No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jerome Scuggs View Post
    anyways, for your kind of people, i am sorry that you will never enjoy art. you're the guy that hates 'A Million Little Pieces' because there's no way James Frey could have done all those drugs - ignoring the message of the book.
    What if I hate A Million Little Pieces because Frey tried to sell it as a totally autobiographical work before being outed? James Frey is a Piece of Shit. (Get it? He totally capitalizes stupid words.)
    Music and medicine, I'm living in a place where they overlap.

Comment

Originally posted by Necromotic View Post
      lol going into battle without any body armor was probably the biggest historical mistake they did though girls love 12 packs
      agreed i was gonna mention that but being able to see all those muscles made it all worth it

Comment

Originally posted by Centurion View Post
        Get a good look at me folks!
        One day, I will eliminate all Puerto Ricans.
        sigpic
        All good things must come to an end.

Comment

Originally posted by gran guerrero View Post
          excuse me nickname, did you say this movie was historically accurate? ogres, chainsaw arm freaks, etc all were real. fucking idiot.

I expected at least more strategies being used (which i saw in the beginning of the fighting) but then got sorely disappointed when it just turned out to being spartans coming out of the tunnel (which was their fucking focus point of seige tactics to hold off the persian army) and fighting like they are the incredible hulk, and no scratch can be done.

I could not but help think of how this is such a clear message of propaganda of US interests on anti-iran sentiments. Americans being the spartan badasses that cant die or get hurt unless they are betrayed or killed "cowardlike" by arrows. and the persians (iranians) being the ugly deformed can't fight army.

This movie blowed, and you all suck for liking it. Other than the artistic visual effects the movie sucked.
          I'm glad you can't read gran, but let me show you exactly what I mean. I said i'm glad it wasn't to artsy, as I was afraid it was, and artsy applies to the ogres guys, the goat heads, the oracle thrashing around naked, I even told you my theatre LAUGHED when the ogre guy was on screen.

I said i'm glad it was rather historically accurate, which, ding ding ding, it was. It wasn't just 300 (some estimates put there numbers as high as 1300) and it wasn't just Spartans, and the battle itself lasted for all of 2 days (which it did in the film). I was glad it didn't have the opposite of Troy, where a battle that lasted for years looked like a 3 day fight, meaning i'm glad this 2 day fight didn't look like months of warfare. As far as tired goes, the front line would rotate after a time, they can go without food for 2 days (and god forbid they eat an apple, because lord knwos apples are heavy to carry and that theres no chance of any food being near by, like say, a tree full of apples.

Attempting to take any part of this and say it's based on current event (anti-iranian) is total bullshit. You know what, Muslims and Chirstians don't see eye to eye and haven't since this little thing called the crusades, but if i made a movie where muslims are the bad guys it must be BASED UPON CURRENT EVENTS!!!!!

They all got cut, they all got beat up, the movie wasn't racist, you're a fag for thinking it was... fucking idiot.
          The only TWO TIME TWLJ All-Star and TWLB All-Star who never played a game.

Originally posted by Richard Creager
          All space detectives come armed with tcp/ip persona blasting pistols, it's required for their line of duty. Silly of both maisoul and goddess to not know this before hand, they get what they deserved, fucking zapped, bitches.

Comment

when he kicked that squid (term used to replace a derogitory term) messenger down that hole, i laughed a little. I thought he was being rascist.

heh
            There once was a man from Nantucket.

Comment

oh great, how the hell did racism get into this discussion?

oh no, they made a cop movie, where the murderer is black, they are implying something! racist!!

geez
              1 + 1 = 1

Comment

Originally posted by Nethila View Post
                oh great, how the hell did racism get into this discussion?

oh no, they made a cop movie, where the murderer is black, they are implying something! racist!!

geez
                lol i was about to say the same thing, he pretty much pulled that out of thin air.

1:delta> personally, i would not go to war for oil
                1:FarScape> in age of empires you would
                1:Freeze> LOL FAR
                ---
                5:waven> freeze
                5:waven> no one talks to ease directly
                5:waven> you state your business with sanji
                5:waven> he will relay it to phizey
                5:waven> phizey will relay it to me
                5:waven> and i will talk to ease
                5:Freeze> LOL
                5:waven> that's how things work around here
                --
                1:renzi> freeze theres difference between being wasted and being a waste

Comment

see what i did there? i pulled one word from a post above and made a completely random post and made people talk about it.

:wub: neth.

I like the line he says "choose your words messengers, because in Sparta man, woman, even a messenger is repsonsible for their words"]

great movie.
                  There once was a man from Nantucket.

Comment

"only spartan women give births to real men" BURN! best line of the movie
                    1 + 1 = 1

Comment

Originally posted by +/- View Post
                      My occidental civilisations history classes are a little bit far in my head, but I believe the Athenian democracy wasn't exactly the kind of democracy we know today, as it was really restrictive. I'd agree to say it was some kind of paradigm that gave us the basis of true democracy. Although, I wouldn't go as far as saying that if the Persians had won that war, we wouldn't know what democracy actually is today. Personally, I think democracy would've appeared sooner or later, but I also think it is nearly impossible to emit a solid hypothesis on that matter -_-
                      Oh, I never said that our Democracy mirrors that of ancient Democracy, but Greek Democracy was far ahead of its time, and it would have taken much longer for Western Civilization to eventually adopt such free thinking. I am no philosopher and can't predict 2000 years of political sculpturing, but I can say it's not very far fetched to believe we would not even have such a thing as the internet in this year of 2007 had the Persians ruled much of the European lands and spread their political philosophies.

Gran you should be happy that because of the foolishness of your ancestor's generals, you are able to even speak out at all, let alone about something like this.

Comment

wow Paul, you kinda took that in a different direction. To play Devils Advocate (because thats what I do best) we're not exactly the neat and clean you're saying we are, we overthrow legal governments, supress the poor, and in america at least, racism is still very present in modern day, so how far ahead of the times are we?

All space detectives come armed with tcp/ip persona blasting pistols, it's required for their line of duty. Silly of both maisoul and goddess to not know this before hand, they get what they deserved, fucking zapped, bitches.

Comment

Originally posted by Nickname View Post
                          we're not exactly the neat and clean you're saying we are, we overthrow legal governments
                          This is what makes freedom so great, that this can exist, and through our own doing (not that of the government) we are able to make such change ourselves. I wouldn't have it any other way.

Comment

you're a hero amongst mortals, pauloakenfold

Comment

popular sovereignty is what people and people that govern want
                              LA

Comment

Originally posted by Nickname View Post
                                wow Paul, you kinda took that in a different direction. To play Devils Advocate (because thats what I do best) we're not exactly the neat and clean you're saying we are, we overthrow legal governments, supress the poor, and in america at least, racism is still very present in modern day, so how far ahead of the times are we?
                                I think it's better to look at how far behind we would have been if the Persians won. Of course we sometimes gloat in our accomplishments as a society, and sometimes it seems hypocritical when you really examine our society and how we treat and interact with other culture's and people throughout the world but there is progress being made and to deny that progress has been made is to say that we are no better than we were 4000 years ago. Men and nations fall, history had taught us so. We may see our society crumble, we may not, but more importantly what we stood for and who we were as a society will hopefully define us as people.
                                Last edited by Cops; 03-13-2007, 03:55 AM.
                                it makes me sick when i think of it, all my heroes could not live with it so i hope you rest in peace cause with us you never did

Comment

Working...
                                X