Events to help the community

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Events to help the community

A few weeks ago I found out about a local cleanup to help the environment, and I decided to help out. I'm the leader of my little group so I dragged a bunch of my friends into it, and we went through with the cleanup today.

Potomac Watershed Cleanup-

http://www.potomaccleanup.org/trash_...h_cleanup.html

My friends and I had a great time, and a few have expressed interest in doing more things to help the community, which I wholeheartedly agree with. I already have us set up to help with the Avon walk in may, but I was wondering if anyone else had any suggestions as to specific events to help the community that I could also get us involved in.

I've been awake since noon on friday so please excuse any lack of clarity in this post, I'm going to go pass out now (yes finally chao). Thanks ahead of time~
    My father in law was telling me over Thanksgiving about this amazing bartender at some bar he frequented who could shake a martini and fill it to the rim with no leftovers and he thought it was the coolest thing he'd ever seen. I then proceeded to his home bar and made four martinis in one shaker with unfamiliar glassware and a non standard shaker and did the same thing. From that moment forward I knew he had no compunction about my cock ever being in his daughter's mouth.

you should join any kiwanis-related club

kiwanis - postcollege/uni volunteer
    circle k - college/uni community service
    key club - hs community service (im in this one)
    LA

Comment

I get it!

Comment

i dont live where you live
        Originally posted by turmio
        jeenyuss seemingly without reason if he didn't have clean flours in his bag.
        Originally posted by grand
        I've been afk eating an apple and watching the late night news...

Comment

Check the date, it's all a joke, let's laugh

Comment

I planted a baby tree at the top of a road the other week, back off
            Originally posted by Facetious
            edit: (Money just PMed me his address so I can go to Houston and fight him)

Comment

And I bet you can't wait until those babies get ripe enough for you to pick.

Comment

Originally posted by Emaho View Post
                Check the date, it's all a joke, let's laugh
                It's actually not, Check the site asshole

March 31st, Fairfax County Government community center
                My father in law was telling me over Thanksgiving about this amazing bartender at some bar he frequented who could shake a martini and fill it to the rim with no leftovers and he thought it was the coolest thing he'd ever seen. I then proceeded to his home bar and made four martinis in one shaker with unfamiliar glassware and a non standard shaker and did the same thing. From that moment forward I knew he had no compunction about my cock ever being in his daughter's mouth.

Comment

you talking about nature specific or general good doing?

if you have a ps3, make it do folding
                  USA WORLD CHAMPS

Comment

general good-doing, although if you have any other nature ideas that would be great also

Jeen you don't have to live by me to suggest ideas

And no I decided to help my bank account by not getting a ps3

Comment

Chill
                      It was just a joke..
                      I actually think it's really good what you're doing!
                      Btw do you have a lot of like soft drink bottles thrown into the nature? That could be solved with a good recycling system.. Down here in Australia, they give you almost nothing back when you recycle so therefor people throw the bottles/cans into the bin or in the nature..

Comment

Ah, thought you were trying to be a dick

it's all good

I can't say too much about how good our recycling program is here, because I haven't looked in on it. We found more beer cans than we did soft drink/water bottles, so I'm guessing it's not too bad. The thing with the cleanup is that although plastic makes up for 25% of the trash found in watersheds/dry ponds/etc, you can't recycle it because it's been in highly unsanitary places/conditions. What we can do though (and did), is separate the plastics from the rest of the trash in order to make disposal easy.

Comment

Working...
                        X