Help Please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Please!

i have a speech due tomorrow. its very simple: 10 minute informative. basically i have to make a slide show and stand up in front and spew out facts for 10 minutes. i'm hoping to come up with a decent topic to make it somewhat interesting, but i'm having troubles.

whoever comes up with the most obscure and random topic wins!

i was going to talk about pogs, but i think it'd be difficult to do that for 10 minutes

The best way to conquer a speech like that is to talk about something you really know. For instance if you play an instrument, you could talk about how you got into it, the learning curve for the instrument, how lessons helped, the parts of it etc. Pick something that you KNOW and then it'll be easier to improv/bs if you know more about it in general.
    5:royst> i was junior athlete of the year in my school! then i got a girlfriend
    5:the_paul> calculus is not a girlfriend
    5:royst> i wish it was calculus

1:royst> did you all gangbang my gf or something

1:fermata> why dont you get money fuck bitches instead

Comment

once i had to do a 3 minute (much easier than 10) speech on any topic we chose, as long as it was "teaching something"

i chose how to waste 3 minutes lol it turned out really well and i got an A+.

or you could do one like, how to do a 10 minute speech, or how to procrastinate

Comment

write about the one date you went on back in '79

Comment

the date my parents went on and somehow my father's sperm lay dormant until 9 years later when i was impregnated? that would be quite the saga.

i think i'm going to do a speech about procrastination though. because it is second nature to me and could be a unique speech topic

Comment

Talk about why smoking is good for you. You do this as a joke and everybody finds it funny. The teacher gets a good laugh and you get a high grade.
            My classmate did this, and I'm not lying when I say she's one of the most stupid persons I've ever met. I guess it's easier if you smoke. Also makes it even more funny.

Comment

Originally posted by Fit of Rage View Post
              The best way to conquer a speech like that is to talk about something you really know. For instance if you play an instrument, you could talk about how you got into it, the learning curve for the instrument, how lessons helped, the parts of it etc. Pick something that you KNOW and then it'll be easier to improv/bs if you know more about it in general.
              So.....Pot?
              Originally posted by Tone
              Women who smoke cigarettes are sexy, not repulsive. It depends on the number smoked. less is better

Comment

pogs is doable if you research it. If you want to half ass it and still get an A (which I'm just going to assume is true for every student out there), you should do what fit suggested - talk about something you know. Like... I dont know... guitars or something. What else do white people know how to do? Put down minorities? That's also an easy 10 mins right there.
                TelCat> i am a slut not a hoe
                TelCat> hoes get paid :(
                TelCat> i dont

Comment

I don't know... I had to do that once and my topic was myself. I was always shy in high school, so nobody knew much about me. IRL as well as in this game I have a killer sense of humor, so people thought it was really funny. I got the best mark in the class, 90+%, it was wicked. For weeks after people would talk about it, and people who weren't in that class wanted me to re-enact it. Everyone else did subjects like "poverty in Africa" or "playing the violin" and shit. I blew those fuckers away. Ya!

My favorite topics in life are: NHL hockey, space exploration and theories about what's out there (Stephen Hawking says we should try to build a sustainable human colony somewhere that isn't on Earth), and the ocean because all kinds of really cool things are down there and we hardly know anything about it.

VIVA OCEAN, VIVA
                  VIVA MARS COLONY, VIVA

Since you said you had to do this today you've probably already done it. What was your topic and how did you do?
                  Spider
                  Formerly EEK! A Spider!
                  Former TW Moderator, still an all around nice guy

Comment

Coffee.

Beans that grow in different parts of the world and what makes them different in taste due to the cliamtes and soil grown in.

Kona
                    kenya
                    Jamaican
                    Columbian
                    Sumatra
                    Guatemala
                    Sidamo
                    Italian/French Roast

Talk about the roasting of the bean and flavors.

You have beans especially ground for espresso, cappachino, latte's and so on.

Just a suggestion, as coffee is an easy one.
                    May your shit come to life and kiss you on the face.

Comment

Islam and its effects on contemporary ballroom dancing.

Comment

Re-enact a fairytale and use the slideshow to set the scenes :turned:
                        Pandagirl!

(ph)>12 is just right

In the most dangerous game...warping will only prolong your defeat. ?go warpwars -Chao <ER>
                        1:Chao <ER>> what the FUCK?
                        1:Chao <ER>> I just adverted and no one came
                        1:Chao <ER>> at all
                        1:Mantra-Slider> chao
                        1:Mantra-Slider> you are in the wrong arena
                        Panda <ZH>> ?find chao <ER>
                        Chao <ER> - hero

Comment

talk about your favourite tv show.
                          The only TWO TIME TWLJ All-Star and TWLB All-Star who never played a game.

Originally posted by Richard Creager
                          All space detectives come armed with tcp/ip persona blasting pistols, it's required for their line of duty. Silly of both maisoul and goddess to not know this before hand, they get what they deserved, fucking zapped, bitches.

Comment

speech turned out okay.
                            my topic was procrastination--i spent the first five minutes having a fake conversation on my phone in front of the class talking to my 'friend' how i was up all night playing mario and didnt start my paper until around 3:30 am. good news is i can beat the original mario bros. in under 6 minutes. then i hung up and talked about the negative effects of procrastiation while 'dozing off' every couple minutes for the remainder of the time. basically i bs'd the entire thing, but got some laughs and a decent grade.

Comment

I was just reading the wikipedia article for the domestic cat and I thought this was a particularly funny excerpt.

Dogs have been known to be blinded by cats in fights in which the cat specifically targeted the eyes of the larger animal with some accuracy.

pwnage.
                              Spider
                              Formerly EEK! A Spider!
                              Former TW Moderator, still an all around nice guy

Comment

Working...
                              X