movie made back in the 60's. For everyone feeling like it's unfairly marring Iranians, please pick up and move to Boston, where you can live in peace with other reactionaries and freak out over Lite-Brites with Mooninite shapes on them. (Peace love, Vyk. You know I don't think all Bostonians are dipshits like this, just a few. Just like any other town.)

Jesus, people. Get over yourselves. If you can't make the distinction between MOVIES and REAL LIFE, then you need to end it all now. Not everything is propaganda. There are such things as art in the world, and it's not meant to make everyone feel like summertime and daisies.
                Music and medicine, I'm living in a place where they overlap.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vatican Assassin View Post
                  the italics and bolds were there for emphasis. and hell yeah i'm pissed, people who make huge, politically correct mountains out of mole hills piss me off, righteously. so does intentionally marring my wording ("jesus is a wolverine"), but i assume you're too angry to read properly and, therefore, need to calm the fuck down

edit: conc beat me to the rest of my post. i'm glad someone else understands
                  NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

• Originally posted by Jerome Scuggs View Post
                    the italics and bolds were there for emphasis. and hell yeah i'm pissed, people who make huge, politically correct mountains out of mole hills piss me off, righteously. so does intentionally marring my wording ("jesus is a wolverine"), but i assume you're too angry to read properly and, therefore, need to calm the fuck down

edit: conc beat me to the rest of my post. i'm glad someone else understands

i followed up the last quote, jesus is a wolverine, that part was a joke. hey if it really pisses you off, things like this can piss me off sometimes too. so sorry for jumpin on ya. i just find people talking down to others, like when i read your post it looks like you are saying anyone who thinks there is propiganda in 300 doesn't read books--that might be a stretch. you notice i didn't try to refute any of your points 'cuz they have validity, i just didn't care for the tone. but its the internet right, gotta get used to yelling and cursing as being normal. but conc seems to be able to make good points without doing it.
                    Last edited by Vatican Assassin; 03-14-2007, 06:51 PM.

Comment

• Comment

• the IMAX theatre at the metreon was sold out for a couple nights straight, but I finally saw it. I thought it was fantastically entertaining, although somewhat mindless - which was perfect for this movie I thought. Eyecandy alone was worth the price of admission.

I'd give it a 9/10, based on how much fun I had watching it.
                        TelCat> i am a slut not a hoe
                        TelCat> hoes get paid :(
                        TelCat> i dont

Comment

• Didn't read this horrible thread, just here to post this:

Epic lulz.
                          f

Comment

• i love the comics of Frank Miller from the ninties. Before that its was so-so...
                            Looking forward to the movie. I hope, like in sin city, the movie stays close to the comicbooks.
                            some are wise, some are otherwise

1: PolluX> People say I talk too much
                            1: Louis XV> Dude you seriously need to stfu!
                            1: Louis XV> I still love you, k?

Comment

• saw it again last night, was just as awesome as the first time

I admit they could have left out the political freedom shit in sparta and just added more titties and fighting

but I think the movie would have been *too* awesome, and people would just waste entire paychecks to see it again and again

anyone who offers complaints about acting, connections to any war going on at the moment, hate on persians, america bashing, visual effects and techniques used, can go suck a duck

I'm really trying hard not to churn out big posts about why most of you who have problems with the movie are retarded; so let's just keep it at this-

My father in law was telling me over Thanksgiving about this amazing bartender at some bar he frequented who could shake a martini and fill it to the rim with no leftovers and he thought it was the coolest thing he'd ever seen. I then proceeded to his home bar and made four martinis in one shaker with unfamiliar glassware and a non standard shaker and did the same thing. From that moment forward I knew he had no compunction about my cock ever being in his daughter's mouth.

Comment

• I just saw the movie. It was alright for what it was. I think I enjoyed it more after going through this thread... I knew what to expect and the frame of mind I should be in while watching it.... which is basically... watch it for the testosterone qualities.

Anyways, being how i am, which most of you know & abhor, there was a line in the movie that made me think of something I could share.
                                The line was something to the effect of the Spartans being born from Hercules.
                                E. Raymond Capt, in his book, Missing Links Discovered in Assyrian Tablets, writes: Argos is said by the Greeks to have been the birthplace of Hercules, but Herodotus, who went to some trouble to find out who Hercules really was, made a special voyage to Tyre (Strabo ii, 44) and found an older Temple to Hercules. The daring adventures and exploits of the Grecian Hercules (Heracles) is more probably those of semi-traders and buccaneers of Tyre and Dan. In Hebrew, rakal means to trade and Heracleem means traders. Those who went forth from Argos and subdued other parts of Greece are spoken of as Heraclidae or descendants of Heracles.

Arius, king of the Spartans, sends greetings to Onias, the chief priest. It has been found in a writing concerning the Spartans and Jews, that they are kinsmen, and that they are descended from Abraham. (1Maccabees 12:20-21 of the Apocrypha)

In other words, during the 70+ years the Hebrews were in Egypt, while most of the Hebrews were being enslaved, a couple tribes managed to stay away from the Egyptian's bondage of slavery.... and the point is.. that the Spartans were Hebrews. (remember, i'm also one who claims most of, and the spirit of Western Civilization, is Hebrew. North America & Western Europe are where the true tribes of Israel reside today... After 586 BC, Israel was defeated by the Babylonians and fled to the west, multiplied, filled Europe and overflowed into the western hemisphere.) To Ephraim, the father of the tribe of Ephraim, to him went the blessing that he would become a multitude of nations, and that Mannassah, his brother would branch out from Ephraim and become a great nation. Ephraim, where the sun never sets... is Britain.. and the USA is that great nation out of Ephraim.

I know posting this on board full of spoonfeeders of skewed history (not surprising since the victor writes the history and currently the Evil One rules the world and controls his dominions of politics, economics, education & all religions of the world) will go right over the heads of most everyone. What i was hoping is that some might find it interesting.

If anyone wants to get into this deeper with me... you can start new thread. ^-^
                                Last edited by HeavenSent; 03-15-2007, 04:13 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X